Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Firemage - Dhiothu Grim vs Swapping Gele Wands

Hey guys! I've never really been one to make posts here, but I felt like this could potentially help the community to share!
I wanted to compare the DPS capabilities for solo play by permaing a dino grim as compared to swapping it with gele wands/hrung skulls

ASSUMPTIONS
I based this analysis off of my own stats in game with the gear available to me, perhaps the most important consideration on this part is that I used a shadowsworn fire grim and assumed the use of a shadow firebolt, dark firestorm and dark iceshards gele wand. It was assumed that 30% CDR is available for Firebolt, Iceshards and Firestorm. For the original analysis I used a value of 5000 elemental resists on the "mob" being hit. I also assumed it would be level 220 while my character is 222. For casters it's estimated that the flux on damage skills is between 60% and 100% of possible damage, so an average of 80% was used in calculations, though this isn't very important as it'll be the same for both weapons.

Assuming the boss of interest takes divine damage, the skills of importance for consideration are: CG Offhand Skill (T10), Dino Grim Skill (Shadow), Phoenix Skill (T6), Firebolt, Firestorm, Iceshards, Fire Attunement, Lure of Fire, Incinerate. The dino grim skill has a 45 second cooldown and the blazing lure effect lasts 20 seconds. For this analysis the Fire Lure was roughly 1940 and the phoenix skill resist drop was left on throughout. In the course of those 45 seconds it is estimated that one can cast 9 firebolts, 4 firestorms, 4 iceshards, the dino grim skill (once where applicable), 2 phoenix skills, 7 incinerate ticks, cg offhand skill and all ticks, lure of fire and attunement is on the whole time. Of these skills, 3 firebolts, 2 firestorms, 1 incinerate tick and 1 phoenix skill cast were assumed to be cast during the grim's blazing lure fire resist drop.

Calculating DPS
Once the damages for each skill of importance was determined accounting for the focus difference from each swap and the grim as well as the fire magic and adding the attunement damage to them, they were multiplied by the flux % (0.8) and then adjusted to for the resists such that there were 3 categories: Skills cast with the dino grim permaed without blazing lure, skills cast with the dino grim permaed with blazing lure and skills cast while swapping the grim and gele wands. Multiplying each skill's damage by the amount of casts it had in each category (w/ grim permaed and w/o grim permaed) and summing it provided the total damage delt in the the 45 seconds. Dividing this value by 45 supplied the damage per second of both scenarios adjusted for flux, the damage from the grim skill, and the resist drop form the grim skill. The only consideration left was the critical skill influence.

To do this, I cast 800 skills (firebolt/storm/iceshards) on a 220 5* gelebron add. 400 with the grim (3220 skill crit ability) and 400 without (2220 skill crit ability). By recording how many of the casts were crits, the crit chance with the grim was determined to be 8% and the crit chance without it was 6%. Note, crit chance is speculated to vary with level of mob, so this should be true for most end game bosses; it is also interesting to note that the speculated cap for crit (as experienced on training dummies) chance is 8% implying that the grim hit this cap on 220 mobs. In any case, the dps values found previously were multiplied by (1.08) and (1.06) respectively to adjust for crit chance.

Final Results
When accounting for the resistance drop, the crit increase and the grim skill itself, permaing the dino grim resulted in an estimated 150 damage per second increase over swapping it with gele weapons. However, this analysis was repeated without the resistance drop consideration as only 2 grims are necissary at a raid to keep the active skill on most of the time. This repeat found that swapping the grim supplied 30 damage per second more than permaing it. Note, this was done with a shadow grim and a shadow fb wand, dark firestorm wand and dark iceshards wand. Results may vary by specific set up, but I was running a royal flames dino neck, royal bt invo misc, imp necral burial perma, imp fb bt cdr, royal dino fb brace, and royal gele fb ring as my permas along with dg boots/pants/gloves/shirt and hrung helm swaps. Added damage by items outside the gele wands was not accounted for as these gains would apply to both sides.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Tempesttorn - Gwydion - Firemage

Re: Firemage - Dhiothu Grim vs Swapping Gele Wands

The gelebron wand skill does reset when swapping wands so you wont be able to cast it. Even if it didnt though the animation takes forever and kinda screws up your cast pattern to use
It does not reset if you’re swapping the same tier wands. Agree about the animation, rarely use the skill.
I find it's not too difficult to get the skill in. It's like 2-3 seconds to cast which is admittedly a lot longer than most skills. But it's not too difficult to find one Gap every 45 seconds to cast it. Also depending on the wand and offy 8-10k dmg is pretty nice especially on Dino. It would be way more convenient if they shortened the animation thought.

Isn't the animation cancelled when using mount?
The gelebron wand skill does reset when swapping wands so you wont be able to cast it. Even if it didnt though the animation takes forever and kinda screws up your cast pattern to use
It does not reset if you’re swapping the same tier wands. Agree about the animation, rarely use the skill.
I find it's not too difficult to get the skill in. It's like 2-3 seconds to cast which is admittedly a lot longer than most skills. But it's not too difficult to find one Gap every 45 seconds to cast it. Also depending on the wand and offy 8-10k dmg is pretty nice especially on Dino. It would be way more convenient if they shortened the animation thought.

It ultimately depends on the scenario you're in, for example, if someone else at the raid is using the same grim then chances are the wands are better as you cant time your book skill to your liking and you're basically buffing everyone else's damage at the raid. It's even worse when someones using the book tier above yours as there's will overlap. Interesting topic though!