Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

My opinion is the play and app stores are advertisement enough. Personally how I found this game was by searching mmorpg in the app store and this game was in the top 10, I'm assuming that's how most people found this game or any other game actually.

Plus I'm kinda selfish, I know how bad the drop rates are and know how there isn't that many places to grind xp. So with more people the drop rates are gonna be even worse for the individual and there's gonna be no place to level up.
I don't see how this game can do well with over populated servers when there's no dungeons to get gear in a small team

Plus I'm kinda selfish, I know how bad the drop rates are and know how there isn't that many places to grind xp. So with more people the drop rates are gonna be even worse for the individual and there's gonna be no place to level up.
I don't see how this game can do well with over populated servers when there's no dungeons to get gear in a small team
It sucks, especially in carrowmore. I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve ran across others doing something in the boggan caves while I was trying to lix. Whether if it was someone farming medallions or someone else lixing. In one case I started my lixs outside of the yellow boggan room the exact same time someone started their lix in the back of the room, and when we crossed paths I was accused of ksing because they were in the clan Goonies so they must have been right lol, and then a bunch of their clan members came and started to ks my lixs. At first we shared the room just fine, I had the front half and entrance while she had the back half, but then she thought it was necessary to bring in her main to power level and she started to overkill her side which is when we started fighting for mobs lol.

All of that could have been avoided if there were more decent places to level up.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It sucks, especially in carrowmore. I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve ran across others doing something in the boggan caves while I was trying to lix. Whether if it was someone farming medallions or someone else lixing. In one case I started my lixs outside of the yellow boggan room the exact same time someone started their lix in the back of the room, and when we crossed paths I was accused of ksing because they were in the clan Goonies so they must have been right lol, and then a bunch of their clan members came and started to ks my lixs. At first we shared the room just fine, I had the front half and entrance while she had the back half, but then she thought it was necessary to bring in her main to power level and she started to overkill her side which is when we started fighting for mobs lol.

All of that could have been avoided if there were more decent places to level up.
Right! Happened to me too numerous times, both in a group and solo. When I'm grouped things get nasty calling each other out but when I'm solo I usually get muscled out and log off lol

Right! Happened to me too numerous times, both in a group and solo. When I'm grouped things get nasty calling each other out but when I'm solo I usually get muscled out and log off lol
Players shouldn’t have to set aside whatever they’re doing because someone else wants to use that space. If players want to farm for gold then they should be able to with no problems, if players want to lix alone then they should be able to without worrying about someone else strolling in to ruin it. Players shouldn’t be forced to put off lixing/farming because someone else is already in the good spot... VR needs to create more alternate leveling zones that can rival carrowmore rooms and even tower rooms/paths. CG is great but that’s only 180-200 and even then CG is a really small area with not many great places to lix.

If VR doesn’t have the time or resources to make such areas than the least they can do is remove the stupid group exp bonus and have all members of the group receive the same amounts of exp as they would solo. The way the system works now you’re forced to limit your group and be very selective with who you level with if you want good and efficient exp... that’s just stupid lol. It’ll also bring more fun to lixing, players should be able to lix with a group of 8 with no penalty. I hate having to turn down players when they ask to join my lixing sessions because I know they’ll just slow down the exp causing me to use more resources.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The problem is that having more players doesn’t actually help all that much. Over population is a thing because of how small this game really is lol. Every player works towards the same narrow goal and it creates bottlenecks. Word of mouth and randomly stumbling across this game is just enough to keep things where they’re supposed to be without overcrowding being a serious issue (unless if players try to funnel into one server such as Epona lmao).

As Eragon pointed out there are plenty of new players coming into this game, but the problem is trying to keep them engaged so they can reach endgame. That being said VR really needs to figure out how to keep those player engaged if they want to see them stay. One of the biggest problems imo is how boring and grindy leveling is in this game. Things really start to slow down once there are no more quests to grind (which are much more fun and engaging to do than lixing) and when they see that big number 220 running around they realize that they still have a long ways to go with the boring grind and that turns them away. VR needs to work on making quests that lead up to endgame, and focus more on areas that serve as alternative leveling zones versus constantly expanding upon endgame... one step at a time.

I really would not suggest investing into advertising until this game has grown 2-3 times larger content wise
I dont think the issue so much is lack of players, certainly some servers have much more than others, I think the issue is more the kinds of players. People who log daily, are helpful, not super greedy, they buy platinum and sell at a fair price not 100k a chest. Lol
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Ch is not a streaming game at all
It can be if the person streaming has a great personality perfect for streaming and is entertaining. Streaming just endgame content though is really no fun because endgame is boring, that won’t bring new players in when they realize there’s only 4 endgame bosses and they see how uninteresting the fights themselves are (necro is the only entertaining boss to watch, I would always watch Biteys necro videos a long time ago). Doing more interesting stuff like challenges or farming for rare mobs would be much more engaging because people enjoy watching that kind of stuff (yes even grinds for rare mobs, because the reactions are always great when you get what you want).
If you want i dont mind startung streaming Celtic heroes if its for a good cause. Yes/no?
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Ch is not a streaming game at all
It can be if the person streaming has a great personality perfect for streaming and is entertaining. Streaming just endgame content though is really no fun because endgame is boring, that won’t bring new players in when they realize there’s only 4 endgame bosses and they see how uninteresting the fights themselves are (necro is the only entertaining boss to watch, I would always watch Biteys necro videos a long time ago). Doing more interesting stuff like challenges or farming for rare mobs would be much more engaging because people enjoy watching that kind of stuff (yes even grinds for rare mobs, because the reactions are always great when you get what you want).
If you want i dont mind startung streaming Celtic heroes if its for a good cause. Yes/no?
If you want to do it, go for it. Don't do it just because other people might want it. If you don't want to do it, viewers will pick up on that, and not be as interested.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Yes eragon ill start a stream i dont mind. But ill be posting what times im starting and when they wil be on my band. Lol cba to post on here. If anyone wants to work with me, so it gets posted on forums, i dont mind but they need to pm me:)
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.