200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: What would you do?

Not going to argue with y'all. Since DOM wanted bring all of Celtic Heroes into server politics, thought I would let them know DOM is not the perfect angels discribed. Also wanted to remind DOM the only reason you got your first clan BT kill as soon as you did was because COMP was willing to work with you.
From here I will leave it alone and let everyone talk as they wish. I have not the time nor the desire to argue semantics in a public forum.
Enjoy your day and your event weekend.
We will very much enjoy OUR arcane carnage weekend. Thanks.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

I feel like “we did this because they did this” can go on forever.

It’s more important to resolve the situation amicably. You can try and blame the opposition as much as you’d like, however if one side is just offering plainly to end the griefing then that’s for the best.

I Agree with Bitey on the winning strategy though rather than the other suggestions, it’s never a good idea to give into another clans griefing, it sets a bad precedent - especially in this situation where the COMP members see through the propaganda and are joining DOM, even historical leaders.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I don't think the solution of completely changing the entire system is a good or viable solution. Neither clan even want to work together, changing let alone change the system, that goes far beyond rivalry between clans. There are 2 servers that run this system, I personally enjoy my current server, which is not an open server system. I'm sure there are enough people that also don't want to play in an Epona based system.

The idea of recruiting a clan is imo good and has worked out very well for our server in the past despite it having had extremely toxic clans opposing each other. The current dom clan on my server consists of a mix of players from clans that were rivals or in an actual war with each other.

I think giving people a chance and being open minded about it is good, it shows your clan does give chances and doesn't judge by clan tag only.
It doesn’t have to change the entire system, you can run a dkp clan if you want without dominance existing in the server. A clan can run the exact same system as they were using with dominance. The thing that holds people back from accomplishing what I had brought up is simply greed. People want drops more efficiently for themselves vs the enjoyment of everyone on the server, and that is what causes conflict. If you think it’s not greed than you are probably apart of the problem, greedy people rarely see themselves as greedy.

People think competition keeps the game fun and exciting, when really no it doesn’t. Competition gives the illusion that it’s fun and exciting because it’s fun to win, and when people win they are happy, when they lose they are unhappy (anyone who says otherwise is likely lying... losing a Unox 6* feels like a punch to the gut lol). What competition really does is send people in opposing clans into overdrive, and they feel the need to be constantly active in order to best their competition. It creates an obsession to be better and within that obsession people tend to get dirty. It starts to turn a game meant to take you away from the real world into a part time job, and that gets people tired, the same way they would in the real world if work sends someone into overdrive. When people get tired they’re more likely to quit or go inactive. The same effect happens with dkp/attendance systems which creates competition within the clan, and when added with competition the effects are amplified. I can guarantee you Epona sees a much lower rate of players going inactive/quitting vs any other server despite their far higher population.

In a server where people come together to take on bosses, regardless of clan, it doesn’t have the same effect as you think it would. People will always dislike each other, but when each person is in a different clan it feels much much more different than serving with them under the same clan. When you’re in a different clan working with other clans to take down a boss, it still feels like you’re playing for you and your clan versus the other clan you may dislike, and because of that there’s really no problems at all and everyone can get a slice of the pie. I disliked people on Epona, some people disliked me, but there were never any problems at bosses. When everyone gets a slice of the pie it’s like there’s little to no reason to be upset as everyone gets the same chance. It creates an enjoyable stress free environment.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It creates an enjoyable stress free environment.
I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't think this will work for us. If we throw what loot we're getting now into a free-for-all, how annoyed am I going to be when a Bloodthorn helm drops that I previously would have easily won in DKP/votes, and now somebody else gets it? Many will be angry that their chances of getting a nice item have hit rok bottom overnight. I think it's a little too late considering current server structure and history.

On another note (and slightly contradictory), we have today welcomed any person that is not a member of COMP to join us in killing bosses and rolling for loot. This has been under consideration for a few weeks now and is finally rolling out. Maybe this is a step in the right direction?

It creates an enjoyable stress free environment.
I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't think this will work for us. If we throw what loot we're getting now into a free-for-all, how annoyed am I going to be when a Bloodthorn helm drops that I previously would have easily won in DKP/votes, and now somebody else gets it? Many will be angry that their chances of getting a nice item have hit rok bottom overnight. I think it's a little too late considering current server structure and history.

On another note (and slightly contradictory), we have today welcomed any person that is not a member of COMP to join us in killing bosses and rolling for loot. This has been under consideration for a few weeks now and is finally rolling out. Maybe this is a step in the right direction?
That’s the greed speaking for you. You wanted that helm for yourself and your clan, you think you deserved it more than they did when realistically everyone put in the same effort for that fight and everyone got an equal chance at the end. Many people choose to take that greed and make something of it, which is what dominance is founded upon. It’ll take some getting used to for sure, you won’t adapt to it instantly. But overtime you’ll find yourself accepting losses once you’ve realized the things I’ve mentioned previously.

Like I said, as long as their is dominance there will always be conflict. You extinguish one person opposing you and another will come and take their place. It’s like an endless cycle.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Dkp on a free server? Nobody will maintain the dkp table for the whole server. It’s impossible.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Not going to argue with y'all. Since DOM wanted bring all of Celtic Heroes into server politics, thought I would let them know DOM is not the perfect angels discribed. Also wanted to remind DOM the only reason you got your first clan BT kill as soon as you did was because COMP was willing to work with you.
From here I will leave it alone and let everyone talk as they wish. I have not the time nor the desire to argue semantics in a public forum.
Enjoy your day and your event weekend.
We all know you broke the deal at BT not them. You claimed 1 toon level 1 griefed an entire dhiothu raid when you brought 40 players to a 27 player raid.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

I don't think the solution of completely changing the entire system is a good or viable solution. Neither clan even want to work together, changing let alone change the system, that goes far beyond rivalry between clans. There are 2 servers that run this system, I personally enjoy my current server, which is not an open server system. I'm sure there are enough people that also don't want to play in an Epona based system.

The idea of recruiting a clan is imo good and has worked out very well for our server in the past despite it having had extremely toxic clans opposing each other. The current dom clan on my server consists of a mix of players from clans that were rivals or in an actual war with each other.

I think giving people a chance and being open minded about it is good, it shows your clan does give chances and doesn't judge by clan tag only.
It doesn’t have to change the entire system, you can run a dkp clan if you want without dominance existing in the server. A clan can run the exact same system as they were using with dominance. The thing that holds people back from accomplishing what I had brought up is simply greed. People want drops more efficiently for themselves vs the enjoyment of everyone on the server, and that is what causes conflict. If you think it’s not greed than you are probably apart of the problem, greedy people rarely see themselves as greedy.

People think competition keeps the game fun and exciting, when really no it doesn’t. Competition gives the illusion that it’s fun and exciting because it’s fun to win, and when people win they are happy, when they lose they are unhappy (anyone who says otherwise is likely lying... losing a Unox 6* feels like a punch to the gut lol). What competition really does is send people in opposing clans into overdrive, and they feel the need to be constantly active in order to best their competition. It creates an obsession to be better and within that obsession people tend to get dirty. It starts to turn a game meant to take you away from the real world into a part time job, and that gets people tired, the same way they would in the real world if work sends someone into overdrive. When people get tired they’re more likely to quit or go inactive. The same effect happens with dkp/attendance systems which creates competition within the clan, and when added with competition the effects are amplified. I can guarantee you Epona sees a much lower rate of players going inactive/quitting vs any other server despite their far higher population.

In a server where people come together to take on bosses, regardless of clan, it doesn’t have the same effect as you think it would. People will always dislike each other, but when each person is in a different clan it feels much much more different than serving with them under the same clan. When you’re in a different clan working with other clans to take down a boss, it still feels like you’re playing for you and your clan versus the other clan you may dislike, and because of that there’s really no problems at all and everyone can get a slice of the pie. I disliked people on Epona, some people disliked me, but there were never any problems at bosses. When everyone gets a slice of the pie it’s like there’s little to no reason to be upset as everyone gets the same chance. It creates an enjoyable stress free environment.
Comp is fun winning or losing.

In all my history I have always had way more fun being the underdog and losing a lot then slowly getting stronger and beating the dominant clan through competition.
Oderint Dum Metuant.