Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Event Lux

Event lux should have never made an appearance to begin with. OTM created this hotly contested monster and can fix it to some degree by bringing back permanent versions of the most requested items, i.e. The Reaper with heat, cold or magic damage instead of poison damage.

Not going to appease everyone by rehashing old items, but I see more requests to bring the stuff back than those who are opposed to it.
How do we kill those bosses without good equipment? Build up from other bosses like starting over??
YourMedicine 220 Warrior Lir Inactive
Calculus 205 Rogue Lir
Agenda X 215 Rogue Donn
Virtuous 170 Warrior Donn Inactive

Rogue is much funner!

If different thinkers are enemies just think of what we could be
If our thoughts were in harmony

I'm wondering why they took event lux away too. Before they confirmed it was put in as a gold sink, and it is a massive one. But with it gone, what's going to replace it? nothing? What about the mount shop disappearing? That's another huge gold sink gone. I predict inflation...
You would hope OTM realised this is probably the biggest argument going against getting rid of lux shops and that they have a decent contingency plan. Chests only go so far for gold and some worlds don't even get that many plat buyers. They said there's alot of hidden fishing content so hopefully this extends into the update as a whole and we see some decent hidden surprises in there. If not then OTM expect alot of backlash. There's already alot of posts lately surrounding the idea of too much gold.
Fingal - Whykicamoocow
Hammy Level 221 Mage

Chests only go so far for gold and some worlds don't even get that many plat buyers. They said there's alot of hidden fishing content so hopefully this extends into the update as a whole and we see some decent hidden surprises in there.
The thing about chests is that it doesn't take the gold out of the game, it only circulates it. When you buy somethign from another player, that gold doesn't disappear. It only gets transferred to another person. The only way to take gold out of the game is an NPC shop. When someone buys something from an NPC that gold is gone.
From Fishing, I only saw a shop selling fishermans droughts that increase concentration. That's like 100-500g per potion. Not really a lot.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Chests only go so far for gold and some worlds don't even get that many plat buyers. They said there's alot of hidden fishing content so hopefully this extends into the update as a whole and we see some decent hidden surprises in there.
The thing about chests is that it doesn't take the gold out of the game, it only circulates it. When you buy somethign from another player, that gold doesn't disappear. It only gets transferred to another person. The only way to take gold out of the game is an NPC shop. When someone buys something from an NPC that gold is gone.
From Fishing, I only saw a shop selling fishermans droughts that increase concentration. That's like 100-500g per potion. Not really a lot.
If you cook up a fisherman shore something it regens you, it's almost free, and it works fairly well.

People will tire of fishing after the first two days and then it's goodbye sink.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Right an npc event lux shop is very important for a gold sink. And what i was saying is since the new 90/140/190 came out the gold has been building its to cheap and not enough people want to buy it so the ingame gold has been building. The lux needs to be better and the cost needs to be in balance with the amount of gold that is being farmed out of the server.

Wait they are removing event lux?
I think it was originally explained as the time and energy was being focused on permanent content rather than a seasonal update (which we are accustomed to including new event lux). Without the event there is no lux planned at this time. I don't recall otm saying there would never be new lux in the future, but just that the focus for now is on permanent content and lux has not been mentioned as being a planned part of that content.

This is why I suggest that at least a couple of previous lux vendors be stuck in the shop stalls around the castle or the fishing pier. It would be a way to provide some lux without much work on anyone's part. It wouldn't have to be a vendor who sold items that would make the sky fall, the economies crash simultaneously, and every plague known to mankind rain down on our heads. Which old vendors were selling could change with each update until whatever time new lux was planned and created.

This new permanent lux shop is anoying to me cause I spent a lot of gold collecting expensive lux from other players and this cost a lot of plat and now you just make a shop where you can get it all for less you. :(
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

This new permanent lux shop is anoying to me cause I spent a lot of gold collecting expensive lux from other players and this cost a lot of plat and now you just make a shop where you can get it all for less you. :(
It is like the pirate shop and only one item at a time, so you very well could have to pay 10mil plus to get something you want. It really won't have that much of an effect on the economy of worlds and people will still possibly pay 5mil for a sure chance at a reaper etc from a person now rather than play with chance in the shop

Black and white pirate cost what, 50k total from shop but people will spend a crap ton for it from a person
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)