Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Permanent xp increase to help attract new players?

Heya :)

so just to clarify, not rly here to actually ask for this to be put in game. I know how unlikely it is vr would ever do so, im just curious how people would feel about it. I can think of 2 ways it could work,

1.) obviously, increase the base xp of mobs in the game by x amount.

Or 2.) create new elixers that while give more xp (lets go crazy and say, 20x) but cost 5x as much as a hero xp

Let me know how yall feel about this. Personally, in dont enjoy the grind myself and i find it rare to see new players reach endgame anymore, Which is a shame.

Re: Permanent xp increase to help attract new players?

I think that rebalancing the xp curve again (yes, it used to be even worse) would be a really good idea - especially for the 130-220 part, which is suuuper tedious. Creating new consumables that further increase experience gains could also work...but I think it would be a little too much.

I agree that the grind does limit the number of endgame players throughout the servers, which is unfortunate.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think that rebalancing the xp curve again (yes, it used to be even worse) would be a really good idea - especially for the 130-220 part, which is suuuper tedious. Creating new consumables that further increase experience gains could also work...but I think it would be a little too much.

I agree that the grind does limit the number of endgame players throughout the servers, which is unfortunate.
Or we could be like wow and have an option to buy level 220 instead O:

(ITS A JOKE)
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Yeah the grind sucks once you get to carrowmore and you really start to feel things slowing down. Enemies are more difficult and it starts taking more than one lix to level up once. Then you hit the bolgs which are even more difficult than boggans. 4*s hit as hard as a truck on the freeway and then there’s the trolls. By the time you’re 180 it takes about 3 lixs for 1 level... then you move on to the tower which is just a train wreck at that point. Cookie cutter floors/mobs, annoying enemies (mages with that damn cloak and imps with the annoying hobble), very difficult 4* mobs, and extremely tight spaces which makes being double teamed likely. Also it starts to take far too many lixs just for one level. The grind sucks and each time I hit the tower I just want to stop because I’d rather have fun elsewhere than level up there. Many like to solo as well because the exp is more efficient solo while resto spamming because of how poorly designed the group systems are.

Leveling could be made more fun/better by doing quite a few things
1. Revamp the exp curve like Eragon said
2. Change the group system. Get rid of that stupid group exp bonus thing and make it so that everyone in the group gets as much exp as you would solo. This game should encourage having full groups of 8 while leveling versus forcing players to restrict their groups and excluding others because they’ll lose too much exp to the bonus system.
3. More quests that can help players reach endgame without spending hours and hours and hours of mindless lixing.
4. More alternative leveling zones that actually offer efficient exp. A more open area with new and unique mobs that allows for players to better utilize good positioning instead of the tight hall ways and rooms of the tower, while keeping mobs closer together so players can move from mob to mob more quickly and efficiently (the black stone area in OW is a good example). Variety is good. And ffs stop making 4* and even some 3* mobs stupid OP. 4*s spawn so frequently in CG that it’s pretty much not even worth leveling there (that and there’s no good leveling spots apart from like 2 little areas)... why do they have to be so strong to the point where average geared players can’t even kill them while lixed without resto spamming?
5. Nerf 4* mobs and select 3* mobs for reasons mentioned before. Some players are forced to avoid them and miss out on good exp simply because they’re too strong. This goes as early as the shield masters in shalemont and loredancers in stonevale... no leveling mob should be that strong, only special one spawn quest mobs. They make leveling soo frustrating
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Leveling is easy if you use your head. Also, if you take the current plat price of combos and work that out to a dollar value you'll likely have a heart attack if you have a mortgage to worry about. Making new lix with higher cost is a bad idea. Just git gud and follow the leveling guides. Most are pretty much spot on. If you're in the "wrong" area you'll get less xp for killing the same lvl mob as you would in the area your level was designed to be at. Big differences can be seen just by going 1 room over. It's also even easier now with all the op food options. 7k dmg just from a noob lvl bara is amazing. Ofc a lvling toon won't likely see those numbers but they'll definitely see something.

Leveling is easy if you use your head. Also, if you take the current plat price of combos and work that out to a dollar value you'll likely have a heart attack if you have a mortgage to worry about. Making new lix with higher cost is a bad idea. Just git gud and follow the leveling guides. Most are pretty much spot on. If you're in the "wrong" area you'll get less xp for killing the same lvl mob as you would in the area your level was designed to be at. Big differences can be seen just by going 1 room over. It's also even easier now with all the op food options. 7k dmg just from a noob lvl bara is amazing. Ofc a lvling toon won't likely see those numbers but they'll definitely see something.
Food hardly helps with the hours of mindless lixing you still need to do lol. Not to mention how expensive cooking gets in the later levels with almost no gold return unless if you sell baras which goes against the whole point of you cooking them to use them lol. Also they disappear when you die which will happen a lot. The problem isn’t so much of the difficulty of it but instead how much time it takes. Leveling itself is easy unless if you’re going up against 4* op mobs or getting ganged up on by multiple mobs.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Wut ._.
It took me like 3 weeks from 1-220... and this was lvling with krums and he would never be on when i wanted to Lix :cry:

I just don’t see a need for this
You’re also a veteran player who most likely knows all of the tricks to leveling with a large abundance of resources and gear... stuff newer players don’t have lol. This thread is mostly talking about newer players or people who don’t have the time or don’t want to spend the time to get to 220 in 3 weeks because of how bad the grind is lol.

Wut ._.
It took me like 3 weeks from 1-220... and this was lvling with krums and he would never be on when i wanted to Lix :cry:

I just don’t see a need for this
You’re also a veteran player who most likely knows all of the tricks to leveling with a large abundance of resources and gear... stuff newer players don’t have lol. This thread is mostly talking about newer players or people who don’t have the time or don’t want to spend the time to get to 220 in 3 weeks because of how bad the grind is lol.
Yeah @.@ i actually just got my ranger to endgame in 6 weeks myself, but i also spent 100s of $ to do so.

Most casual players wouldnt be willing to fork up that much cash on a game they could quit in a few weeks p: most new players ive met dont even know what lixs are and think they need to make gold before they level.

Personally if it stopped at carrow i wouldnt think it was that bad, but tower is a whole other grind. Ive always hated it

Food hardly helps with the hours of mindless lixing you still need to do lol. Not to mention how expensive cooking gets in the later levels with almost no gold return unless if you sell baras which goes against the whole point of you cooking them to use them lol. Also they disappear when you die which will happen a lot. The problem isn’t so much of the difficulty of it but instead how much time it takes. Leveling itself is easy unless if you’re going up against 4* op mobs or getting ganged up on by multiple mobs.
If time is a problem then you should probably play something besides an mmo. If dying a lot is an issue i might suggest git gud. If you want stuff free or cheap then idk what to tell you. Assgasorgrass nobody rides for free