Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Point system

Hi
Does any clan use point system for bossing?
We use, but this is huge work. Screenshots are needed about clan list when we kill boss. We post them in chat and later someone counting ppl and write it to table.
It's very huge work.
Does anyone know better way or something what can help us? (No roll system, pls)

Maybe developers could make feature for it in game. ( I wish...)
Ty
Dalla Crowder 224 rogue Fingal

Re: Point system

Just give people an x amount of credits for attending then throw that into excel chart and boom highest gets whatever then if u want decay % per month
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Yes, most endgame clans use some sort of DKP system for handing out boss loot. Unfortunately I think the answer to your main question is no - there isn't really an easier way to do it while still keeping it secure and accurate. It's just a side effect of the DKP system in general. If you want to keep careful track of everything, it's going to take a little bit of time.

I don't really think an in-game feature would would work very well. Different clans have slightly different ways of counting points - some track any alts you bring, others don't. Some require you to be at the boss before the first hit in order to count for points, others will allow latecomers to still get either partial or full points. Still other clans give more points for some bosses than for others - or split each boss points up, e.g. you have 4 necro points, 6 gele points, and 1 prot point.
All of those variables means that creating a single standardized point system probably wouldn't work out very well...a lot of clans would probably just ignore it and use their current methods.

For example, a couple years ago a global clock was added to the settings page, with the idea that it would help clans plan things a little more accurately rather than trying to constantly convert different timezones. However, I don't think anyone uses it - most people probably don't even realize it exists.
Now, that could be because it wasn't implemented very well - or simply because it's just not as easy to use for players.
If you use Band, you can export chat to .csv file. That might make it easier to keep track of attendance.
This is a pretty good idea, though it might make it harder as well - some people might not talk, while others may talk way more. It depends on the clan I guess, but I'm sure it makes a good supplement to the normal way of counting.

Another option is to screenshot the clan or area list (works best on an ipad or tablet of some sort - more names can fill the screen at a time). That will give you everyone in the map, which may not necessarily be completely accurate (depending on the zone - someone could be leveling or camping instead of being at the boss), but is a good backup, just in case someone is out of a group and doesn't report in that they were there.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

If u take screenshots of clan page instead of area it comes in alphabetical order, might be easier to add dkp if u don’t do this already. Ofc it doesn’t get rid of all the work but makes it easier when u can move down a list in alphabetical order
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

If you use Guildlaunch, I did write a program so that you can write text indicating the boss/attendees and it’ll parse the text creating an xml block of code so that you can paste it onto Guildlaunch and it’ll automatically create the raids for you (Essentially writing code to generate more code). It also takes care of the different naming conventions of bosses and members’ alts.

I know there’s better programs but that alone took more than 500 lines of code and I don’t have the time to write a super elaborate program! :lol:

Also I’ve never tried but perhaps you can write a ML structure to be able to generate a list of attendees from the screenshots?
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

If you use Guildlaunch, I did write a program so that you can write text indicating the boss/attendees and it’ll parse the text creating an xml block of code so that you can paste it onto Guildlaunch and it’ll automatically create the raids for you (Essentially writing code to generate more code). It also takes care of the different naming conventions of bosses and members’ alts.

I know there’s better programs but that alone took more than 500 lines of code and I don’t have the time to write a super elaborate program! :lol:

Also I’ve never tried but perhaps you can write a ML structure to be able to generate a list of attendees from the screenshots?
My problem is screenshot. I don't wanna write image analyzing software. I can write program if we can export clan list from game to cvs, excel, xml or json. Just need feature what export clan list if i push a button. :)

Or RESTapi for download clan list.
Last edited by foximaxi on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalla Crowder 224 rogue Fingal

Can you make a discord bot to track boss times which have functions like reset time, set remaining time, select call channel for notification, give notification 5 min prior to boss due time, have command to show a list of boss and time remaining till due, auto reset 5 min after due indicting that it was reseted automatically so that users know its not 100 percent accurate time. And stuff like that xD
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

We use band, with attendance at each boss posted into a chat channel. It is then exported as csv, and put through text processing to load into Guildlaunch. And I do mean each boss - we give points for 4 star placeholders on DL on up, to reward the timer keepers. This makes for a huge volume of text.

The tricky part of the text processing is identifying characters from misspelled words (there are lots) and ambiguous names. You wouldn’t believe how common the words “dark”,”death”, “shadow” and “arrows” are.

We looked into screenshots and image processing. There are some very good, free, OCR web services available. But we already had a culture of attendance taking by hand, and so stuck with text processing. Also - attendance taking by hand is more precise than screenshots which just pick up everyone in the area, or the group, or the clan, none of which actually defines those in attendance.