Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Online gaming = mental health condition

So now it's registered if u have a gaming problem, i.e. a gaming addiction, your classed as having a mental health disorder. This is ludacris lol. An addiction is an addiction but I don't think they should associate gaming addictions with health problems. It came about with a kid missing a year of school because he was online gaming, my thoughts was where was his parents ha. I guess even I had a mental health disorder as I came addicted to this game a while back, now I'm cured :D

Re: Online gaming = mental health condition

I disagree with the addictions themselves, perhaps especially to gaming, being the mental problem. I think that addiction to gaming is a cause of an already existing mental problem. Being mentally ill is a serious thing and people should focus on fixing real mental illnesses and acknowleding them rather than creating new, unnecessary things to categorize as mental illness.

Addiction is what I believe an effect and not a cause, when it comes to mental illness. If people took care of the issues that lie deep down in the minds of others, then acknowledging addictions as the problem wouldnt be needed.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I disagree with the addictions themselves, perhaps especially to gaming, being the mental problem. I think that addiction to gaming is a cause of an already existing mental problem. Being mentally ill is a serious thing and people should focus on fixing real mental illnesses and acknowleding them rather than creating new, unnecessary things to categorize as mental illness.

Addiction is what I believe an effect and not a cause, when it comes to mental illness. If people took care of the issues that lie deep down in the minds of others, then acknowledging addictions as the problem wouldnt be needed.
I would agree with this statement. Actually, I just text someone this morning on how they gave me some of the best advice about substance abuse years and years ago. That if you're just treating the abuse, you're treating a symptom. That's not how you get better. You have to treat what's causing the symptoms.

The trouble is there is always funding to find new things conditions and addictions.

I am not saying that playing on computers too much is a good thing, but I am also saying this is ridiculous. As for the child who wet her self because she wouldn’t stop playing fortnite or the boy who didn’t go to school for a year because he played shooter ups what the hell.

The parents should have either turnt off the internet or disabled the devices easy as that to be honest.
Yes games are addictive even CH (lol) sometimes I am very tired when I go to work, but I so other things too family, friends (other games) hehe.
Internet is great but addiction omg I think we are more addicted to the devices than the actual games themselves.
What next Facebook, Instagram etc.

I’m not the most sympathetic when it comes to addictions, I used to smoke from a young age and then I quit (job done) I used to use Xbox very day then sold it (job done) the addiction to sex was easy just got a ugly girlfriend (only joking) I have never had a pretty girlfriend :(.

When I grew up there was wasn’t ADHD everywhere just naughty kids, nowadays if you child has ADHD you have an excuse as a parent for naughty children and you also get a disabled parking badge (which means free parking and free car tax all year round) along with other benefits.

I know ASD,ADHD and more do exist, but nit as much as people make out.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +