Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Quality of Life Improvements

Once upon a time I played another MMORPG called Parallel Kingdoms. If I could bring one thing forward to CH, it would be 'gear memory scrolls'.

They could be set to remember equipment or jewelery or both. I think every CH player would rejoice at bring able to change armor/jewels/(fash?) With the press of a hot button...

Please consider, thanks!
Great idea! I miss that game a lot. Who were you?

To add to what should be considered quality of life.
Reduce the drop rate of e shield, e boost, e harvest. And all other neglected skills to be as rare as apostate spawns.

There's a reason the skills aren't used. You can't make them desirable just dilutes the boss drop table.

Probably a long shot for a QOL update, but how about adding a barrier and/or another lay stone that's level 215 or 220 to access to actually enter the Dhio area. Reducing the risk of low levels wondering in causing teleports would improve the gameplay.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Reduce the drop rate of e shield, e boost, e harvest. And all other neglected skills to be as rare as apostate spawns.

There's a reason the skills aren't used. You can't make them desirable just dilutes the boss drop table.
Or balance skills...

Mage ftw

Or balance skills...
I would love to see an update that balances skills according to how the game actually is, rather than how the game is supposed to be. Skills like e-shield, e-boost, and e-harvest are all fairly good skills, I even use e-boost on my mage, the problem is, they don’t really scale well enough for most endgame players to justify the points in the skill. It’s easier to just buy restos and idols, and take the damage, rather than to try and survive with skills.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Or balance skills...
I would love to see an update that balances skills according to how the game actually is, rather than how the game is supposed to be. Skills like e-shield, e-boost, and e-harvest are all fairly good skills, I even use e-boost on my mage, the problem is, they don’t really scale well enough for most endgame players to justify the points in the skill. It’s easier to just buy restos and idols, and take the damage, rather than to try and survive with skills.
That means we wouldn’t really need e lixs and restores. we cant have that here .

Or balance skills...
That means we wouldn’t really need e lixs and restores. we cant have that here .
I've always been of the opinion that removing the reliance on premium items is one of the best things that could possibly happen to Celtic Heroes. It seems like an impossible dream, I'm just hoping that WHOdyssey doesn't go down that path.

It's not terribly complicated - get rid of super and heroic elixirs, and rebalance most of the stats affected by lixes (readjust ability and xp curves to effectively double the leveling speed at midgame/endgame level with an end result that using a normal elixir would be effectively the same as using a super, turn health/energy regen into a percentage matching normal elixirs, and so on). Essentially, balance the game so that playing without consumables is definitely viable, but players have the option to pay for a smaller increase to speed things up. The game would still be challenging, but at least then it would be more feasible to actually play without plat. The one saving grace of CH is that consumables are tradeable, and common enough nowadays that it's pretty easy to get them...but that doesn't mean that it's a good system, since it still relies on players spending money.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I've always been of the opinion that removing the reliance on premium items is one of the best things that could possibly happen to Celtic Heroes. It seems like an impossible dream, I'm just hoping that WHOdyssey doesn't go down that path.

It's not terribly complicated - get rid of super and heroic elixirs, and rebalance most of the stats affected by lixes (readjust ability and xp curves to effectively double the leveling speed at midgame/endgame level with an end result that using a normal elixir would be effectively the same as using a super, turn health/energy regen into a percentage matching normal elixirs, and so on). Essentially, balance the game so that playing without consumables is definitely viable, but players have the option to pay for a smaller increase to speed things up. The game would still be challenging, but at least then it would be more feasible to actually play without plat. The one saving grace of CH is that consumables are tradeable, and common enough nowadays that it's pretty easy to get them...but that doesn't mean that it's a good system, since it still relies on players spending money.
That would be such a fundamental change that it literally will never happen. Once they released elixers they set the game up on a path of reliance on them. Same without how bandage wounds braces we're removed from mordi, and armor ring drop rates were reduced on Smolach. I would rather suggest something they have a higher likelihood of implementing.

Or balance skills...
Yeah so many skills need minor tweaks to be good, they could take the easy way out and balance with gear instead of releasing 10 rings for one skill and ignore the rest of them. (Ignoring eragon don’t feel like reading or replying to essays)

If we're talking about energy regeneration my views, and always have been, that we shouldn't even need regen items or consumables or even sigils and skills to regen that energy at a good rate, defo not in 2019 anyway I feel like it's such a big flaw in ch. It should do it naturally and scale with how much u put into focus. Then maybe idk casters should have the option to have extra regeneration on there armor or something or not at all. But energy regeneration should not be a thing imo. Nothing can be done about that now as it'll pee a lot of people off with all the money they spent on sigils