Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: DECA use forums to communicate to players again

My guess is that DECA uses the community discord server because that's where a lot of players go to talk. Plus, announcements can be sent to players with push notifications.

However, the whole Discord vs Forums is kind of an infinite circle. The reason people don't use the forums much is because there isn't really a reason to (DECA staff don't roam the forums to interact with the players, and the forums style doesn't really allow for the free-form chat system). That then leads DECA to not have an interest in utilizing the forums because there aren't many people here.

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion of the exploit in the Discord server. We started off by not letting players discuss it at all, but as it spread more and more and DECA did nothing about it, we temporarily stopped enforcing that position for a number of reasons - mainly because players were gonna discuss it anyways, and it was better to do it in a semi-controllable format there, where DECA can actually see player reports in real time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

However, the whole Discord vs Forums is kind of an infinite circle. The reason people don't use the forums much is because there isn't really a reason to (DECA staff don't roam the forums to interact with the players, and the forums style doesn't really allow for the free-form chat system). That then leads DECA to not have an interest in utilizing the forums because there aren't many people here.

Yes, DECA doesn't come to the forums, so people left. Isn't that the problem? Someone from discord is responding. Not DECA.
People go to discord because it's only option. For people that like spam chat, discord can be good. I don't enjoy reading 100 spam messages to find answers to questions or problems I have. Discord is still toxic right now. It's not just this one dupe glitch. It's the ongoing bashing and people trying to ruin the game.

Yes, DECA doesn't come to the forums, so people left. Isn't that the problem? Someone from discord is responding. Not DECA.
People go to discord because it's only option. For people that like spam chat, discord can be good. I don't enjoy reading 100 spam messages to find answers to questions or problems I have. Discord is still toxic right now. It's not just this one dupe glitch. It's the ongoing bashing and people trying to ruin the game.
Well technically I was part of the forums before the discord server was even set up xD

Yes, I concur. That's where the forums are better than Discord imo - keeping different topics clearly separated and on their own threads. Discord does have a new forums feature that we set up in the server, but it still gets a ton of junk spam thrown into it.

I'd love to get more use back into the forums.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!