Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

abillity!!!

i don't get how the ability up rate goes because right now my fire ability is 120/130 and for some reason i have to use my fireball 20 times just to get it 1 up but then the next time i use it, i use it once and it goes another 1 up...the success rate of me using fireball is not frequent of how my ability rate is going ..why is that?

Re: abillity!!!

Hi there

Each time you do the action there is a random chance that the ability associated with it will go up.

Hope that explains it!
Oh wow that explains a lot :D I always wondered how that worked. I've got some classes that are very lucky and some that are not so lucky. what are the odds? Is it based on the particular skill? IMHO the helping skills should level up quicker like first aid. Seems like for a couple of my classes this isn't leveling very well :(
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Hi there

Each time you do the action there is a random chance that the ability associated with it will go up.

Hope that explains it!
This would be good to add to the Tips for Beginners guide. Thanks!
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

I am thinking that the probablity of success (increase in skill) goes down as your ability gets higher... so the 'odds' aren't something fixed Raven.
Yes I think your right, when I started ice magic with my mage it seemed like every time I casted I leveled up. Now it takes much longer. I could be wrong but it seems like first aid seems to build the slowest. This could be me becasue I purchase sigils and don't use those skills as much. Hmm come to think of it this is a negative aspect of purchasing sigils :( You don't level your first aid as much and can't heal other players that effectivly. For me maybe first aids probability of leveling should go up to counter act the sigil effect.
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

I had about 150 first aid and I spent a week getting it maxed to 540. It takes a lot of time and patience. One thing I did note though is that after you get a few dry runs of 20+ hits you'll usually get a quick one. You shouldn't just get pure unlucky for like 100 ability levels - its somewhat balanced even though its completely random. It takes a lot of time up, but I'm not in support that they should make it easier because it takes a ton of time and patience to get it...So you really have to want it to get it.