Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is there any difference?

Albert Wells wrote:Frankly speaking, I am so new to this forum and do not know about any coding or what is necessary to make up this engine. I wanna ask that is there difference between the coding of Android and iOS version?

Yes, Android and iOS apps are built differently (different coding languages - Java and Swift).

From what I know about Unity (the engine that the game is built in), it just uses different modules that let them develop the game once and then build the game out onto both IOS and Android. Not sure how complex that process is.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Is there any difference?

Eragon123 wrote:
Albert Wells wrote:Frankly speaking, I am so new to this forum and do not know about any coding or what is necessary to make up this engine. I wanna ask that is there difference between the coding of Android and iOS version?

Yes, Android and iOS apps are built differently (different coding languages - Java and Swift).

From what I know about Unity (the engine that the game is built in), it just uses different modules that let them develop the game once and then build the game out onto both IOS and Android. Not sure how complex that process is.

Yep, Unity uses C-Sharp for the code, and lets the devs choose to export ("compile") the project for IOS, Android, XBox, Oculus, whatever. There might be some minor differences -- like how the default graphics settings are determined -- but 99% of it should be the same code.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!