Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Allow Server swapping!

In fact this game has never needed so many servers, I don't know why there are so many, and yes, reducing the amount to 5-8 servers would be good (disregarding the effects of the breakdown of ecosystems and server economy). Every player base concentrated on 5-8 servers would make the game much more social and interactive with each other. Seriously does anyone really know what the active servers are besides Epona? I'm really curious, all epona maps are full of players.
because there are no dungeons at all in this game so the only way to level up farm etc is in shared spaces and when a bunch of people are doing that on the same server due to there being very few it just becomes hell for everyone. Imagine trying to lix in carrow against 10 other people, even if you grouped you'd all just be standing there waiting around for things to spawn wasting your lixes. The only thing you can do despite the amount of people is cook but even then you need to pick wheat and other unfathomable which you'd have to compete with other players with. It's just not a good idea unless all servers were beyond dead. Although I think having a shared gold bank between all servers on the same account would be a cool idea.
You have a point, but even in epona, I don't know if that overcrowding is making the farm so difficult, but this is about a high enough number to cause that (which is technically possible, although many often complain about a message saying that Epona is full and they can't log in, thus giving an idea of ​​the maximum number of players that can log in at the same time). I agree about the dungeons, it would be a great update for CH, if that's really possible.

because there are no dungeons at all in this game so the only way to level up farm etc is in shared spaces and when a bunch of people are doing that on the same server due to there being very few it just becomes hell for everyone. Imagine trying to lix in carrow against 10 other people, even if you grouped you'd all just be standing there waiting around for things to spawn wasting your lixes.
Exactly. The game's content can only support so many players. From the drop rate of good items at bosses (about 0.5 good items per month per class per boss), to there only being three endgame raids (with spawn rates that one endgame clan can kill all easily), to the player requirements for an endgame raiding clan (25-35 actives can handle all bosses)... Means the max number of players supported in a server's endgame should be capped at ~70 if two groups are competing. I believe this aligns with the cap we see on most servers.

Epona of course is much more active, and they make up for the lack of content by having a culture that is very open to trading gear/quest items around. Less gear locked up on characters going inactive means more content available to players means higher player cap, however I believe this is in large part due to them not having competition. I've been told people can go a year+ there without ever winning an endgame boss roll...
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

because there are no dungeons at all in this game so the only way to level up farm etc is in shared spaces and when a bunch of people are doing that on the same server due to there being very few it just becomes hell for everyone. Imagine trying to lix in carrow against 10 other people, even if you grouped you'd all just be standing there waiting around for things to spawn wasting your lixes.
Exactly. The game's content can only support so many players. From the drop rate of good items at bosses (about 0.5 good items per month per class per boss), to there only being three endgame raids (with spawn rates that one endgame clan can kill all easily), to the player requirements for an endgame raiding clan (25-35 actives can handle all bosses)... Means the max number of players supported in a server's endgame should be capped at ~70 if two groups are competing. I believe this aligns with the cap we see on most servers.

Epona of course is much more active, and they make up for the lack of content by having a culture that is very open to trading gear/quest items around. Less gear locked up on characters going inactive means more content available to players means higher player cap, however I believe this is in large part due to them not having competition. I've been told people can go a year+ there without ever winning an endgame boss roll...

I suppose that's possible but seems pretty unlikely. There aren't usually more than 100 players at a raid. Over the year thats 100 spawns for ea boss on average. Over 1000 drops. Even if you show up to just half the spawns you would statistically win around 5 drops. For someone to get nothing is unlikely. A lot of those drops aren't very good thought. and it's really the amount of good drops that determine how many players the game can support though, if they were all good I can see a server capping around 100 or even a few more active eg players.

One of the most overlooked aspect of dom servers, is the amount of toxic drama they tend to generate.
The reason why the current Taranis dom clans actually succeed, was that they play the players, while the rest of the server is still playing the game.

Some of the toxic examples are :
1) sending in spies to steal timers
2) making fake bank accounts to "sell" pures and runes
3) making up stories to defame the players they cannot poach, especially when they are losing

This is why server swap will allow players who want to get away from these sick drama mongers an opportunity to enjoy the game once again.
Integrity is telling yourself the truth.

That drama exists on every server sadly. So many grown ass adults (men and women) that feel like they have to behave that way. Then there’s the kids who act nasty because the adults helped create that culture in the first place. Even on Epona I heard there’s some higher up people (like the ones who have the most influence on the black list and whatnot) who are complete assholes which can and has created some toxic moments. Only difference is on Epona you can always get loot no matter what list you’re on.

No matter where you go you’ll always run into the same types of assholes because every dom server is the exact same. Those people are also usually intertwined with one another in a third party messaging app (there’s some weird chat groups out there lol) so they all know one another and take influence from one another. “Well if they do it must make it okay to do it on my server too”. Kinda like a sick club where everything that is generally frowned upon passes as okay.

Epona is and will always seem to be the best choice for players looking for an escape from it all. Says a lot considering it’s seriously overpopulated.

I like this Idea. If someone doesn't like a server community, they can try out other servers. Need not start the painful grind from scratch.

Maybe put a sever transfer token in plat shop, which can be used if the toon has only the "no trade" items equipped/in bank/in inventory.

Toons can take all the items that's "no trade" (edl armour, faction shop rings, pets , mounts etc).

Having fun and playing with folks you are comfortable with is much more important. This can stop players from quiting.
Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.