Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Dino raid.

What do other servers (mainly the ones that kill dino) do when 3 orbs spawn? Our clan has been doing consistent attempts for the past few weeks now. We can get dino to 70-50% hp with ease now, but as soon as 3 orbs spawn continuously our ability to dps just becomes 0. People are spending so much time running and avoiding orbs that we can hardly dps boss, then it rages. Hell even rage isn’t that bad we’ve managed to keep going with 10 mins into rage. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to avoid the aids of 3 orbs, or at least make it easier?
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

What do other servers (mainly the ones that kill dino) do when 3 orbs spawn? Our clan has been doing consistent attempts for the past few weeks now. We can get dino to 70-50% hp with ease now, but as soon as 3 orbs spawn continuously our ability to dps just becomes 0. People are spending so much time running and avoiding orbs that we can hardly dps boss, then it rages. Hell even rage isn’t that bad we’ve managed to keep going with 10 mins into rage. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to avoid the aids of 3 orbs, or at least make it easier?
Have you tried lvling to 220 and getting godly gear?

Get rid of melee dps and use freeze. Only option lmao
Hi

The boss was always intended to be very challenging not the kind of thing you'd roll over in a few days or even weeks and requiring more organization than previous bosses. That said we're watching progress and it's clearly, demonstrably not impossible using the tools at your disposal. However if it is proving to challenging for to many servers we may reduce the difficulty at some point in the future.
What we’ve seen is that tp happens with 28 people not 30. Have experienced this at multiple attempts. Walked around the entire area/counted each toon individually and we had 28 yet tp was happening. Any idea if this will be fixed?
It has never been set to 30.
Do dead people count towards the number of people in the area? This seems like an issue to me...especially on servers where there are likely to be griefers - whether an opposing endgame clan, or just some random player who just wants to hurt the attempt for some reason or another.

It would make more sense to me for the 30 player limit to only count players that are alive (if it doesn't already).
They don't.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

The boss was always intended to be very challenging not the kind of thing you'd roll over in a few days or even weeks and requiring more organization than previous bosses. That said we're watching progress and it's clearly, demonstrably not impossible using the tools at your disposal. However if it is proving to challenging for to many servers we may reduce the difficulty at some point in the future.
What we’ve seen is that tp happens with 28 people not 30. Have experienced this at multiple attempts. Walked around the entire area/counted each toon individually and we had 28 yet tp was happening. Any idea if this will be fixed?
Do dead people count towards the number of people in the area? This seems like an issue to me...especially on servers where there are likely to be griefers - whether an opposing endgame clan, or just some random player who just wants to hurt the attempt for some reason or another.

It would make more sense to me for the 30 player limit to only count players that are alive (if it doesn't already).
They don't.
Fix giant swing
Hi

They don't.
Ofc it is possible with the tools we have... we did our best attempt this weekend and hit dino pretty hard but we have to rely so heavily on rng still. Some resources available to the servers that kill dino currently aren’t available to every server
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

They don't.
Ofc it is possible with the tools we have... we did our best attempt this weekend and hit dino pretty hard but we have to rely so heavily on rng still. Some resources available to the servers that kill dino currently aren’t available to every server
Like say, idk, consistent RNG that hasn’t screwed over half the game on Bt helms? Some servers getting 10 helms per 100 kills and others getting 4 per 130 is just not valid statistics for finding the average drop rate. Look at the median drop rate and your outliers ._.
“Tools at our disposal” ah yup, those would probably be the godly items you all say only 1-3 people on a server should have. That may be why they aren’t really at our disposal.

This raid was made for a pc game with low player turnover and a massive loot table, all 3 of those variables don’t apply to CH.
ch isn’t a pc game, meaning almost all the players that play are hyper casual mmo fans.
Ch has massive player turnover, meaning that gear needs to keep dropping to actually matter. For example, just because 2 shadow moons have dropped over 6 years, doesn’t mean there are 2 on the server, there are probably 0.
Ch has a small loot table comparatively, meaning making godly drops rare as hell and required to kill stuff at the same time are contradictory ideas.

Dino raid was an awesome idea and I love the effort into doing something different, but why is it so hard for feedback to be taken and dealt with?
I wouldn’t mind the devs throwing stats at me to make me look like an idiot, but instead the entire team has ghosted the forums recently and we have no idea what in the gaston’s Pie is going on around here anymore...

Players want this discussion, even if it means VR through TRANSPARENCY making us look dumb and wrong. Help us get on the same page, and please stop eye rolling over these discussions, saying we don’t know what we are talking about, but never taking the time to explain to your player base.

Edit:
Maybe I’m wrong though, and I just assumed we were supposed to kill the adds and have to dodge orbs and instead we are just supposed to use old game mechanics that were never patched to kill it. Maybe we should try this strat if this is what the raid was designed for...

Last edited by bob the mage on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

They don't.
Thank you so much for addressing some player questions an concerns.
On Morrigan we have been fighting her assuming 30 was the exact cap. But it was always been stated on VR's side in broad terms what the cap is, never exactly. That said at times that we have issues getting teleported some are asked to leave even if they were there out of necessity.

Could you explicitly say what the real number cap is? The latest thing I had seen in regards to this was something along the lines of "Dino's player number tolerance was increased to what players generally already believed it was".

Thank you again so much for any clarity.

Which specific RNG elements are you referring to? Bash should be a lot more consistent since the last change we made, of course there will still always be a small chance of failure.
Help us get on the same page, and please stop eye rolling over these discussions, saying we don’t know what we are talking about, but never taking the time to explain to your player base.
Sorry you feel like that Bob, but I don't see where we've "eye rolled" and said you don't know what you're talking about. As I said before we'll look at tuning it further as it seems to be to much of a difficulty leap for the majority. In terms of giving specifics of mechanics that's unlikely to happen, part of the challenge is working out the best ways to tackle an encounter, many of which we won't have thought of, things like the TP caps are easy to test.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Would be nice to have a book we can open that has what each boss does in a little summary, kinda like how World of Warcraft has the Adventure guide for each raid. Tells you a little bit about the mechanics of the raid so you can plan and strategize before tackling the boss but I dunno what ya'll are capable of doing in a mobile game. :)
220 Rogue NightDPS :D
Clan: Havoc