Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Resets: Good for some, not for others

We all love server resets. It makes all the end game bosses respawn, as well as the current event bosses and Dragonlord bosses. It gives us something to do for a couple hours, and it lets us keep timers on the end game bosses. All-in-all, server resets are awesome. But not for all bosses...

The new weapon bosses spawn on a 15 day max timer, and do not respawn when the server gets reset. So we might be on day 14, when the server is reset, and then will have to wait another 14 days for it to respawn... that's almost a month without one of these bosses! That is not counting if the server gets reset multiple times during the month, as is now happening because of flash sales.

This also affects all other rare spawn even bosses; Ymir, Ythair, Vorum, Askold, Athatch, Grimling, witches, witchfinders, ghost bosses, etc. All of them get their respawn times reset when the server resets. It was harder to see this in the past, but the weapon bosses have presented a good test case where we can see that this is how rare spawn bosses work. Weapon bosses spawn like past event bosses, but they have a much smaller spawn time window. This is why we see so few of the past event bosses; because the servers get reset so often and it messes with their timers.

So what can be done about this? I'm not sure. It is a problem that should be addressed, because it directly affects the amount of rare spawn items in the worlds and reduces the amount of bosses that we can fight. If a boss is so rare that it hardly ever spawns, can we even consider it still in the game? (I'm looking at you Ythair!) I would like to see something done about this, but I'm not sure how this problem can be solved. I would like to ask OTM to look into this problem, to see if anything can be done.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: Server Resets: Good for some, not for others

umm i have good news for you, these new weapon bosses spawn after server restart, but not all of them... server was restarted today and i soloed lvl 40 boss, got bow from it and after that i checked 140, it was also up and it dropped hammer (unfortunatelly lvl 90 wasnt up in sewers)
Crom
Furi0us warrior 175 lvl
Fenrirr rogue 185 lvl
7ingMad - warrior lvl 74
Razorr - mage lvl 100
Melkorr - ranger lvl 109
Mjolnirr - PvP mage lvl 25
Mirana - druid lvl 72
Eul - ranger lvl 44

Herne - retired

You just proved my point. They can spawn after a server restart, but not always. Same with all the other rare spawn bosses. I have seen some rare spawns up after a restart, and I have seen some take forever to spawn after a restart. This is why Arawn went so long without a 190 weapon boss. Server resets mess with rare spawn boss timers.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

My main issue with server restarts are that they are always during my mornings while i am at work or late at night when I'm sleeping. Never are they during the daytime or evening. I feel like I havent seen a server restart in prob years. And I'm not inactive either.
Druid 180+ Debinosuke
Rogue 150+ Kartier
Ranger 70 Kartier2
Mage 60 Kartier3
Warrior 35 Kartier4

Clan: Soulsignited
World: Crom

FIX DRUIDS OTM!!
Refuse to buy plat until druid energy issues are addressed!
Post this on your signature if you agree!

You just proved my point. They can spawn after a server restart, but not always. Same with all the other rare spawn bosses. I have seen some rare spawns up after a restart, and I have seen some take forever to spawn after a restart. This is why Arawn went so long without a 190 weapon boss. Server resets mess with rare spawn boss timers.
yea, so once ymir spawned after restart, but another time it was prince corvax... just random boss spawns
Crom
Furi0us warrior 175 lvl
Fenrirr rogue 185 lvl
7ingMad - warrior lvl 74
Razorr - mage lvl 100
Melkorr - ranger lvl 109
Mjolnirr - PvP mage lvl 25
Mirana - druid lvl 72
Eul - ranger lvl 44

Herne - retired

My main issue with server restarts are that they are always during my mornings while i am at work or late at night when I'm sleeping. Never are they during the daytime or evening. I feel like I havent seen a server restart in prob years. And I'm not inactive either.
otm restarts servers during their worktime so this might be in the night/morning for you. they usually reset servers between 10-15 gmt.
Ephraim, 191 Dps Rogue
Bonfire!!!
Proud part of Resurgence/Arawn
aka Ezekiell

Honesty, nothing to worry about here. With server resets you get lv150 and lv200 bosses who drop way better gear than those of previous events, aggy, hrung, mordris and necro spawns as well.

190 bosses dont drop the best weapons in the game, the caster weapons are nothing to write about. Melee weapons are decent but nowhere near as great as mordris spears, dl weapons, necro weapons.
Wattzon of Sulis