Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: lack of responsiveness

There's a difference between "giving up on CH" and moving on to a new project.

CH has had a good, long life. Longer than most games like it (name one other mobile MMORPG that has been around since 2011 and still has hundreds of players logging in daily). It really shouldn't have been a surprise that the leadership wanted to try something new/different (even though yes, I know Odyssey has a ton of similarities to CH, but still - it's different enough).

Generally, most developers only last a few years in a job - they get tired of the same work/project(s) and want to move on to something new. We saw that with OTM as various people came and left. It doesn't just apply to developers though - even the management team comes and goes. Just look at how many CMs OTM went through: Wulver, Kodelia, Muldar. The only people who don't really have the luxury of moving to a different company are the owners of the company. That's why imo it really wasn't much of a surprise to see OTM get disbanded and have VR get founded with a new project in mind - it was really the only way to be able to move on and try something new.

I for one don't see it as "giving up" on CH, but rather moving on to new projects. Essentially they may mean similar things, but they have very different tones.

Also please don't misunderstand me. I really wish that CH will continue on. I have so many good memories of the game, literally almost a decade of friends, pictures, in-game items, etc. I would love to see VR come back in a year or two, once Odyssey is fully launched, and take up a few small content updates throughout the years. Maybe VR will be able to hire someone to oversee a small dev team that focuses exclusively on CH. Maybe that's already the plan, but they temporarily have all hands on deck for Odyssey. We don't really know, all we can do is guess.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

In case my post gets deleted: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103882

They are milking the Celtic Hero player base dry.
Please stop spending money on this Celtic Heroes, keep on playing it, enjoy it but do not spend a penny on it. I just uninstalled the train wreck Alpha Warhammer: Odyssey and it dawned on me; Celtic Heroes players are bankrolling that dumpster fire. I understand loving Celtic Heroes, I used to love this game, I played it for 5 years, but if you ever want to see change to Celtic Heroes, force Virtual Studios to pay attention to you again. Just remember, without Celtic Heroes, they do not exist as a studio.

Dont be a desperate player, its just a game.
Whatever you do, whatever you say, you cant revive a dead game.
You cant force Devs to update a dead game. Dont force people what to do.
Just accept the reality, move on, and enjoy your last days in Dal Riata.

I play both Celtic Heroes and Warhammer and i believe that warhammer is the next big thing. Just focus everything on Warhammer, because that game will be the best MMORPG in the future.
Celtic Heroes is a great game in the past and its dead but Warhammer is the best game in the future.

both of you completely failed to acknowledge the sleeping giant that is inactive simply due to lack of updates/communication. this game can easily be revitalized with one update, and far more profitable than Warhammer stands at the moment. why doubt what's tried and true for something unknown? the game is not dead from a community standpoint, but rather the devs if anything. who knows, maybe an update is coming. your posts just further encourage them to pull the plug, so please quit spreading false information. inactivity does not mean people quit, they're just waiting for news. 60%+ of my server is currently inactive due to this, as well as my other alt servers being around the same. i know far too many people ready to return but are waiting for communication on a realistic time frame for the future of CH. please quit speaking words that will make them more likely to do so. don't apply your lack of foresight for the game and it's future potential to blind you. id listen to the community more.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

There's a difference between "giving up on CH" and moving on to a new project.

CH has had a good, long life. Longer than most games like it (name one other mobile MMORPG that has been around since 2011 and still has hundreds of players logging in daily). It really shouldn't have been a surprise that the leadership wanted to try something new/different (even though yes, I know Odyssey has a ton of similarities to CH, but still - it's different enough).

Generally, most developers only last a few years in a job - they get tired of the same work/project(s) and want to move on to something new. We saw that with OTM as various people came and left. It doesn't just apply to developers though - even the management team comes and goes. Just look at how many CMs OTM went through: Wulver, Kodelia, Muldar. The only people who don't really have the luxury of moving to a different company are the owners of the company. That's why imo it really wasn't much of a surprise to see OTM get disbanded and have VR get founded with a new project in mind - it was really the only way to be able to move on and try something new.

I for one don't see it as "giving up" on CH, but rather moving on to new projects. Essentially they may mean similar things, but they have very different tones.

Also please don't misunderstand me. I really wish that CH will continue on. I have so many good memories of the game, literally almost a decade of friends, pictures, in-game items, etc. I would love to see VR come back in a year or two, once Odyssey is fully launched, and take up a few small content updates throughout the years. Maybe VR will be able to hire someone to oversee a small dev team that focuses exclusively on CH. Maybe that's already the plan, but they temporarily have all hands on deck for Odyssey. We don't really know, all we can do is guess.

I hate guessing.
I don't care about who, tried it and got bored.

1-2 resources at Who won't probably make a difference.
We been waiting for some time and its obvious that this cannot go on.

They have to divert few resources to CH.
Minor updates here and there.