Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Keep servers down for a fixed time

#1
Please keep servers down for a fixed time rather than an estimate, 4-6 hours is a big gap and it’d be better if people don’t have to camp login screen for so long. Keeping them down for 7 hours would be nicer so people know what time exactly they will be back
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid
Image

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#4
I’d prefer that they just come up as soon as they’re ready, there’s all sorts of time zones that people play in.

Also, you didn’t really specify any particular reason why you “have to camp [the] login screen”?

Presumably it’s for competitive reasons? In that case, why not just have all bosses spawn after a precise fixed time too so the stronger clans know exactly when to show up.
Image


“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#5
Robert wrote:I’d prefer that they just come up as soon as they’re ready, there’s all sorts of time zones that people play in.

Also, you didn’t really specify any particular reason why you “have to camp [the] login screen”?

Presumably it’s for competitive reasons? In that case, why not just have all bosses spawn after a precise fixed time too so the stronger clans know exactly when to show up.

That's a lot of assumptions. Just something most game developers do after updates so players know exactly when they can play again. Having them come up at a set time helps everyone not just specific timezones as well, because they know exactly when it'll be. Meaning they can set alarm for it knowing they will get in right away rather than have to wait 1-2 hours. Plus setting it to 8 hour downtime instead of 4-6 leaves room for error and means a delay is less likely.
Not really relevant to competitive reasons.. clans will have people ready to call right when they come back up if its a 2hour window anyway.. just nice for the players to have a set time when the downtime is longer than usual.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid
Image

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#6
How bout go ahead and make it 8 hours so it's done right the first time. No waiting just to log in and start falling through the floor. While we're at it fix trade on the bridge and give us an option to only see our damage. Yes robert, i know it's possible to set graphics to low rent mode but some of us aren't into pixels :)

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#8
Robert wrote:I’d prefer that they just come up as soon as they’re ready, there’s all sorts of time zones that people play in.

Also, you didn’t really specify any particular reason why you “have to camp [the] login screen”?

Presumably it’s for competitive reasons? In that case, why not just have all bosses spawn after a precise fixed time too so the stronger clans know exactly when to show up.


+1
kings pride
clan - isolation
i did it on my own
215 ranger
205 warrior
202 rogue
183 mage
153 druid

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#9
Apples-Bele wrote:clans will have people ready to call right when they come back up if its a 2hour window anyway.. just nice for the players to have a set time when the downtime is longer than usual.


bold claim, end game clans exploit restarts because the smaller clans dont have the numbers hence why so many end game clan members speak such as. its easy loot. in my opinion, bosses should restart the timer on a server reset and not be spawned instantly, ph or main boss. an instant spawn on server reset only helps the top clans.
kings pride
clan - isolation
i did it on my own
215 ranger
205 warrior
202 rogue
183 mage
153 druid

Re: Keep servers down for a fixed time

#10
tayilern wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:clans will have people ready to call right when they come back up if its a 2hour window anyway.. just nice for the players to have a set time when the downtime is longer than usual.


bold claim, end game clans exploit restarts because the smaller clans dont have the numbers hence why so many end game clan members speak such as. its easy loot. in my opinion, bosses should restart the timer on a server reset and not be spawned instantly, ph or main boss. an instant spawn on server reset only helps the top clans.

Hi, end game player here
This idea has been suggested before I believe and I’d be down for it. Definitely solves issues of 1000 people logging in at once :lol:
Gwydion - Voted Top Noob of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 226 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Hmmmmmmmm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests