Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Player

#22
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
So is someone using your name then because I've seen you on Danu every day?

No I’ve had a toon on Danu for a little while now. Playing multiple servers


Ok well I was referring to danu. I also have toons on like a half dozen servers. Maybe more. Just dont log much on some. Point was castle is not indicative of everything. Lir for example, rarely anything on auction sometimes but always people at certain bosses.

Ah yeah you’re right Danu is pretty inactive lol. I was talking about Epona cause I’ve played there the most although slowed down quite a bit when I realized going to bosses was almost pointless because the server is so overpopulated now and it’s still growing lol. Was super hard to win anything. Mostly focused on PvP after that and was server banned because of it so yeah lmao. Who are you on Danu?

People logging only for bosses doesn’t really make a server active. An active server is basically any server that has high player counts in any given area (usually the castle as it is the social hub as stated previously) around the clock, and that count must remain consistent.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: New Player

#23
CeresI wrote:
Zkills wrote:
CeresI wrote:this is literally the best game I've found on a phone. I hate to see these comments as there not going to help the game grow. It's too good to be abandoned. But the dev's should definitely be ashamed of themselves, they have no idea what they have here.

It is a really fun game. There’s a lot of people who’ve been playing for 8+ years now, and the fact that this game has been, quite frankly, running strong since 2011 with a fairly sizable community really does to show how good this game is. Getting a mobile game to run strong for almost 9 years is extremely hard to do and not many games can accomplish that. Despite what negative comments people say here on the forums nobody here can disagree on the fact that the game is fun because they wouldn’t be here on the forums if it wasn’t and they didn’t care.

Don’t let the negative players here who’ve been spreading negativity since the Stone Age of this game get you thinking that the devs are simply abandoning the game. That’s most likely far from the truth, and it’s just players trying to make justified false arguments for their own downfall in terms of their own enjoyment of the game. How much fun you want to have in this game is entirely up to you, and I’ve said it before, many players for some reason decide to shoot themselves in the foot. I’ve been server banned from Epona and I’ve been told countless times that supposedly half of the player base hates me because of my viewpoints on the game, and I still manage to have fun... I’ve been having fun since Feb 2012 and if I can find a way then so can everyone else. Quit being a bum and get creative.

Yes VR is the sister company of the original studio OTM. However I’m pretty sure the same guy who ran things over at OTM is still running things over at VR. I don’t know for sure, but that’s what I heard. So it’s not like it’s a completely new company with completely new visions taking over Celtic Heroes, not to mention VR also worked alongside OTM while creating content. Most notably CG I believe.

Yes VR is working on a new game, but what else can you expect really? VR is a company, and what does every company hope to do at a certain stage in their life cycle? Expand! Every company looks to expand at some point and this new game is that expansion. Expanding a company opens the doors to more revenue, which gives VR more resources to develop, which opens the doors to new possibilities. Schwing and Difinitus have both made it clear Celtic Heroes isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

That being said, yes content will be slow to come for a little while longer for Celtic Heroes as VR works on their new game. Yes it will suck in the short run, but in the long run I can see nothing but positivity coming from this whole process. So again, don’t let the negativity of these players bring you down as they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. The only thing people should be concerned about is how successful this new game will be, because if it flops then things could possibly get a little shaky.


Thank you! Amazing message and I agree, so far I love the game and I will continue to explore and ignore any negativity. As far as my original question about activity, I'm still stumped but I can play alone or with a group so I guess it's not a big issue. Thank you for your positive views.

Np. I can’t really speak for the other servers apart from the ones I log on to regularly, and I don’t really care to go and check all of them lol. Best to find out yourself by simply logging into each server, checking out the castle/auction house at various times of the day, and if it’s full of players and life around the clock (or almost, most servers have a couple downtime’s like when it’s night in the US) then you can probably bet it’s a fairly active server.

In terms of nice people, it’s really a hit or miss. Every server has bad eggs, some more than others. You will run into stuck up high level players who won’t be willing to help at all and on rare occasions you will find that one kind player who’s willing to help. Because of that I recommend you find a server with a strong activity at the lower levels as lower levels are more likely to give you a hand as they’re in the same boat as you. Taranis I heard has a strong low level player base, however I’m not sure if that’s true anymore.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: New Player

#24
Zkills wrote:
CeresI wrote:this is literally the best game I've found on a phone. I hate to see these comments as there not going to help the game grow. It's too good to be abandoned. But the dev's should definitely be ashamed of themselves, they have no idea what they have here.

It is a really fun game. There’s a lot of people who’ve been playing for 8+ years now, and the fact that this game has been, quite frankly, running strong since 2011 with a fairly sizable community really does to show how good this game is. Getting a mobile game to run strong for almost 9 years is extremely hard to do and not many games can accomplish that. Despite what negative comments people say here on the forums nobody here can disagree on the fact that the game is fun because they wouldn’t be here on the forums if it wasn’t and they didn’t care.

Don’t let the negative players here who’ve been spreading negativity since the Stone Age of this game get you thinking that the devs are simply abandoning the game. That’s most likely far from the truth, and it’s just players trying to make justified false arguments for their own downfall in terms of their own enjoyment of the game. How much fun you want to have in this game is entirely up to you, and I’ve said it before, many players for some reason decide to shoot themselves in the foot. I’ve been server banned from Epona and I’ve been told countless times that supposedly half of the player base hates me because of my viewpoints on the game, and I still manage to have fun... I’ve been having fun since Feb 2012 and if I can find a way then so can everyone else. Quit being a bum and get creative.

Yes VR is the sister company of the original studio OTM. However I’m pretty sure the same guy who ran things over at OTM is still running things over at VR. I don’t know for sure, but that’s what I heard. So it’s not like it’s a completely new company with completely new visions taking over Celtic Heroes, not to mention VR also worked alongside OTM while creating content. Most notably CG I believe.

Yes VR is working on a new game, but what else can you expect really? VR is a company, and what does every company hope to do at a certain stage in their life cycle? Expand! Every company looks to expand at some point and this new game is that expansion. Expanding a company opens the doors to more revenue, which gives VR more resources to develop, which opens the doors to new possibilities. Schwing and Difinitus have both made it clear Celtic Heroes isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

That being said, yes content will be slow to come for a little while longer for Celtic Heroes as VR works on their new game. Yes it will suck in the short run, but in the long run I can see nothing but positivity coming from this whole process. So again, don’t let the negativity of these players bring you down as they clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. The only thing people should be concerned about is how successful this new game will be, because if it flops then things could possibly get a little shaky.



Have you seen their website? Theres literally one paragraph in the entire website that even mentions Celtic Heroes. Go to the "Games" tab and it doesn't even mention the game. The survival rate of a game when it has a major turnover is dramatically small. They're totally over this game.

As for the OP's question. The best server is mabon. We kill Dino on spawn, absolutely no drama, and a fair gearing system. Its all based on hard work. (Trust me rolling against 87 people at gele in Epona is indeed not fun) Many are geared to the point that you could bid on a necro blood ring without destroying your DKP bank. Dino ammys for rogues go cheap amazingly. As a mage, I won a shadow dino wep for min dkp. A rogue won a dino ammy for about two weeks worth of boss farming. Minimal effort.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Re: New Player

#25
Ash A wrote:Have you seen their website? Theres literally one paragraph in the entire website that even mentions Celtic Heroes. Go to the "Games" tab and it doesn't even mention the game. The survival rate of a game when it has a major turnover is dramatically small. They're totally over this game.

As for the OP's question. The best server is mabon. We kill Dino on spawn, absolutely no drama, and a fair gearing system. Its all based on hard work. (Trust me rolling against 87 people at gele in Epona is indeed not fun) Many are geared to the point that you could bid on a necro blood ring without destroying your DKP bank. Dino ammys for rogues go cheap amazingly. As a mage, I won a shadow dino wep for min dkp. A rogue won a dino ammy for about two weeks worth of boss farming. Minimal effort.

You have to look at it from a business stand point. Simply dumping Celtic Heroes in the trash in favor of their new game would be a horrible idea. Celtic Heroes is a game with an extremely strong foundation that’s been holding up for almost 9 years. Warhammer is a new game with hardly any foundation at all and if it flops they’ll need a cushion to fall on which is Celtic Heroes. Games flop all the time, it happens, or they lose all of their player base really fast. If they were to dump Celtic Heroes they’ll be taking away that cushion because they’ll lose many players over time without the continued support. Now if Warhammer were to be highly successful I still highly doubt they would trash Celtic heroes... the game is just far too successful and is still yet to hit its full potential. OTM was never able to hit that potential even when they were at their peak, and with the added resources Warhammer could bring I’m certain VR can bring Celtic heroes to its full potential. They just need more resources, resources that OTM never had.

And I said multiple times earlier that endgame activity or what ever happens in endgame does not represent the whole server lmao. He’s a new player, he probably doesn’t even know what half of those terms mean, if he does then good for him. He’s looking for an active server across all levels, he clearly stated that. You can have a strong endgame but still have an incredibly boring server because nothing ever happens.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: New Player

#26
Zkills wrote:And I said multiple times earlier that endgame activity or what ever happens in endgame does not represent the whole server lmao. He’s a new player, he probably doesn’t even know what half of those terms mean, if he does then good for him. He’s looking for an active server across all levels, he clearly stated that. You can have a strong endgame but still have an incredibly boring server because nothing ever happens.


It's also worth mentioning that by the time the OP gets to endgame, it's possible that Mabon's endgame status will be quite different.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: New Player

#27
Eragon123 wrote:
Zkills wrote:And I said multiple times earlier that endgame activity or what ever happens in endgame does not represent the whole server lmao. He’s a new player, he probably doesn’t even know what half of those terms mean, if he does then good for him. He’s looking for an active server across all levels, he clearly stated that. You can have a strong endgame but still have an incredibly boring server because nothing ever happens.


It's also worth mentioning that by the time the OP gets to endgame, it's possible that Mabon's endgame status will be quite different.

Yeah that’s a good point as well
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests