Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dead servers

I’m not saying it’s down to the people what I am saying is I’ve seen the likes of Rosemerta and Epona amongst others recruit both new and transferring players by making pro active efforts to do so with good effect at various points.
Rosmerta can't even kill dino? Nice arguement
I think one possibly vital clarification is what exactly makes an “active” or “dead” server. Unless I’m reading this situation wrong, players consider a server to be “dead” if there are less endgame people (human beings playing the game) who play regularly. VR is likely looking at the overall server activity...a server might have an average of, say, 25 characters 220+ that log per day....but might have 200 characters under that level that log per day. Whereas another server might have 45 characters 220+ and only 100 characters under that per day. To endgame players (which constitutes pretty much this entire thread), the second server is more “active” whereas in reality, the first is. This also leads to my second point (which Corrupt touched briefly on) which is multilogging. VR doesn’t know who multilogs, if 5 characters are logged at once, that looks like 5 different people logging accounts. You can’t blame them for not knowing that you are multilogging. Anytime people multilog (which is fairly often) it throws off the numbers of players, which is unfortunate but can’t really be worked around.

I think there are a lot of great points here, from what I’m seeing, a bunch of servers do tend to struggle with endgame content.
However, I just want to clarify, that doesn’t mean the server is “dead” in the normal sense of the word (lack of overall players). This then circles back to what I think Schwing may have been getting at - focusing on making the server a more inviting place in some way would help encourage new players to stick around. Will that fix the core problems of drop rates/grinding/lack of content? No, but it would help bring new people in, which is more important imo. I would rather see new people come in regularly, stick around a year or so, then leave, rather than see players stick around for 3-4 years, but without many new players coming in.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I am burnt out and can confirm it ISN'T from Dhio, why are you trying to explain my own mental state? I think I know it. You don't.

If anything Dhio is the only boss on the server I dont't get burnt out from because I can single log it.
I was lead to believe that because your server seemed to go down after you started doing dino. I have a hard time believing it was the drops because you’ve only killed dino 3 times, and rng was very much likely not in your favor.. Epona got the best bow in the game after the first kill. There’s no doubt sitting around for hours burnt people out. Like I said on a different post that was moved to the other thread, the biggest problem with dino is that people are coming at it undergeared which results in ridiculously long raid times... it’s going to burn people out and take away motivation, which results in people quitting or taking a break. It’s mostly because a lot of players are so incredibly impatient, they just want to jump on dino. Yes I acknowledge there are other problems with the game, but this to me is the biggest factor. People want things to be easier, but when things are easier it starts to feel more like a basic chore.. instead of going after the problem, which is the boss fight, they simply blame the loot.
Epona - has best geared players in game
Nuada - worst gear players in game

Nuada killed dino in less time than Epona.

I am burnt out and can confirm it ISN'T from Dhio, why are you trying to explain my own mental state? I think I know it. You don't.

If anything Dhio is the only boss on the server I dont't get burnt out from because I can single log it.
I was lead to believe that because your server seemed to go down after you started doing dino. I have a hard time believing it was the drops because you’ve only killed dino 3 times, and rng was very much likely not in your favor.. Epona got the best bow in the game after the first kill. There’s no doubt sitting around for hours burnt people out. Like I said on a different post that was moved to the other thread, the biggest problem with dino is that people are coming at it undergeared which results in ridiculously long raid times... it’s going to burn people out and take away motivation, which results in people quitting or taking a break. It’s mostly because a lot of players are so incredibly impatient, they just want to jump on dino. Yes I acknowledge there are other problems with the game, but this to me is the biggest factor. People want things to be easier, but when things are easier it starts to feel more like a basic chore.. instead of going after the problem, which is the boss fight, they simply blame the loot.
Epona - has best geared players in game
Nuada - worst gear players in game

Nuada killed dino in less time than Epona.
Lul not true but let's not get off topic here
Just another noob rogue at it
226 - Alpha Ranger ~~~~ Fingal (DEADED)
220 - AlphaChaos ~~~~~ Epona (Bae)

I assume servers know when they're dead. Chaotic is from Nuada, a server where rolls are done and market is free for all, therefore the explanation of the server dying due to dominance and lack of market are false and uninformative.
Not everyone rolls on nuada, and market isnt all free for all, we are however lacking auction house the average pages we get are between 9-11, the glitch hacker gold thingy smacked us hard in the mouth with players and alot have quit or been banned now, people overpricing things to stupid prices doesnt help at all either and everyday i see more and more people wanting to xfer fron nuada to another server:(
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis