Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Opinion: Push Back The XP Event

The xp event is my favorite event. It is the best for the games health, since how many people leave the game lately, compared to how many come in. So with that said, I am pretty upset that the team would decide to launch the event the week before Black Friday rather than the week after. Not only for me, but for the games profits. I have a lot of people these last few months saying after the announcement of Doom Hammer, the lack of new exciting content, and the inability to listen to the communities feedback they are no longer planning to put money in for this double plat day next week.

Right now is a big opportunity to take advantage of Black Friday....last time we had these two events together, I put way more cash into the game in order to help provide heroic knowledges to our clannies. While other clanmates would also buy heroic knowledges for themselves through the plat store. I personally plan to put much less than I usually do this double plat day..... I have nothing to buy with my platinum other than alt and rebirth books for raids.... Knowing an xp boost event was following a double plat day, I and others would be far more inclined to spend more. However having it before the event gives me a lot less reason to buy plat, once again leaving me frustrated and disappointed with the game.

I hate to complain, and look a gifted horse in the mouth. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day. :ugeek:
Chief of Forever and TheReal of Rosmerta :ugeek:

Re: Opinion: Push Back The XP Event

Idk, a lot of people are busy with family over thanksgiving weekend including myself so I’d prefer to have it be this weekend.
I think he’s saying the week after, not during. But it might be a little too late to change anyways. I don’t think it’s a bad idea though.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Idk, a lot of people are busy with family over thanksgiving weekend including myself so I’d prefer to have it be this weekend.
I think he’s saying the week after, not during. But it might be a little too late to change anyways. I don’t think it’s a bad idea though.
Well, the weekend after.

I have mixed feelings. The OP makes a good point, and I agree with them that next weekend would make more sense. That being said, I agree with Zkills too - I’m always swamped that weekend as well, with family coming into town for Thanksgiving and staying for the weekend, I rarely have time to even get on, let alone take advantage of an xp event.

Now, I know America is the only country that celebrates Thanksgiving this time of the year, so I’m not saying the event should avoid that weekend solely because of Thanksgiving....I’m just that I’m really glad to see it this weekend instead of next lol.

Maybe VR could surprise us by doing a day of double plat tomorrow, in addition to next weekend (theoretically :? ).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The xp event is my favorite event. It is the best for the games health, since how many people leave the game lately, compared to how many come in. So with that said, I am pretty upset that the team would decide to launch the event the week before Black Friday rather than the week after. Not only for me, but for the games profits. I have a lot of people these last few months saying after the announcement of Doom Hammer, the lack of new exciting content, and the inability to listen to the communities feedback they are no longer planning to put money in for this double plat day next week.

Right now is a big opportunity to take advantage of Black Friday....last time we had these two events together, I put way more cash into the game in order to help provide heroic knowledges to our clannies. While other clanmates would also buy heroic knowledges for themselves through the plat store. I personally plan to put much less than I usually do this double plat day..... I have nothing to buy with my platinum other than alt and rebirth books for raids.... Knowing an xp boost event was following a double plat day, I and others would be far more inclined to spend more. However having it before the event gives me a lot less reason to buy plat, once again leaving me frustrated and disappointed with the game.

I hate to complain, and look a gifted horse in the mouth. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day. :ugeek:
Wait.....so you have no reason to spend money on plat besides alt and rebirth books. Im sure you are sitting on a fat stack of xps, combos, etc. Why exactly do you all of a sudden have an urge to spend more just because of double xp. Since you dont need anything anyways. Not trying to be rude or anything but some of your comments seem to negate themselves and seems you are using not spending money as a leveraging tool to get what you want regardless of how it effects others. I for one am glad. I need to get higher lvl so i can actually kill stuff on my own without having to rely on others. Certainly my excuse is of a more noble cause than yours.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

He goes on to talk about the events going along side each other so I imagine he was talking about the exp event being run along side the Black Friday event next week over thanksgiving. Too many people will be busy and won’t be able to participate so it’ll just cause more problems. I’m sure the large majority of people are fine with it being this weekend
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I like this idea. I doubt they'll change it at this point, but this does make sense to me, and they might even do an xp weekend after, but from what Diffy has said idk that that's the case.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Makes sense to do either or. Most people are busy Thursday. The actual day of Thanksgiving. But maaaaan during back Friday weekend with double plat, servers are popping. It would make sense to do it next weekend. Or the weekend after because it would give people chance to buy plat to be prepared for the coming weekend. Gives them time to open chests and use all their premium mumbo jumbo.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

I have no idea what thanksgiving is but I think that people would be more encouraged to buy chests if they knew there would he an xp event the weekend after. The event is still great though, but if double plat had been the weekend before we'd have more lixes to spend and more reason to buy plat and get lixes.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Wait.....so you have no reason to spend money on plat besides alt and rebirth books. Im sure you are sitting on a fat stack of xps, combos, etc. Why exactly do you all of a sudden have an urge to spend more just because of double xp. Since you dont need anything anyways. Not trying to be rude or anything but some of your comments seem to negate themselves and seems you are using not spending money as a leveraging tool to get what you want regardless of how it effects others. I for one am glad. I need to get higher lvl so i can actually kill stuff on my own without having to rely on others. Certainly my excuse is of a more noble cause than yours.
I
The scenario the op is describing is that people will save their money for double plat. Doing an xp event before that won’t stimulate people to buy platinum items, the trade off is not worth it. This is like selling a product, but letting your customers now there will be a sale in a week. People will save their money for the discount.

However, if you do the xp event after the double plat event, people are willing to spend even more, since you get a discount on your lixes.

It’s not abou the stash of the individual player, it is about the total circulation of plat items.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]