Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New people joining and naming themselves like others

Well i didn't know about this until today, but i seen some new people joining this game especially world arawn, and naming themselves like other players, for example today i seen a low level named iBubbles , knowing that there is a Bubbles(level 81 druid), another example i was so surprised is when i saw a level 10 warrior named "kookz", and many started asking what was going on. Well i don't know if those people are having fun naming themselves after some people, or they want to be like us which is good. But all i can picture in my mind now is trouble. Those people might be onto something. They might be trying to do something wrong and some people think that Bubbles is related to iBubbles, or Kooks related to kookz, and trying to cause us trouble. I know i am alot annoyed of this dude naming himself after me, but i want u guys to know that i never had an alt, and never will. I am going solo on Kooks. So whatever kookz does anything wrong, blame him not me. Plus ima let the admins know about this just to keep things safe.... So kookz :P in case u read this, i wanna know the reason why u name urself after me.

Cheers for reading this..

Class: Warrior
Name: Kooks
Level: 92
Clan: Amigos

Re: New people joining and naming themselves like others

That iBubble guy is a pre-update player who started playing again, so the name might just be coincidence.

The low level guy named like you I would wonder about. Could be he just thought the name was cool and didn't even know about you. I'd tell your friends to watch out if they get request for money or items.
Aoibheann - Ranger 87 - Serenity - Arawn
Beany - Mage 57 - Serenity - Arawn

It's also the latest scam on on other worlds the make an acc same name as yours join your clan with a spy and wait for you to ask to meet somone to pass an object etc in clan chat then they send trade request on fake similar named acc hoping they hit the jackpot herioc neccy etc so beware its happening on other worlds so will happen here too
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

Hmmmm I just encountered a rogue called woIf. With a capital i instead of an L. Not me guys :)
This new WoIf is a good friend of mine and not a scammer. It's just a funny coincidence in this case. He came to CH from O&C at my perisitent badgering, and I just got a PM with his new name and came here :lol:

So yeah I can Vouche for the new WoIf :oops:
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Lol He's not gonna win any awards for diplomacy, he never has.

But to be fair asking someone to change their name, especially a name he has been using thru other games isn't something he is gonna want to do. That said, I understand yer POV, I understand you are trying to be helpful and trade plvling for a name change, but he's a hard knock player and comes from the same school of play hard, win hard.

I can't vouche for his style per se, we have always been different sides to same coin, but I can vouche for his intentions, which aren't scammer or duplicitous.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)