Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Dino raid.

Ofc it is possible with the tools we have... we did our best attempt this weekend and hit dino pretty hard but we have to rely so heavily on rng still. Some resources available to the servers that kill dino currently aren’t available to every server
Which specific RNG elements are you referring to? Bash should be a lot more consistent since the last change we made, of course there will still always be a small chance of failure.
Help us get on the same page, and please stop eye rolling over these discussions, saying we don’t know what we are talking about, but never taking the time to explain to your player base.
Sorry you feel like that Bob, but I don't see where we've "eye rolled" and said you don't know what you're talking about. As I said before we'll look at tuning it further as it seems to be to much of a difficulty leap for the majority. In terms of giving specifics of mechanics that's unlikely to happen, part of the challenge is working out the best ways to tackle an encounter, many of which we won't have thought of, things like the TP caps are easy to test.
We have 5 bashers usually timing bash and it’s still missed with a max expose. Orbs randomly spawning anywhere/ orbs hitting ppl when it doesn’t even go through them... adds spawning in random orders preventing some servers from properly preparing (for example if fire add spawns and fire mages are dead or orbed due to orb rn). Would be nice if they spawned in specific order. For the servers that use freeze strat, freeze missing with max expose... the list could go on(lemme just see what else my clannies have to say about rng)._.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Ofc it is possible with the tools we have... we did our best attempt this weekend and hit dino pretty hard but we have to rely so heavily on rng still. Some resources available to the servers that kill dino currently aren’t available to every server
Which specific RNG elements are you referring to? Bash should be a lot more consistent since the last change we made, of course there will still always be a small chance of failure.
Help us get on the same page, and please stop eye rolling over these discussions, saying we don’t know what we are talking about, but never taking the time to explain to your player base.
Sorry you feel like that Bob, but I don't see where we've "eye rolled" and said you don't know what you're talking about. As I said before we'll look at tuning it further as it seems to be to much of a difficulty leap for the majority. In terms of giving specifics of mechanics that's unlikely to happen, part of the challenge is working out the best ways to tackle an encounter, many of which we won't have thought of, things like the TP caps are easy to test.
We have 5 bashers usually timing bash and it’s still missed with a max expose. Orbs randomly spawning anywhere/ orbs hitting ppl when it doesn’t even go through them... adds spawning in random orders preventing some servers from properly preparing (for example if fire add spawns and fire mages are dead or orbed due to orb rn). Would be nice if they spawned in specific order. For the servers that use freeze strat, freeze missing with max expose... the list could go on(lemme just see what else my clannies have to say about rng)._.
And I’m not saying bash is still broken, it’s a lot better off than it was before the nerf. The problem is that even 1 missed bash can still cause an entire wipe. It’s just way too unforgiving and we would rather not have more than 5 bashers at the raid as that limits our ability to dps. The heal+ cloak is almost too much. One or the other is fine imo

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I would love it if the boss was fixed .-. there's invisible orbs going around hitting people. sometimes orbs are meters away and it somehow hits you.....then theres the lvl 1 people trying to watch your raid.....and they count towards the cap, and its an easy grief......first the mechanics of the boss need a good fix, before any nerfs imo... :roll:
Mabon’s Best Rogue
G.O.A.T Vibes
WOKE
I’m banned from bosses I never went to in the first place.

I would love it if the boss was fixed .-. there's invisible orbs going around hitting people. sometimes orbs are meters away and it somehow hits you.....then theres the lvl 1 people trying to watch your raid.....and they count towards the cap, and its an easy grief......first the mechanics of the boss need a good fix, before any nerfs imo... :roll:
Does anyone even know what the cap is? Because it’s clearly not 30.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Just avoid orbs lul
220 Rogue NightDPS :D
Clan: Havoc

Just avoid orbs lul
It’s not that we can’t, it’s that when 3 orbs spawn we half the time they end up spawning on clusters of dps lol. Our normal attempts get us to 50% nowadays with a wipe, and our inability to dps due to orbs is one of the biggest reasons why. Maybe we’re just unlucky with orbs._.

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

- 1 orb until rage, 2 after rage
- Always same orb spawn point but different paths
- Decrease negative energy timer 20 > 10
- Decrease negative energy hits 3x > 2x, 1x
- Decrease hit power of 4* adds
- Increase TP limit to 30 or 35
- Fix invisible orbs
- Prevent griefers abusing TP limit
- Make boss selectable from further range

- Fix invisible orbs
Not gonna happen for as long as Havoc/Epona can prove that it’s killable. Other servers have gotten really close as well proving to VR even more that it could be done. VR clearly said they want this boss to be a challenge, and looking at some of the responses they’ve given it seems they want clans to take a very long time to get this boss down. Only thing VR should be looking at is the possible bugs within the bosses mechanics, although I haven’t seen personally any member of the team come forward and confirm that there are bugs in the mechanics like orbs... possibly hinting towards that everything is intended

Since Schwing said the cap isn’t 30 (where did that number even come from), the next step to take is to find out the real number instead of speculating.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Just avoid orbs lul
It’s not that we can’t, it’s that when 3 orbs spawn we half the time they end up spawning on clusters of dps lol. Our normal attempts get us to 50% nowadays with a wipe, and our inability to dps due to orbs is one of the biggest reasons why. Maybe we’re just unlucky with orbs._.
ive had a few orbs spawn on me and they dont actually give you the debuff until 2ish seconds after they spawn so i have no clue

- Fix invisible orbs
Not gonna happen for as long as Havoc/Epona can prove that it’s killable. Other servers have gotten really close as well proving to VR even more that it could be done. VR clearly said they want this boss to be a challenge, and looking at some of the responses they’ve given it seems they want clans to take a very long time to get this boss down. Only thing VR should be looking at is the possible bugs within the bosses mechanics, although I haven’t seen personally any member of the team come forward and confirm that there are bugs in the mechanics like orbs... possibly hinting towards that everything is intended

Since Schwing said the cap isn’t 30 (where did that number even come from), the next step to take is to find out the real number instead of speculating.
yea makes sense you dont wanna release a new boss then the next day 20 clans are able to kill it instantly that just becomes boring.