Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: lack of responsiveness

As a business company in nowadays society, isnt it that profits matter? If a company gives up a profits making products, but turns to making a new product. What does it mean to you? The only answer i can think of is that the product makes no profit or at least they dont get the profits they expected.
by metrics of general ratio of downloads to in app purchases, CH is estimated last i checked about a month ago, 2-2.5x more profitable. that's speculation as nobody has actual numbers, but that is the general trajectory for any app in general. they are a tiny dev company, with much smaller costs than most games you have came across. they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by making a blind leap of faith into a game that's going to fail. watch it happen, calling it now. id suggest you reread my original post as this was stated there. ch also has a "sleeping giant" collective of inactive players ready to spend, and play, if they'd take two moments to put any effort into this game, but they're same as me, why spend and contribute to a dead game?. VR clearly wants to run CH into the ground because it will never be their product. i just hope the coding is released so we can at minimum play offline solo when they decide to do what they have obviously been planning since day one.

it's may, where is their refreshing and renewed energy they claimed for the future of Celtic Heroes? all i see is half wit effort towards a game that is totally flopping.

im saddened this post has not been answered. it is clear their stance. they will see it die, it was a good run guys, but we can only do so much. this'll probably be locked but it's already been spread thru the community via other measures, but i strongly advise against anyone spending any money at all until this is addressed beyond a bs vague statement that holds no merit. they have continued to lie time and time again. 5 months, nothing, so much for being refreshed and renewed for the future of Celtic Heroes.

i don't think any of us realized how much we lost when OTM was ousted in a very hostile manner. Richard has been super questionable and controversial for as long as i remember. he just no longer holds courage to speak as he's the head of this operation. Richard could save this, but he's too bullheaded to put any effort into a community that saw him wealthy. Richard, you'd have nothing without us, you got lucky, nothing you did warrants the return you saw. you threw OTM under the bus, and ousted them like they were nothing, when they created this game, that made you, you just had a small investment and got lucky that you happened to cross paths with such a great dev team. you fired the creators of our game, had no courage to speak up on why, and now you're killing our game, and again, you're too incompetent and scared to confront the issue at hand. i hope your flopped game serves you nothing but detriment and regret of what you once had and voluntarily gave up.
So maybe the best way or win-win-win ways is to sell CH back to "OTM" completely :)

As a business company in nowadays society, isnt it that profits matter? If a company gives up a profits making products, but turns to making a new product. What does it mean to you? The only answer i can think of is that the product makes no profit or at least they dont get the profits they expected.
by metrics of general ratio of downloads to in app purchases, CH is estimated last i checked about a month ago, 2-2.5x more profitable. that's speculation as nobody has actual numbers, but that is the general trajectory for any app in general. they are a tiny dev company, with much smaller costs than most games you have came across. they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by making a blind leap of faith into a game that's going to fail. watch it happen, calling it now. id suggest you reread my original post as this was stated there. ch also has a "sleeping giant" collective of inactive players ready to spend, and play, if they'd take two moments to put any effort into this game, but they're same as me, why spend and contribute to a dead game?. VR clearly wants to run CH into the ground because it will never be their product. i just hope the coding is released so we can at minimum play offline solo when they decide to do what they have obviously been planning since day one.

it's may, where is their refreshing and renewed energy they claimed for the future of Celtic Heroes? all i see is half wit effort towards a game that is totally flopping.

im saddened this post has not been answered. it is clear their stance. they will see it die, it was a good run guys, but we can only do so much. this'll probably be locked but it's already been spread thru the community via other measures, but i strongly advise against anyone spending any money at all until this is addressed beyond a bs vague statement that holds no merit. they have continued to lie time and time again. 5 months, nothing, so much for being refreshed and renewed for the future of Celtic Heroes.

i don't think any of us realized how much we lost when OTM was ousted in a very hostile manner. Richard has been super questionable and controversial for as long as i remember. he just no longer holds courage to speak as he's the head of this operation. Richard could save this, but he's too bullheaded to put any effort into a community that saw him wealthy. Richard, you'd have nothing without us, you got lucky, nothing you did warrants the return you saw. you threw OTM under the bus, and ousted them like they were nothing, when they created this game, that made you, you just had a small investment and got lucky that you happened to cross paths with such a great dev team. you fired the creators of our game, had no courage to speak up on why, and now you're killing our game, and again, you're too incompetent and scared to confront the issue at hand. i hope your flopped game serves you nothing but detriment and regret of what you once had and voluntarily gave up.
So maybe the best way or win-win-win ways is to sell CH back to "OTM" completely :)
if they wanna cut the cords, i bet the community could raise funds to do something if they let us, and we could see our true devs return. they cared about the community, they built the game from scratch, they watched it grow from nothing, they truly appreciated it, VR just simply won’t ever provide that. id donate to see the game returned to the hands of OTM, but id want them to lead, without Richard. I’d want the creators of the game to own it completely, OTM cared, they were just a small dev team so they had a hard time managing support, but compare then to now. they built the game from scratch, they literally created their own engine. we need OTM back.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

if they wanna cut the cords, i bet the community could raise funds to do something if they let us, and we could see our true devs return. they cared about the community, they built the game from scratch, they watched it grow from nothing, they truly appreciated it, VR just simply won’t ever provide that. id donate to see the game returned to the hands of OTM, but id want them to lead, without Richard. I’d want the creators of the game to own it completely, OTM cared, they were just a small dev team so they had a hard time managing support, but compare then to now. they built the game from scratch, they literally created their own engine. we need OTM back.

VR is the new OTM. OTM just change name to VR. Same owner, just change name.
Lazy Boy
175+
Rogue
Epona
Just Play and Enjoy
September 2020

I like roll system but i hate Epona because of bots.

Dont update Celtic Heroes until the community will change, from worst (scammers, stubborn, Dom clans, bots, etc.) to friendly community.

incorrect.

OTM is a completely different development team based out of Glasgow, VR is somewhere in Asia. everyone from OTM was fired suddenly out of nowhere. we never received any explanation, and VR does not put even half the effort into CH as OTM did.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

incorrect.

OTM is a completely different development team based out of Glasgow, VR is somewhere in Asia. everyone from OTM was fired suddenly out of nowhere. we never received any explanation, and VR does not put even half the effort into CH as OTM did.

I just said the same owner.
Different development but the owner is still the same.
Lazy Boy
175+
Rogue
Epona
Just Play and Enjoy
September 2020

Dont update Celtic Heroes until the community will change, from worst (scammers, stubborn, Dom clans, bots, etc.) to friendly community.

incorrect.

VR has some folks that were part of OTM and moved to Thailand after the massive firing. For the 18 months or so prior to that, VR staff worked with OTM staff, since they are basically the same company. VR was more OTM Asia than a completely different studio, although they are definitely losing the OTM branding with time (and that most of their staff were hired in the last two years). So yes, OTM was based in Glasgow and VR is based in Bangkok, but treating them as two completely different companies is incorrect. There are tons of posts here saying "I wish the old developers would come back", "VR bought CH from OTM", "Id donate to see the game returned to the hands of OTM", "we need OTM back", etc, as though people think there was a transaction involved and VR could somehow rehire the developers they fired. It's best not to spread that false narrative.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

incorrect.

VR has some folks that were part of OTM and moved to Thailand after the massive firing. For the 18 months or so prior to that, VR staff worked with OTM staff, since they are basically the same company. VR was more OTM Asia than a completely different studio, although they are definitely losing the OTM branding with time (and that most of their staff were hired in the last two years). So yes, OTM was based in Glasgow and VR is based in Bangkok, but treating them as two completely different companies is incorrect. There are tons of posts here saying "I wish the old developers would come back", "VR bought CH from OTM", "Id donate to see the game returned to the hands of OTM", "we need OTM back", etc, as though people think there was a transaction involved and VR could somehow rehire the developers they fired. It's best not to spread that false narrative.
you're speaking pretty dismissively as if what i said didn't hold substance. okay some transferred, but the members the community knew more personally, were ousted for the most part. if your words really held merit, this ideology wouldn't be widespread within the community. yes you spoke truth, but only half of it at best. i called Richard out if you'd take two moments to see my blame. i only faulted VR for lack of priority and their lack of effort in regards to CH. they did not create the game, they are not one in the same as OTM. 2011 is far from the date VR ever made any legitimate contribution. if my words held no merit, why was this very public situation not addressed properly? why did they very infamously avoid the speaking much on the situation? as the usual we've unfortunately become accustomed to, we were given vague words that held virtually no meaning or purpose but to distract and cause speculation. be real, the game has only went downhill in aspects of development and support since then. we all know that, it'd be hard to refute. like i said, it's may, so much for being refreshed for the future of celtic heroes and plans for 2021. empty promise after empty promise. Richard made the choice to fire OTM, not VR, not sure why you'd assume id make such an asinine claim. VR is not one in the same with OTM, but thats your opinion and obviously you're naturally going to be pressed to defend them even at detriment of community. we both know why so let's not go there. you attempted to refute
my words rather than address valid concern among community, you defended them, whilst simultaneously blowing off our concerns. if you dont hear these concerns, you don't play enough. from what ive heard you don't really play anyways, surely not active enough to form opinion on the matter, you're an inactive oldie, play more and you'll see what im talking about. im actually confused why you're a guide, as a guide should lead the community, and yet here you are, front and center, completely sidestepping the point of the post for irrelevant trivial matter, ignoring the community you're supposed to "guide".
kings pride
mabon - my main server

you're speaking pretty dismissively as if what i said didn't hold substance. okay some transferred, but the members the community knew more personally, were ousted for the most part. if your words really held merit, this ideology wouldn't be widespread within the community. yes you spoke truth, but only half of it at best. i called Richard out if you'd take two moments to see my blame. i only faulted VR for lack of priority and their lack of effort in regards to CH. they did not create the game, they are not one in the same as OTM. 2011 is far from the date VR ever made any legitimate contribution. if my words held no merit, why was this very public situation not addressed properly? why did they very infamously avoid the speaking much on the situation? as the usual we've unfortunately become accustomed to, we were given vague words that held virtually no meaning or purpose but to distract and cause speculation. be real, the game has only went downhill in aspects of development and support since then. we all know that, it'd be hard to refute. like i said, it's may, so much for being refreshed for the future of celtic heroes and plans for 2021. empty promise after empty promise. Richard made the choice to fire OTM, not VR, not sure why you'd assume id make such an asinine claim. VR is not one in the same with OTM, but thats your opinion and obviously you're naturally going to be pressed to defend them even at detriment of community. we both know why so let's not go there. you attempted to refute
my words rather than address valid concern among community, you defended them, whilst simultaneously blowing off our concerns. if you dont hear these concerns, you don't play enough. from what ive heard you don't really play anyways, surely not active enough to form opinion on the matter, you're an inactive oldie, play more and you'll see what im talking about. im actually confused why you're a guide, as a guide should lead the community, and yet here you are, front and center, completely sidestepping the point of the post for irrelevant trivial matter, ignoring the community you're supposed to "guide".

In fairness to Regenlife, i really like all his guide, especially the druid guide. Actually im thinking of creating my second toon, a druid, and i definitely use his guide. Im a newbie druid.

A guide is there to help newbie and not to lead the community.
Why dont you look for a leader to lead the community.
Lazy Boy
175+
Rogue
Epona
Just Play and Enjoy
September 2020

Daddy chill.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I don't disagree with what you/others have said about VR's management of the game. I also don't find it constructive to join in on the weekly "We hate VR" thread.

I respect that OTM/VR has kept CH on the backburner with promise of future work, instead of selling it off to Gamigo for a monetization overhaul and a confirmation of its end. For me CH has always been about my community, and while my community is alive (which it very much is) I continue to actively enjoy the game. Others feel otherwise and that is totally fine. It is important to understand that OTM/VR have been disconnected from the playerbase since Wulver left, many years ago, and there is little reason to expect a sudden turn around given VR's small size and focus on Warhammer. CH has always been more about the community than the content.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn