Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#1
Hello,

Since we in a habit of bringing all the fashion back and destroying rarity, could we have a chest event where the old charm vendors from catacombs come back too? At the time of their release, I was too poor to afford buying a 100k charm since I had so many other things I needed....like a heroic ammy...

The crookback charm was cool
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#2
I'd rather not. That "habit" is rather destructive, and should be broken :? Although a part of me (the part that likes to see the world burn) also thinks that if we are gonna wreck item values, we might as well go all in and wreck them all 8-)

I'd like to see them come back, if only because I consider those to be some of the best charms in the game, and I don't have most of them. However...I used to think that of the spirit/spectral charms, but that's been wrecked by seeing dozens of them all over the place, so it would also suck to see such cool items get ruined in that way.


The one hope I have that they won't come back is that they were in the unique position of being bought from a shop, rather than being found in chests. I don't think VR (or OTM before them) has ever put shop items in a chest, regardless of whether or not they have been removed from the game in the past.

That being said, on the off-chance that VR does consider to bring them back via chests, I'd love for them to also consider adding growth/shrink charms, as well as perhaps various other items like the life blade, heroic amulet of rejuvenation, heroic gloves of haste/boots of speed, and maybe even other lux items that haven't been removed over the years! Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have to be limited to only uber-rare and removed shop items, why not include all the items from the existing lux shops as well. Then perhaps the next event chest could include dhio loot :shock:


...I'm not really sure where I was going with this. Perhaps that adding shop items to chests would be a bit of a slippery slope. As much as I'd love to see them come back...I also don't really want to see them come back.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#3
Eragon123 wrote:I'd rather not. That "habit" is rather destructive, and should be broken :? Although a part of me (the part that likes to see the world burn) also thinks that if we are gonna wreck item values, we might as well go all in and wreck them all 8-)

I'd like to see them come back, if only because I consider those to be some of the best charms in the game, and I don't have most of them. However...I used to think that of the spirit/spectral charms, but that's been wrecked by seeing dozens of them all over the place, so it would also suck to see such cool items get ruined in that way.


The one hope I have that they won't come back is that they were in the unique position of being bought from a shop, rather than being found in chests. I don't think VR (or OTM before them) has ever put shop items in a chest, regardless of whether or not they have been removed from the game in the past.

That being said, on the off-chance that VR does consider to bring them back via chests, I'd love for them to also consider adding growth/shrink charms, as well as perhaps various other items like the life blade, heroic amulet of rejuvenation, heroic gloves of haste/boots of speed, and maybe even other lux items that haven't been removed over the years! Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have to be limited to only uber-rare and removed shop items, why not include all the items from the existing lux shops as well. Then perhaps the next event chest could include dhio loot :shock:


...I'm not really sure where I was going with this. Perhaps that adding shop items to chests would be a bit of a slippery slope. As much as I'd love to see them come back...I also don't really want to see them come back.


Lux items are a stretch since instead of removing them and being like "Never again will you experience the benefit of a heroic ammy" they replaced them with same stat items except different level requirement.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#4
Ash A wrote:
Eragon123 wrote:


Lux items are a stretch since instead of removing them and being like "Never again will you experience the benefit of a heroic ammy" they replaced them with same stat items except different level requirement.


That's fair, and something I considered as I was typing it. Still, it's the rarity of the original that we are discussing, right? The new lux items (heroic amulet or rejuvenation, master crafted items) are essentially aeon items, just without the player backlash :lol:

What I was going for was that those charms were all shop items, and adding shop items to chests (regardless of whether the shop items are still available or not) could turn out poorly imo.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#5
Huge -1(I say this on basically every bring x item back topic)

The issue is when the item in question is so good or old that it gains value many times over what it initially cost. A crookback assassin charm is an easy million on lugh, could probably get 5 for my flaming infantry skeleton, just some examples. And yes, people have paid it, so the question is what happens if they bring them back? Should they have to suffer because other people wanted an item that was deemed safe? Honestly, the main reason people want old items is because they subconsciously associate valuable/rare with their want/need. This does not end well though... Look at darkflame armor, it hasn't dropped yule 2011-legacy, then someone got the bright idea of adding it back in. Before legacy you couldn't even buy a part on lugh, got offered 2m for my pants alone, and you were pretty much a legend if you had a part. Now? Its a curse, most people won't pay 100k for a part, and statwise it's horrible so the only thing that determined it's price was the look and rareness. I predicted that would happen all the way back then(while trying to warn people), and that's why I'm here again today. It should be less about bring this item back, and more about adding new items that are memorable.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#6
No. Back in the day one of the most fun parts of opening chest was tryin to collect the rare event fashion. Otm ruined the thrill of collecting fashion by introducing Aeon. Let the charms remain rare collector items ... Lux shop items shouldn't be in chests imo. I'm also tired of the recycled content and re-skinned items. I hope to see 2020 bring some new content and for VR to inject life back into the game. Maybe remove Aeon altogether and make chests worth buying again too. VR could even design their own charms and token fashion finally ...
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw


Danu

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#7
LadyNymeria wrote:No. Back in the day one of the most fun parts of opening chest was tryin to collect the rare event fashion. Otm ruined the thrill of collecting fashion by introducing Aeon. Let the charms remain rare collector items ... Lux shop items shouldn't be in chests imo. I'm also tired of the recycled content and re-skinned items. I hope to see 2020 bring some new content and for VR to inject life back into the game. Maybe remove Aeon altogether and make chests worth buying again too. VR could even design their own charms and token fashion finally ...



I know no one will likes this idea but VR knows people dont and I'm honestly just trying to give them ideas for rare fash to ruin :P
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#8
I know this is a bit of a bold idea, but instead could we see... ouch I’m actually scared to suggest this...

*deep breath* it’s going to be okay.... you know what... even if it isn’t... I’m going to say it anyways...

Instead could we see *gulp* some... new... items?



As much as I love those items and think it could be cool, I’d much rather see the market get expanded with new fashion items. Ever since tower was completed OTM got lazy/busy/incompetent (congrats you have unlocked a game of Pick Your Adjective!) and VR hasn’t shown to be willing or capable to pick up the slack on the design front (just look at how lazy they were with Dino and every other “unique” item they have tried to present as new...

Anyways, prob never going to see anything truly new in this game unless an actual designed team is hired rather than just a team that is expert in resizing and reskinning items... but I’d still rather see new content than the cycle of rewashing we exist in currently
Gwydion - Voted Top Noob of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 226 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Pineapple does NOT belong on Pizza

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

#9
Don't get me wrong, I totally am taking advantage of reduced prices of returning gear, but at the same time, it's kinda saddening to see rare stuff become cheapened. Some classic items need to be a bit unattainable to be "classic".
New items would be great, but we can't really complain about quality if we expect them to crank out new stuff every month. Personally, I wouldn't mind if there were no more additional aeon stuff (not saying take away anything; keep cycling through the stuff we've had, but don't bring back any more stuff), and if there could be 1-2 quality fashion items per year. The Oni stuff was cool, but felt a bit overdone; cool design, huge effect, but kinda a one-time thing.
I'm just one opinion of many differing ones, but I'd prefer a couple cool, new things over several returning old things.
Image

Nosy blighter, aren't ya? lol
Lugh: Pegasus, Mindreader - W, Doge Dandolo - D
CH discord CH database Bitey's Guide RIGGED: dicing hack EXPOSED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests