Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Something has to be done

#31
SecretSauce wrote:Let's not try to derail the thread and start talking about Divine Strike/Crit hacking shall we? On that note, can we get somebody with a reasonable knowledge of servers-n-shit to stand up and call BS on this accusation? This kind of thing is generated server-side so unless 1337 have hacked the servers the accusers have not the slightest idea what they're talking about. If that is the case, RIP OTM, eh?


You may be right, we dont know how the hacking actually works, not all of us are programmers or coders, we are gamers, we are not required to know exactly how every button works and why it works in the game. All we know is that the game now have options to use that are not meant to be there. With speed hacking, you have no need for mounts anymore and treat it like fashion, with divine strike/crit hack, there is no point to lock battles anymore, lvl/dps lock goes out the window compared to 8 divine strikes/crit

#fixyourgame
Image


Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Something has to be done

#32
SecretSauce wrote:Let's not try to derail the thread and start talking about Divine Strike/Crit hacking shall we? On that note, can we get somebody with a reasonable knowledge of servers-n-shit to stand up and call BS on this accusation? This kind of thing is generated server-side so unless 1337 have hacked the servers the accusers have not the slightest idea what they're talking about. If that is the case, RIP OTM, eh?

Hypocrisy aside... Whilst on the whole unfamiliar with the climate on Sulis currently; I can promise you there is speed hacking going on within this clan. A grand total of 3 people (out of 80? Idk). Ahah but wait- It has only started to matter as they've recruited, grown stronger and started outlocking the 'dominant clan'. Strange. This clan is now rallying the troops for support and asking the entire clan via Line to post on this forum so they "cannot be ignored". I'm personally not a fan of the "I want my money back unless something changes grrr!!" Technique but whatever floats your boat... I guess

tl;dr: Speed cheating happens, speed cheating is bad, crit/div cheating doesn't exist, you could've approached this better cause it'll get fixed, yo.

You say it's "strange" but as you said yourself you are unfamiliar with the climate of sulis. This has been going on longer than just recently. It's only been reported recently because when the players of sulis report this problem it is never dealt with. It's only now that they are blatenly cheating and nothing is being done about it. Personally I have been in groups where people put themselves in without and invite and laugh about it, I have been on my mount riding through carrow to mord and see these players zooming by with no mount or lix on at speeds that are superior to even 100% mounts. Just hoping that otm fixes these problems so that most of our top players don't leave the server.
Sulis
--------
Grammenz- 223 Ranger
Perspectives - 182 Rogue

Re: Something has to be done

#33
flame1striker wrote:You may be right, we dont know how the hacking actually works, not all of us are programmers or coders, we are gamers, we are not required to know exactly how every button works and why it works in the game.


It doesn't require a genius nor a degree in computer science to understand the basic game dynamics in an MMO like this one. In fact, any actual gamer should undersand the simple principles of why things like "divine/crit hacking" is morbidly absurd. I'll simplify it for you since it is apparent you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Data is stored in two locations, the client and the server. Both the client and the server have packets of data. For obvious reasons, almost all of the data is stored on the server rather than the client. This data is impossible to modify without hacking into the server (hacking a server is illegal and not feasible in this case). In order to breach a server, one must first know the location of the server, then make it past every firewall and security protocol in place, locate and change the values of whatever data they are searching for, and do it all without leaving a trace. OTM has already confirmed the servers have never been hacked.

When you attack an enemy in the game, your client is sending packets of information to the server. Only when the information reaches the server will it register and actual damage is inflicted to the enemy you are attacking. (This is why during lag you are still able to attack the enemy, but there is a delay before skills and auto attacks land). Because the data associated with damage dealt is all processed on the server, the client is unable to modify what happens with the packets of data being sent to the server. Attempting to modify packets would simply achieve nothing because there are safety protocols in place IN EVERY MMO GAME which inspect each packet received from the client. When the server and client packets conflict, the server packet is authoritative.

To be clear - all the damage is coming FROM the server and can not be modified by the client.

This is why you can not modify XP gains, damage, critical strike frequency, and more. Certainly not with your iPhone. Does this much logic hurt your brain?

flame1striker wrote:All we know is that the game now have options to use that are not meant to be there.


These "options" have been accessible to players since the game was released in 2011. You just don't have any idea what you're talking about.

flame1striker wrote:With speed hacking, you have no need for mounts anymore and treat it like fashion, with divine strike/crit hack, there is no point to lock battles anymore, lvl/dps lock goes out the window compared to 8 divine strikes/crit

#fixyourgame


Already debunked the divine strikes/crit hacking myth so I won't go there again. I'll finish with addressing the "speed hacking."

Movement speed is one of the few things that can be modified by the client. The reason for this has already been explained by forum admins - and placing safety protocols on this will have adverse effects on the client. That is because movement speed, unlike damage, is not relevant to any NPC and does not need to constantly communicate with the server. Moving extremely fast does not help you actually kill things. This is why you are still able to move around the map freely even when you have lost connection to the server, but not do damage to any NPC. When you are experiencing lag, your movement speed is not effected. Can you imagine the issues if the contrary were true? As a result, this data can easily be modified by the client, on the client device, which is not illegal and is undetectable by the servers.

Stop assuming that just because people can modify local files, they are able to do other things too. Crit/divine hacking is just as easy to do as hacking gold and platinum. And changing the level of your character to 1000. It would also mean that these people could one-hit gelebron while everyone in your clan is asleep and you would never find out what happened. #learnlogic
Last edited by Gaming101 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Something has to be done

#34
grammenz wrote:
SecretSauce wrote:Let's not try to derail the thread and start talking about Divine Strike/Crit hacking shall we? On that note, can we get somebody with a reasonable knowledge of servers-n-shit to stand up and call BS on this accusation? This kind of thing is generated server-side so unless 1337 have hacked the servers the accusers have not the slightest idea what they're talking about. If that is the case, RIP OTM, eh?

Hypocrisy aside... Whilst on the whole unfamiliar with the climate on Sulis currently; I can promise you there is speed hacking going on within this clan. A grand total of 3 people (out of 80? Idk). Ahah but wait- It has only started to matter as they've recruited, grown stronger and started outlocking the 'dominant clan'. Strange. This clan is now rallying the troops for support and asking the entire clan via Line to post on this forum so they "cannot be ignored". I'm personally not a fan of the "I want my money back unless something changes grrr!!" Technique but whatever floats your boat... I guess

tl;dr: Speed cheating happens, speed cheating is bad, crit/div cheating doesn't exist, you could've approached this better cause it'll get fixed, yo.

You say it's "strange" but as you said yourself you are unfamiliar with the climate of sulis. This has been going on longer than just recently. It's only been reported recently because when the players of sulis report this problem it is never dealt with. It's only now that they are blatenly cheating and nothing is being done about it. Personally I have been in groups where people put themselves in without and invite and laugh about it, I have been on my mount riding through carrow to mord and see these players zooming by with no mount or lix on at speeds that are superior to even 100% mounts. Just hoping that otm fixes these problems so that most of our top players don't leave the server.


Refer to my response above in reference to the "hacking" and "blatantly* cheating" accusations.

If your "top players" want to be sore losers and quit because they aren't good nor smart enough to win boss locks anymore, and cry about it, then that's their choice.

Do you always assume OTM doesn't ban people who actually violate the ToS? Or is it just because you keep losing bosses you have to assume they simply don't ban people who do wrong anymore? Don't answer those questions, by the way. Just let it sink in.

Maybe, instead of listening to the bigotry that is your clan's leadership (the guy who told you to come here and post on this topic is actually an extreme sore loser and hates losing bosses in general), you should learn some logic about how games work. Then you might understand why this guy looks like a complete fool claiming he loses bosses because of hacks.

Re: Something has to be done

#35
OTM needs to take action, enough is enough. The 1337 Clan has a bad reputation when it comes to play fair, from their verbal abuse (verbal bullying) to other players, resetting Legacy bosses over and over for their own profit, buying accounts or sell them for real money (Fraud) and have the audacity to show off their achievements to other players on chat line and finally speed hacking / modding the game. LET ME ASK YOU OTM when would you take action? We sent the proof months ago and until this day, not even a friendly email saying, “Received” Is this how you treat your customers? All we want is FAIR PLAY, we deserved it, especially since we purchase PLAT to play this game.
Finally, please don't try to justify your cheating ways by trying to teach us how the game/system works... All you are doing is incriminating yourself more. If OTM desires, please P.M so I can mail you screenshot conversations, and character images justifying what I just wrote about.

Re: Something has to be done

#36
The clan in question are speed hacking to gain an unfair advantage over their competition, as it allows whole groups of them to arrive at raid bosses such as Mordris within a time frame that would otherwise be impossible.

I also want to add that it's an open secret that many of the accounts in this clan have been bought or otherwise traded.
Soldiersofjah

Ranger lvl 223
Mage lvl 220


Sulis

Re: Something has to be done

#37
Oh look ^ it's that fella JR who requested destiny video call him to prove she was in fact a woman. (It seems naming and shaming is allowed on this thread whoops). There's no real need to bring account trading into this as all leaders of all clans on Sulis are guilty of this aren't we guys? As you can see, no party is without wrongdoing so tone it down would we?

On a slightly off-topic note - why do I have a feeling you would still complain if that leystone near mord was implemented? No need to speed there after that and speed cheaters would be there just as quick. "Omg they're here already! We only just started priestess, they weren't even camping this is BS". *Forum post about why it should be removed*

This thread has derailed with sufficient rule breaking and hypocrisy. Should be locked IMO

Re: Something has to be done

#38
1Magic1 wrote:Sulis has always been a competition driven server


Ahahaha Can both sides come together and agree. ^^that^^ is the most criminal statement on this thread lol.

Re: Something has to be done

#39
I think this thread has now run its course.

It seems some people may have misconstrued my previous posts / pms on the subject.

We are not idly sitting by on this issue. We are still investigating player reports and will be taking appropriate action in time. We are not going to simply ban accounts without proof.

Additional evidence would be helpful in our investigation and can be sent to Support@onethumbmobile.com, it is not required as some seem to have interpreted but would only help in our ongoing investigation.
(If players have admitted it in chat either screenshots or dates would be useful)

Our Programming Team have moved this up their priority list, when I have further information I will keep everyone updated.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests