Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Systems for dom clans

Voting is a horrible system and it does lead to favoritism... I was apart of an eg clan who used voting as their gear distribution system lol. The only ones who like it are most likely those who are apart of it because if they are open about disliking it and try to push change, that’ll most likely diminish their chances at gear lol.

After having experienced the 3 major gear distribution systems (voting, dkp and dicing) I can say that dkp is by far the most efficient while dicing is the least efficient because gear gets spread out so easily. Dicing by far is the most fair system because everyone has an equal chance at loot after a boss, which is how a lot of games work. Dkp is the least fair imo as you’re not getting any good gear if you’re unable to invest some of your life into the game because you’re so busy in the real world. Dicing by far has the greatest effect on a server (free servers) as it promotes a very healthy economy.

Voting is in between dkp and dicing in terms of fairness, but it may become more unfair than dkp if the leaders are bad and there is heavy favoritism involved. Voting is also in between dkp and dicing in terms of efficiency, but it may become more efficient than dkp if the leaders are flawless as they can redirect gear to the best possible person manually. But nobody is perfect and voting leaves the clans doors wide open for corruption which often infects the leadership.

And Ik fairness is considered to be subjective, but I view fairness as everyone getting an equal chance at loot. Others argue that fairness is rewarding the ones who work hard. That may be true in a job setting in the real world, but cmon, it’s just a game lol.
Have you seen some people on here? Lol. It's not just a game. They don't have jobs so this is their job.
Then let them do their job
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Voting is a horrible system and it does lead to favoritism... I was apart of an eg clan who used voting as their gear distribution system lol. The only ones who like it are most likely those who are apart of it because if they are open about disliking it and try to push change, that’ll most likely diminish their chances at gear lol.

After having experienced the 3 major gear distribution systems (voting, dkp and dicing) I can say that dkp is by far the most efficient while dicing is the least efficient because gear gets spread out so easily. Dicing by far is the most fair system because everyone has an equal chance at loot after a boss, which is how a lot of games work. Dkp is the least fair imo as you’re not getting any good gear if you’re unable to invest some of your life into the game because you’re so busy in the real world. Dicing by far has the greatest effect on a server (free servers) as it promotes a very healthy economy.

Voting is in between dkp and dicing in terms of fairness, but it may become more unfair than dkp if the leaders are bad and there is heavy favoritism involved. Voting is also in between dkp and dicing in terms of efficiency, but it may become more efficient than dkp if the leaders are flawless as they can redirect gear to the best possible person manually. But nobody is perfect and voting leaves the clans doors wide open for corruption which often infects the leadership.

And Ik fairness is considered to be subjective, but I view fairness as everyone getting an equal chance at loot. Others argue that fairness is rewarding the ones who work hard. That may be true in a job setting in the real world, but cmon, it’s just a game lol.
Have you seen some people on here? Lol. It's not just a game. They don't have jobs so this is their job.
Kinda unfair though that they’re unable to invest as much as others who don’t have a busy life ,_, Unless if they should drop out of school or quit their professional job, go work at a low stress job at McDonalds, lose their house, lose their wife/girlfriend, move into a lonely apartment, all so that they’re able to invest more into Celtic Heroes lmao. Some people have gone down that path before, and that is no way to live life ._.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

If you want to minimise effort then have a rolling/voting system but rolling is hella unfair and voting is a popularity contest.

Dkp will always be the most fair system and rewards those who attend every boss.
That’d be true, but some people have so much dkp built that playing casual will never get you good gear. It’s not necessarily fair for everyone who’s forced to play casually. Yeah it’s a little more easy going once the players get everything they need... but those are also the types of players to make like 3+ alts as well lmao. By far the biggest complaint against dkp, even with decay (decay actually just forces you to be even more active lol).

Efficient? Yes. Fair for everyone? No. Fair to the ones who have all the free time in the world? Yes.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

DKP will always be the most fair system and rewards those who attend every boss.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. We have a few people who are almost required to multi-log at certain bosses due to lack of general numbers or particular classes. How do DKP clans handle the fact that some people are putting in far more effort than others? If I log 4 high maintenance characters for Bloodthorn, do I receive the same DKP as someone who is mostly afk on a poorly geared ranger? That doesn’t seem fair. On the other hand, I wouldn’t expect every character I log to have an individual DKP pool. In that case, why wouldn’t I load up 6 instances of an emulator and passively gain DKP for toons that aren’t even needed right now? Allow me to out-dkp you with a character that I used 4 skills on during the entire raid...

If you want to minimise effort then have a rolling/voting system but rolling is hella unfair and voting is a popularity contest.

Dkp will always be the most fair system and rewards those who attend every boss.
That’d be true, but some people have so much dkp built that playing casual will never get you good gear. It’s not necessarily fair for everyone who’s forced to play casually. Yeah it’s a little more easy going once the players get everything they need... but those are also the types of players to make like 3+ alts as well lmao. By far the biggest complaint against dkp, even with decay (decay actually just forces you to be even more active lol).

Efficient? Yes. Fair for everyone? No. Fair to the ones who have all the free time in the world? Yes.
Good. Casuals shouldn't have the same amount of gear as those that play 24/7 that's good design, not a negative.

DKP will always be the most fair system and rewards those who attend every boss.
I don’t necessarily agree with this. We have a few people who are almost required to multi-log at certain bosses due to lack of general numbers or particular classes. How do DKP clans handle the fact that some people are putting in far more effort than others? If I log 4 high maintenance characters for Bloodthorn, do I receive the same DKP as someone who is mostly afk on a poorly geared ranger? That doesn’t seem fair. On the other hand, I wouldn’t expect every character I log to have an individual DKP pool. In that case, why wouldn’t I load up 6 instances of an emulator and passively gain DKP for toons that aren’t even needed right now? Allow me to out-dkp you with a character that I used 4 skills on during the entire raid...
Each toon gets its own DKP and yes you receive the same DKP on 4 accounts. If you are afking an account at endgame its pretty obvious and you won't get dkp for that account.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Good. Casuals shouldn't have the same amount of gear as those that play 24/7 that's good design, not a negative.
It’s also a great way to turn off new potential members. It’s not good design, it’s just catering to one small part of the population that makes up a very small percentage of the total population. Many clans have those few players who have like 5+ toons and a mountain of dkp that basically make up for the entire clan.

Why do I get the feeling this comment is way more serious than it needs to be. Hmm
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Kinda unfair though that they’re unable to invest as much as others who don’t have a busy life ,_, Unless if they should drop out of school or quit their professional job, go work at a low stress job at McDonalds, lose their house, lose their wife/girlfriend, move into a lonely apartment, all so that they’re able to invest more into Celtic Heroes lmao. Some people have gone down that path before, and that is no way to live life ._.
Half the player base Zkills, Half the player base Is like this. No way someone can be on ALL day without botting or having no life. Either way wouldn't want to stay off course so back to the topic at hand. None of the ways drops are disbursed are the issue. The issue is almost every server is controlled by a handful of people who set rules and dont actually follow them theirselves. Rules for thee but not for me. This game I'd about as toxic as any game I've ever been on. I've largely blamed the player base so far but I'm getting to the point thinking that the devs could actually limit some player abuse by not making EVERY single good drop tradeable so clan leaders have sole discretion on drops. Most clan leaders are simply the shadiest people imaginable then complain when someone steals all their bank drops when theyve been stealing from their clans for years. Lol
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.