Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

Make arcane anhilation and bloodthorn bash event a regular weekend event to keep everyone busy on their servers, except if a Dom clan is very greedy they should know when to leave bosses for other clans to kill, or what ever VR can do to occupy everyone on their respective servers.
That’s the problem really. A lot of dom servers need events like that to keep their servers busy/active lol. Plus that won’t be a great idea. The faster people on dom servers get geared, the more likely they’ll start to go inactive. The only reason why people still log on dom servers is because of the bosses that they need gear from (or dkp), and if drops start coming in at a much faster rate, devaluing the gear in the process, players will actually find less and less reasons to want to log anymore. After asking around a bit, some of the most likely people at endgame to start to go inactive are people in full Dg.

The activity of a server closely relates to the economy of a server. A server with a bad economy will be inactive while a server with a good economy will be more active. Why is this? Because if you take a server with a good economy like Epona, where there are plenty of things to buy that makes gold valuable, you’ll find that there are more players online in all areas finding ways to make more gold. Cooking, fishing, in the castle trading (when there are plenty of traders in the castle, that also attracts more people to come and chill in the castle versus simply logging off), or in other zones grinding away. While in a dom server (most of which have terrible economy’s because the market isn’t free) gold has terrible buying power which in turn gives players a lot less reasons to want to log on outside of bossing which hurts their server a lot because a lot of people don’t like quiet inactive servers, which is another reason why so many flood into Epona.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

With the amount of people on epona...i brought up the topic of switching the rule that has been in place that end-game bosses have to be scheduled...(12gt,20gt,2gt) which people have gone against because they are at different time zones/work/school etc times.....it would solve the amount of people that would make it to an end-game and reward the people that would actually camp the boss...but its always the greedy majority and oldheads that are against it...this is a video game and people on epona take it as if theyre losing irl money xD.....kill on site for everything would notch down how many people are making it to the boss and how many of each class roll for a drop. Tbh if i were offered a chance to transfer my character and everything i have on it to another server id take it...even if it is to a dead server and push for a good advancement
Rhiannon-

Restoration - Druid - level- 221
Lady Merlin - Mage - level - 172
Clan Unity
Goated Dps druid

Epona-

StormrageAwaken - Druid - level - 225 (semi-retired)
Dragonswrath - Ranger - level - 222 (retired)
Clan Affinity
Server Epona

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

With the amount of people on epona...i brought up the topic of switching the rule that has been in place that end-game bosses have to be scheduled...(12gt,20gt,2gt) which people have gone against because they are at different time zones/work/school etc times.....it would solve the amount of people that would make it to an end-game and reward the people that would actually camp the boss...but its always the greedy majority and oldheads that are against it...this is a video game and people on epona take it as if theyre losing irl money xD.....kill on site for everything would notch down how many people are making it to the boss and how many of each class roll for a drop. Tbh if i were offered a chance to transfer my character and everything i have on it to another server id take it...even if it is to a dead server and push for a good advancement
Idk. I feel like if all bosses were kill on spawn, that’ll just further encourage people/clans to secretively kill the boss without calling it. It’s good etiquette to call bosses for the entire server and it helps strengthen the bonds between players when players can be trusted to call a boss when it’s up. When clans secretively kill bosses and get caught (whether if it’s anarchy, goonies, or cohesion. Seen all 3 do it before) it’s always frowned upon and could probably be considered a dom attempt. Players just get too greedy. If all bosses were kill on spawn that’ll also just encourage people to join clans where there’s campers, and then sooner then later there will be a few massive clans that are all trying to secretively kill bosses, and those who are clanless or are in smaller clans who don’t have the luxury to camp 24/7 will end up being left out, similar to that of a dom server. It’s already a problem on lower level bosses, because trying to catch a Mordy/Hrung and sometimes even necro while it’s up is rare because no one ever called them.

This ties into the loot distribution which is largely to blame for how greedy players have gotten now days. If everyone who participates has a chance at loot (meaning every player who participates each has a, let’s say, 50/50 chance at loot) will encourage for more bosses to be called and make secret kills pointless, because killing the boss with less number won’t increase your chances at loot, it’ll just make the kill a lot slower.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

This ties into the loot distribution which is largely to blame for how greedy players have gotten now days. If everyone who participates has a chance at loot (meaning every player who participates each has a, let’s say, 50/50 chance at loot) will encourage for more bosses to be called and make secret kills pointless, because killing the boss with less number won’t increase your chances at loot, it’ll just make the kill a lot slower.
Can you expand on what you mean here? Are you suggesting that every player at the fight be given an x% chance at loot, with no max (or min?) count of drops per fight?

The point in killing a boss quietly is so that you limit who has access to the loot - the more people at the boss, the less chance that you get stuff. If looting was changed to the method laid out above, it may theoretically fix it, but if there's a minimum number of drops that can drop, then we are right back where we started - if at least 2 drops are guaranteed, and you can kill it with a group of 8 people, that's a 25% chance of getting a drop - why bother inviting another 2 groups of people if there's still the same min 2 drops, even if there are more people who have a chance at getting an extra drop.

Now, if there were no min count of drops, then yes you would want as many people as possible. The problem there is that if you spend 15 minutes fighting a boss just for 0-1 drop because of bad luck with rng, that would kinda suck. And of course chances would have to be very low - 50/50 of getting a drop is downright horrible to the game.

So essentially, can you expand on this a bit more?
:lol:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Can you expand on what you mean here? Are you suggesting that every player at the fight be given an x% chance at loot, with no max (or min?) count of drops per fight?

The point in killing a boss quietly is so that you limit who has access to the loot - the more people at the boss, the less chance that you get stuff. If looting was changed to the method laid out above, it may theoretically fix it, but if there's a minimum number of drops that can drop, then we are right back where we started - if at least 2 drops are guaranteed, and you can kill it with a group of 8 people, that's a 25% chance of getting a drop - why bother inviting another 2 groups of people if there's still the same min 2 drops, even if there are more people who have a chance at getting an extra drop.

Now, if there were no min count of drops, then yes you would want as many people as possible. The problem there is that if you spend 15 minutes fighting a boss just for 0-1 drop because of bad luck with rng, that would kinda suck. And of course chances would have to be very low - 50/50 of getting a drop is downright horrible to the game.

So essentially, can you expand on this a bit more?
:lol:
Sure. Yes each individual player would have their own individual chance of obtaining something from said boss. There would be no max to how many drops can drop because of the reasons you mentioned, a max limit would be counter productive lol. 50% would obviously be too high, was just using that as an example, but maybe 10% -20% chance of it obtaining something would work given you hit the aggro threshold. About the aggro threshold, I have no idea what the value would be because that would have to be something VR reviews, but it essentially makes it so that both support and dps players can reach that threshold since, to my understanding, support skills can build up your aggro on the boss (which is why you see the boss/mobs turning to attack a Druid for simply casting natures touch).

The threshold should be low enough so that you can reach it with proper gear while being high enough to prevent players from trying to abuse the distribution system by bringing a bunch of under leveled/powered alts which help in no way on the boss. So if you come to necro or Mordy with full dl and average gear, you’ll likely hit that threshold, or if you go to prot or Gele will full edl and average gear, you’ll likely hit the threshold. With weapons obviously.

That brings me to my final point which is the quest bosses. These should run along the same lines of raids, only with higher drop rates and lower threshold. This is so that you can obtain full dl/edl with weapons in a fair amount of time without having to go and buy the items off of other players, which also in turn would become significantly cheaper. Players ultimately shouldn’t be wasting weeks trying to get their armor/weapons so they can participate on the raids.

This would fix both the issues revolving around dominance and the issues Epona constantly sees when it comes to loot distribution... knocking out 2 birds with one stone. It’s new player friendly, it’ll incentivize players who’ve quit to come back, it makes things fair for both hardcore and casual players (naturally the more you go to a boss the more likely you’ll get what you want, while the casual player can still have a slice of the pie), and it’ll reduce the toxicity/greed that has plagued this game.

Make arcane anhilation and bloodthorn bash event a regular weekend event to keep everyone busy on their servers, except if a Dom clan is very greedy they should know when to leave bosses for other clans to kill, or what ever VR can do to occupy everyone on their respective servers.
That’s the problem really. A lot of dom servers need events like that to keep their servers busy/active lol. Plus that won’t be a great idea. The faster people on dom servers get geared, the more likely they’ll start to go inactive. The only reason why people still log on dom servers is because of the bosses that they need gear from (or dkp), and if drops start coming in at a much faster rate, devaluing the gear in the process, players will actually find less and less reasons to want to log anymore. After asking around a bit, some of the most likely people at endgame to start to go inactive are people in full Dg.
Well it's a catch 22. Players get bored when they're geared to the max as there's nothing to make your toon more 'powerful'. But a lot get burned out on the game from the monotony of the same bosses dropping trash which makes it frustrating and a waste of time to log in. The game is, for the most part, pretty awesome when you first start as there are quest lines and what not to follow. Then you get to carrow and it's grind fest to 220+ after that. But then you get excited because you get to participate in hrung, mord, necro, etc. But after the millionth time killing those bosses, it becomes like eating the same meal every single day...you just don't want it anymore. The social aspect keeps you wrapped in for a bit but then you realize that if you want to socialize with other members, you can do that through chat apps. So the game doesn't fulfill this anymore.

The game needs stuff to do....true crafting, gear recycling, dungeons, small group quick respawn minibosses, more story lines, etc. I'm really not sure why anyone would be against dungeons as it's just another activity like fishing where you can participate or not. Heck, throw in class subspecialties (always loved this about Dungeons and Dragons along with being able to play dual and multiclasses).
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Well it's a catch 22. Players get bored when they're geared to the max as there's nothing to make your toon more 'powerful'. But a lot get burned out on the game from the monotony of the same bosses dropping trash which makes it frustrating and a waste of time to log in. The game is, for the most part, pretty awesome when you first start as there are quest lines and what not to follow. Then you get to carrow and it's grind fest to 220+ after that. But then you get excited because you get to participate in hrung, mord, necro, etc. But after the millionth time killing those bosses, it becomes like eating the same meal every single day...you just don't want it anymore. The social aspect keeps you wrapped in for a bit but then you realize that if you want to socialize with other members, you can do that through chat apps. So the game doesn't fulfill this anymore.

The game needs stuff to do....true crafting, gear recycling, dungeons, small group quick respawn minibosses, more story lines, etc. I'm really not sure why anyone would be against dungeons as it's just another activity like fishing where you can participate or not. Heck, throw in class subspecialties (always loved this about Dungeons and Dragons along with being able to play dual and multiclasses).
Dungeons would be amazing
Rhiannon-

Restoration - Druid - level- 221
Lady Merlin - Mage - level - 172
Clan Unity
Goated Dps druid

Epona-

StormrageAwaken - Druid - level - 225 (semi-retired)
Dragonswrath - Ranger - level - 222 (retired)
Clan Affinity
Server Epona

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Most mmo games I've seen have an active game development team that releases new content regularly,( bosses that are tough but with the right tactics and gears already provided, defeating it would be challenging but fun, not like bheara that was dropped in arena and was literally impossible to kill even though players worked together using various tactical oppression skills) the problem is VR either they're just too lazy to keep some new and exciting stuff coming in or they're preoccupied with something else. At this stage of this thread I was expecting to see a little input from the game developers but perhaps they're working hard on something new for us and they don't want to get our hopes high or they simply don't care prolly bcos a few players still buy plat on a regular basis.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED

Four pages and no reply... chances are we are going to have to fix it ourselves. The only way to efficiently fix this server is to have lock wars like the game was intended in the first place. This is the reason why we only have eight player groups, if drops were meant to go to the whole server we would have 30 player groups right?

Lock battles a dom world thing, you can choose from a lot of servers If you want lock battles. I doubt that there Will be an EG Player in Epona that Will help you start a dom clan. We need to think of a better solution.

I mostly troll I don’t care what you guys do, this is a platinum dom server where gold runs everything, think I’ll keep my money in the bank.

Here’s an idea how about adding every boss into corrupt gardens for double good measure.