Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Who remembers

Who remembers the good old days
when we would get 4 different updates a year
with different fash mounts chest legeacy bosses and even quests
now its impossible to get one of these changes in over 8 months.
Even new bugs pop up every new update which never happened back then

Post will probably get removed like the others i posted but got removed
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Re: Who remembers

Who remembers the good old days
when we would get 4 different updates a year
with different fash mounts chest legeacy bosses and even quests
now its impossible to get one of these changes in over 8 months.
Even new bugs pop up every new update which never happened back then

Post will probably get removed like the others i posted but got removed
I remember.

Incredible times x)

Back when CH had a dedicated dev team that only worked on CH? Yep, those were the good ole days.

Times change though, like it or not. It's unfortunate to see things changing the way they currently are, but there's still hope that things will change yet again.

VR has been extremely focused on initially creating WH:O for over a year now, possibly longer, which took a lot of their focus away from CH. However, WH:O is moving alone well, the closed beta is just starting, which means that the game may launch by the end of the year.

When WH:O launches, one of a few things may happen:
1. Without the pressure to get WH:O developed and into production, VR may be able to fulfill their original intent of developing content for both games.
2. WH:O may break the mold of 90% of the other Warhammer games and take off, becoming really popular and having super solid gameplay. If that happens, VR may decide to spend the majority of their time developing content for WH:O, only doing enough to keep CH running.
3. WH:O may not do so well, possibly due to complicated and/or uninteresting mechanics, or too much lore-focus (turning away a lot of extra players). There is nothing that even hints at that outcome at the moment. However, if that happens, VR may decide to return to CH and make it their primary development project.

I personally think that #1 is the most likely scenario - the developers have always stated that they will continue to develop content for both games. This past year or so has looked really bad, yes, but there are several possible reasons for that - COVID and WH:O development being first and foremost. And again, players don't really know any solid details about anything - just guesses based through the filter of being a player.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Back when we had 4 events/year the community constantly bashed OTM for focusing on events and vertical content (higher level mobs) instead of horizontal content (fishing/cooking/etc). Events were pretty canned -- you have your event hat, event wand, mystery chest/fashion set, a lux shop, and a boss. Activity surged at the start of the event and then dropped off when people got the gear they wanted (or recognized it wasn't very good). That cycle wasn't moving CH forward.

The community expressed that they'd prefer OTM forego the constant events model and focus on developing horizontal content. OTM listened, with Gelebron's Tower being the last vertical content release followed by additions of Corrupted Gardens, Fishing, Cooking, Auction House, pets/mounts, crits, revamped areas and animations and models, Dhiothu, etc taking the place of event-focused content. If you look wayyy back, an auction house was one of the most constantly requested features for several years.

IMO these additions have been excellent for CH and I am glad effort was invested into them. I would be completely fine with continuing to forego events to develop further horizontal content such as crafting, better PVP, and minigames,.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Ah yes I guess we mostly have ourselves to blame? We asked OTM for less content event wise and more perm content. o.o So now its too hard for them to do perm content so now we get neither :0
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage