Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Winners for Costume Contest Announced!

Gratz to the winners! Really like 1st places setup

I don’t want to be that guy but I want to be that guy, next time difinitus don’t do a lottery for a “contest”... because no offense some of the entries are no where near as good as others... some are just way too generic, anyone could throw on a 10k suit/dress and call it a day. I imagine there’s a lot of disappointed people lol. I never liked the idea of a lottery from the start
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I don’t want to be that guy but I want to be that guy, next time difinitus don’t do a lottery for a “contest”... because no offense some of the entries are no where near as good as others... some are just way too generic, anyone could throw on a 10k suit/dress and call it a day. I imagine there’s a lot of disappointed people lol. I never liked the idea of a lottery from the start
anyone else could put a black ghost charm and run around arena casting ice blast or firestorm at the witch.. also fashion is a preference person by person as been stated by Difinitus so it could be hard to judge without people getting offended.
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover. But You Can By Its First Few Chapters And Certainly By Its Last.

anyone else could put a black ghost charm and run around arena casting ice blast or firestorm at the witch.. also fashion is a preference person by person as been stated by Difinitus so it could be hard to judge without people getting offended.
Ok go put on a black ghost charm and cast firestorm at witch if everyone can do it lol. Ofc preference is different for everyone, so why don’t we let the people vote with the only rule being you can’t vote for your own?

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Ok go put on a black ghost charm and cast firestorm at witch if everyone can do it lol. Ofc preference is different for everyone, so why don’t we let the people vote with the only rule being you can’t vote for your own?
With the 17 pages of contestants I don’t think having a vote would end well. Just saying.

If this was a small competition where less people participated a vote or even having a judge would probably work. But in this case there’s just too many styles. And while I personally am not a big fan of it myself, a “lottery” type thing just makes more sense.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

With the 17 pages of contestants I don’t think having a vote would end well. Just saying.

If this was a small competition where less people participated a vote or even having a judge would probably work. But in this case there’s just too many styles. And while I personally am not a big fan of it myself, a “lottery” type thing just makes more sense.
It’s the lazy way of doing things. There have been competitions in the past where there were more pages than this one and admins before would go through every one and judge them. With a player vote atleast the admins wouldn’t have to worry about wasting their precious time going through and holding an actual contest. The lottery system probably turned out to be a much worse option because difinitus had to go through and check for duplicate accounts/submissions because people tried to cheat the lottery

It’s the lazy way of doing things. There have been competitions in the past where there were more pages than this one and admins before would go through every one and judge them. With a player vote atleast the admins wouldn’t have to worry about wasting their precious time going through and holding an actual contest
There’s just too many styles of fashion. What might look awesome to me might look too generic or like a tornado swept through it to someone else. It’d be different if it were an art contest or a fan fiction contest. That’s where creativity, technique, and knowing your audience come in. This contest was a fashion contest, not necessarily a creativity contest.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

It’s the lazy way of doing things. There have been competitions in the past where there were more pages than this one and admins before would go through every one and judge them. With a player vote atleast the admins wouldn’t have to worry about wasting their precious time going through and holding an actual contest
There’s just too many styles of fashion. What might look awesome to me might look too generic or like a tornado swept through it to someone else. It’d be different if it were an art contest or a fan fiction contest. That’s where creativity, technique, and knowing your audience come in. This contest was a fashion contest, not necessarily a creativity contest.
Even fashion contests have judges and aren’t decided on a lottery. Creativity goes into fashion as well, whether it’s a mix of different fashion to create something cool, effect oni on top of a lightning cloud, or a reaper charm with mythic yule wings (I wouldn’t wear the charm without the wings, as the wings add to the fashion). It’s sad to see the creativity behind some of these fashion sets get overshadowed by a lottery system and 10k dress from the shop. There’s a lot of really cool submissions that probably should have won.

Anyways, what is done is done. I just ask to never do a lottery system again for contests/competitions. Winning a competition like this is the equivalent of getting a participation trophy.

I'm ok with the lottery tbh for a number of reasons:
quantity; way too many submissions to go through,
subjectivity; no matter who/how many judges you have, there's gonna be plurality of opinion,
quality; most of the flashier fashions (say that 5 times fast) cost a good amount (think like effect sets etc), it'd be unfair to the people who can't afford the fancies if all the fancy people won, and it'd be unfair to the people with the fancy stuff if it were ignored lol and we're back to subjectivity lol.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com