Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

We getting deeper into the year now no info on their new project " doom hammer Odyssey" and still no spare time to give us some update on ch, TBH I'm tired of this game, I keep searching play store Everytime for a MMORPG that's better but this game is one of a kind, there's none like it out there, but it's so sad VR doesn't recognize they have something priceless in their possession, I just hope they don't lose it before they realize.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED

only an Idea

Hey,
first of all i have to say thanks for all the support we got.
CH is a game i play since 2011 and it is still fun.
There are friends in this game from all over the world, i know for years and thats great.

Since Epona is a free server (not dominated by one main clan) we have the problem, that lots player from other server xfer to us, to have fun in game. This way epona has become really overpopulated and to roll with 100 player at bt or gele isnt really exciting anymore.

On the other side there are server, that dont even get enough people on, to kill gele or bt, not to talk about diho.
I think its time to solve this problems, to keep CH alive.

Maybe it would be a good idea, to create 2-3 new server, make them really interesting by some special drops or equipment people only can get there and motivate people to xfer there. Also you could make it possible for the player from the neraly dead servers, to x-fer there (one-way-ticket) with all what they have. This way this servers would have a good chance to find a new way, the nearly dead servers could be closed and there would be a alternativ to epona as well.

If the special items or gear people could get there, would be really awesome, even some of epona would use the x-fer-ticket to the new server and start there and the blanancing of server would be better.
This way maybe even some lag could be fixed.

Its only an idea, but maybe possible to make CH more fun for all.

Thx for reading.
World: Epona, Clan: Avallach
xlittlejox, rogue lvl 236,
xlittlejohnx, druid lvl 227,
xlittlejackx, warrior lvl 227,
xlittlejanex, mage lvl 227,
CERNUNN0S, ranger lvl 227 ... and a few more

Re: only an Idea

Creating new servers seems like a terrible idea to me - one of the biggest complaints that the playerbase has is that there are too many servers already, adding more would only make it worse. Adding items that are exclusive to only certain servers would also be a pretty bad idea - it's not fair to any existing players, and since server transferring is not encouraged/supported by VR, they likely wouldn't add anything to encourage it.

The easiest solution in my opinion is to get another server to adopt a gearing strategy similar to Epona's. In fact, I believe there are already a few servers that use rolling as the primary means of distributing the drops. Once there is another server that is centered primarily on dicing for drops, then it's simply a matter of getting the word out there....the only problem is that the server would be competing against Epona, which gets way overhyped.

VR can't really (and definitely shouldn't imo) step in - the game is set up for players to do with it what they will, and therefore you need to convince the players to change their ways...trying to get VR to force players to change is only going to make more people unhappy. Players use DKP systems because it's either what they prefer, are used to, or are simply stuck with. In the first case, you will have to work hard to convince people to change their ways. In the second case, you just have to show them that a "free" server is better (which mostly depends on how casual they are - in my experience, hardcore/dedicated gamers tend to prefer DKP because they can guarantee gear for themselves).

In the end, the players are the only ones who can really change a server - the problem is that no one wants to...everyone would rather abandon ship for Epona rather than trying to put in the effort to make it work on their own server.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: only an Idea

A lot of player from epona would gladly xfer if they could do it with their stuff, anyway i think VR has to take this issue seriously considering the server with the biggest income for them is becoming slowly unplayable.
I was thinking maybe remove the ability to make new toons in epona but i dont think VR would do that. Anyway its their job to find a solution if they want the game to live

Mage ftw

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

Creating new servers seems like a terrible idea to me - one of the biggest complaints that the playerbase has is that there are too many servers already, adding more would only make it worse. Adding items that are exclusive to only certain servers would also be a pretty bad idea - it's not fair to any existing players, and since server transferring is not encouraged/supported by VR, they likely wouldn't add anything to encourage it.

The easiest solution in my opinion is to get another server to adopt a gearing strategy similar to Epona's. In fact, I believe there are already a few servers that use rolling as the primary means of distributing the drops. Once there is another server that is centered primarily on dicing for drops, then it's simply a matter of getting the word out there....the only problem is that the server would be competing against Epona, which gets way overhyped.

VR can't really (and definitely shouldn't imo) step in - the game is set up for players to do with it what they will, and therefore you need to convince the players to change their ways...trying to get VR to force players to change is only going to make more people unhappy. Players use DKP systems because it's either what they prefer, are used to, or are simply stuck with. In the first case, you will have to work hard to convince people to change their ways. In the second case, you just have to show them that a "free" server is better (which mostly depends on how casual they are - in my experience, hardcore/dedicated gamers tend to prefer DKP because they can guarantee gear for themselves).

In the end, the players are the only ones who can really change a server - the problem is that no one wants to...everyone would rather abandon ship for Epona rather than trying to put in the effort to make it work on their own server.

We dont wanna change the server, our problem is, that this server is so great, that all want to join, so what should we do? make it bad to make player quit, that would be idiotic for epona a n d VR ... the only way i see is, that VR makes other server more interesting or that they close the door to epona for any new account .... but this wont help the balancing for other server as well.
Also i thought ist could help to make 2-3 new server to get player from dead server and maybe even from the overpopulated epona there, with all gear and make game more exciting for them, this way they could even close some dead worlds....
World: Epona, Clan: Avallach
xlittlejox, rogue lvl 236,
xlittlejohnx, druid lvl 227,
xlittlejackx, warrior lvl 227,
xlittlejanex, mage lvl 227,
CERNUNN0S, ranger lvl 227 ... and a few more