Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: State of the game

I wonder if people even take into account clan banks loot, when they talk about server mergers.

Even more , how can you suggest that its the player that gets to choose a server. So the people who control banks , just move along with their selfish decision and force others to follow or loose their dkp and clan loot?
Thats total chaos. No developer team wants to get involved with , esp. a low budget low staffed one like CH.

If this was like Order Chaos, where people paid to change server, no strings attached, and all power of loots was Not at the mercy of a few individual hands : like no clan bank involved , no dkp system involved, then server mergers is totally possible and clean procedure.

Two servers merging also saturates market with
X2 bank loots, X50 more fash, other cosmetic merchandise and collectibles etc. Theres a possibility of this causing prices to fall, interests to boss drop, people prefer buy their loot from AH or P2P because its easier and more available since so many new players joined and brought their riches with them. After having it all ? Well, People quit again because they on CH for self satisfaction. Not charity bossing.

Wouldnt it repeat the same cycle?

The problem isnt about dead servers, its about keeping players interested long enough to keep playing.

Abouf filling servers and close down others , this doesnt take into account the regular influx level 1-50 players , that are created as frequently as they quit everyday. Servers need have a margin for these new pkayers, its not only about old players getting their cake and eating it.
Last edited by Storm on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if people even take into account clan banks loot, when they talk about server mergers.

Even more , how can you suggest that its the player that gets to choose a server. So the people who control banks , just move along with their selfish decision and force others to follow or loose their dkp and clan loot?
Thats total chaos. No developer team wants to get involved with , esp. a low budget low staffed one like CH.

If this was like Order Chaos, where people paid to change server, no strings attached, and all power of loots was Not at the mercy of a few individual hands : like no clan bank involved , no dkp system involved, then server mergers is totally possible and clean procedure.

X2 bank loots, X50 more fash, other cosmetic merchandise and collectibles etc. Theres a possibility of this causing prices to fall, interests to boss drop, people prefer buy their loot from AH or P2P because its easier and more available since so many new players joined and brought their riches with them. After having it all ? Well, People quit again because they on CH for self satisfaction. Not charity bossing.

The problem isnt about dead servers, its about keeping players interested long enough to keep playing.

Abouf filling servers and close down others , this doesnt take into account the regular influx level 1-50 players , that are created as frequently as they quit everyday. Servers need have a margin for these new pkayers, its not only about old players getting their cake and eating it.
The game is well past the point of "keeping players interested long enough to keep playing." Clearly, as content updates happen so infrequently that it is simply not a possibility. If you read my original post you would see the state of my world. So because your clan has an arbitrary loot distribution system, you would see to it that players of worlds such as mine simply don't log in anymore just so the items of your world preserve value? I can argue that because there are no world transfers, the value of loot on my world has dropped significantly. Because there are no world transfers, the quantity of loot on my world has dropped significantly. Items are forever lost on inactive accounts, items are not coming into the game as bosses are not killed and plat items are not purchased. You see there are always 2 sides to the discussion, and while you think whatever is going to happen in the future is bad for you, you aren't thinking about how bad it is for some people in the current state.

As for 2+ merging servers saturating the market with X2 bank loot, X50 fashion? I can understand why you said 2x, but 50x simply makes no sense. Just because there may be 50x more fashion than gear items, doesn't mean that when a server merges with another that the fashion increases by 50x, it would be roughly doubled as well(under perfect circumstances). However, in its current state, if Lugh and all of its 13 active players merged with Rosmerta there would be very little coming into Rosmerta, not even close to double(unless they are in as dreadful a position as Lugh). This brings new items to each world and new players which ultimately is better for the economy as well. The only thing this impacts is "rare" loot. Let's take a step back and think for a minute. Is you sitting on an item for 6 years straight because people think it is rare and valuable with no intention to ever sell the item your powerful argument for being against server merges, allowing people to play the game? I have several UNIQUE items to Lugh, one of a kind fashion pieces. Don't you think I would be one of the people so vehemently against server merges with this in consideration? The answer would be no, as clearly I value being able to actually play the game much more than a price tag or exclusivity of one of the items I hold. Speaking of these items, you realize that the devs have released Aeon versions which are IDENTICAL plus an extra word in the title? You realize there is the time lux shop? You realize all old event bosses still spawn? You realize that when this game dies your items will be valued at 0? If you are against server merges due to preserving the value of your items, I do not respect you. Besides, it clearly wouldn't be up to the players to determine which worlds are merged so you wouldn't have to worry about your clan leader forcing you all to another world to keep your prized DKP. But if all you care about is the loot anyways then I don't see why you wouldn't blindly agree to follow if they did decide. If you were a properly structured clan and this were to occur, then I believe you should have faith in your clan leaders to fairly discuss and dsitribute loot appropriately. If they are unable to do so, I think your clan is poorly managed :). And to fault players for the devs' lack of proper clan system of the past decade of active development....

Would we repeat the same cycle? Sure we would. You said it yourself, "The problem isnt about dead servers, its about keeping players interested long enough to keep playing." Community makes an MMO, and a sense of community is what keeps people playing longer than content would have them play otherwise. Eventually the players drop off and you get worlds like Lugh. Your world isn't immune to it either.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

The game is well past the point of "keeping players interested long enough to keep playing." Clearly, as content updates happen so infrequently that it is simply not a possibility. If you read my original post you would see the state of my world. So because your clan has an arbitrary loot distribution system, you would see to it that players of worlds such as mine simply don't log in anymore just so the items of your world preserve value? I can argue that because there are no world transfers, the value of loot on my world has dropped significantly. Because there are no world transfers, the quantity of loot on my world has dropped significantly. Items are forever lost on inactive accounts, items are not coming into the game as bosses are not killed and plat items are not purchased. You see there are always 2 sides to the discussion, and while you think whatever is going to happen in the future is bad for you, you aren't thinking about how bad it is for some people in the current state.

As for 2+ merging servers saturating the market with X2 bank loot, X50 fashion? I can understand why you said 2x, but 50x simply makes no sense. Just because there may be 50x more fashion than gear items, doesn't mean that when a server merges with another that the fashion increases by 50x, it would be roughly doubled as well(under perfect circumstances). However, in its current state, if Lugh and all of its 13 active players merged with Rosmerta there would be very little coming into Rosmerta, not even close to double(unless they are in as dreadful a position as Lugh). This brings new items to each world and new players which ultimately is better for the economy as well. The only thing this impacts is "rare" loot. Let's take a step back and think for a minute. Is you sitting on an item for 6 years straight because people think it is rare and valuable with no intention to ever sell the item your powerful argument for being against server merges, allowing people to play the game? I have several UNIQUE items to Lugh, one of a kind fashion pieces. Don't you think I would be one of the people so vehemently against server merges with this in consideration? The answer would be no, as clearly I value being able to actually play the game much more than a price tag or exclusivity of one of the items I hold. Speaking of these items, you realize that the devs have released Aeon versions which are IDENTICAL plus an extra word in the title? You realize there is the time lux shop? You realize all old event bosses still spawn? You realize that when this game dies your items will be valued at 0? If you are against server merges due to preserving the value of your items, I do not respect you. Besides, it clearly wouldn't be up to the players to determine which worlds are merged so you wouldn't have to worry about your clan leader forcing you all to another world to keep your prized DKP. But if all you care about is the loot anyways then I don't see why you wouldn't blindly agree to follow if they did decide. If you were a properly structured clan and this were to occur, then I believe you should have faith in your clan leaders to fairly discuss and dsitribute loot appropriately. If they are unable to do so, I think your clan is poorly managed :). And to fault players for the devs' lack of proper clan system of the past decade of active development....

Would we repeat the same cycle? Sure we would. You said it yourself, "The problem isnt about dead servers, its about keeping players interested long enough to keep playing." Community makes an MMO, and a sense of community is what keeps people playing longer than content would have them play otherwise. Eventually the players drop off and you get worlds like Lugh. Your world isn't immune to it either.
I would care less if this game flies high again or just drowns in misery.
My post was to expose the chances of that happening or VR taking the idea of server mergers seriously and why after 5 years it will still never happen. Schwing had already answered that a dying server is not their fault but playerbase's fault that they cant uphold their server and economy qand cited Epona as an exemplary model.
Its laughable to consider that devs that cant provide new content in two years will spend time for server merger when it will be counter profitable for THEM. Scarcity creates demand and to compensate players buy more to pour in market.
If theres suddenly an abundance of items and lixes, there would be a short term income drought period for VR.

Do i wish for server merger? Aye but Been five years now and i quit twice already.
Is it happening ? Most likely never.

Well, the main problem that ch goes through is the great difficulty of VR to update the game for a realistic need, and not these palliative and billing measures that they have been doing. As soon as they’re really struggling again and treat this game and the community with respect, we can be happy with the updates
"Everything that is priced is cheap, only what money doesn't buy is really expensive, and whoever doesn't get it, will always be a miserable"

Well, the main problem that ch goes through is the great difficulty of VR to update the game for a realistic need, and not these palliative and billing measures that they have been doing. As soon as they’re really struggling again and treat this game and the community with respect, we can be happy with the updates
They still have there website showing the last update as the 2018 winter update, talk about under managed...

If servers are not mergerd, players will simply trasfer or quit, so, considering that, what's the point of keeping 19 servers? The majority are close to die or already dead, just a few, like Epona, are really active.
Merging would just make players' life easier. Instead of starting from 0 again on a new server, with new people, you just find yourself in a crowded place with your old friends, your old gears and new people.

The death of some servers doesn't depend on players only, on some there is also a lack of support. On mine more and more players are selling and buying gears and accounts for real money, but they all are still in game, despite thousands of reports, so the "good ones" prefer to quit or transfer, instead of staying there watching what is going on.