Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Response to griefing

The dominate clans need to lead by example, they set the morals for the server, as they can lock out the minor clans from getting any drops and halt their growth. If the dominate clan is insulting and doing dirty tactics then it will be expected from the minor clans. You cant be the bigger person doing things that paint you in a negative light.
Why should the superior clan have to hold that obligation? So that if you have the numbers they shouldn't have the right to go for the boss at all?
They can do things their way and your clan can do it your way, you cant be setting standards for the opposing clan.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Its not a obligation, it just comes with being the dominate clan. If the minor clans get blocked by dirty tactics, insulted when out locked, they will start playing the same way, they will see the underhandedness as the only way to get ahead.
If you are in the lead, You lead by example, whether it's a bad example or good, is up to how others view you.
One clan cant do it their way if the other wont let them. Killing the boss is a numbers game, but locking is a gear game, and mocking is a attitude game.

If someone has any other intention than to actually kill the boss I would consider it griefing. Locking bosses without the required classes or numbers is included in eyes.
Gele on most servers take >25 toons, every server I have played have included a lot of dual logging. If lock group is multilogging they’re at a big disadvantage compared with the 8 dps. It’s risk losing lock or risk the whole raid. Bosses that have a lot of content should run as smoothly as they can during lock battles.
Previously we’ve had to get our hands dirty to make others realise that wasting people’s time isn’t and shouldn’t be acceptable. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Dom clan or the underdog.

Its not a obligation, it just comes with being the dominate clan. If the minor clans get blocked by dirty tactics, insulted when out locked, they will start playing the same way, they will see the underhandedness as the only way to get ahead.
Unfortunately comp just seems to breed animosity, even though by this stage most people on a server have been in the same clan at some point or another and were previously friends :/

Re the OP tbh I wouldn't count that as griefing. Kinda agree with Ambi3 that griefing only really counts if you don't intend to kill the boss or would also add if you are trying to purposefully wipe a clan after they have locked.
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

Re the OP tbh I wouldn't count that as griefing. Kinda agree with Ambi3 that griefing only really counts if you don't intend to kill the boss or would also add if you are trying to purposefully wipe a clan after they have locked.
You say you wouldn't count it as griefing then say exactly what I was saying is griefing? I am confused lol.

Just for clarification, locking and holding means you lock a boss without intention to kill it, but intention to hold it till it rages so the other clan cannot kill it, you do this over and over wasting hours of time.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

If you are in the lead, You lead by example, whether it's a bad example or good, is up to how others view you.
One clan cant do it their way if the other wont let them. Killing the boss is a numbers game, but locking is a gear game, and mocking is a attitude game.
Nothing comes with being the dominant clan, you’re trying to say they set the standards that you want and you play by that. Reality is they're going to do their own thing dirty or not its within their rights to hold a boss, if they can hold it then tough luck try again next time.
And why do you care how others look at the dominant clan because from your statement you sound like you’re in the “minor” clan so what do you have to worry about? Is it because the dominant clan is doing something your clan suddenly feels the need to copy that tactic and its their fault for making you look bad?
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

You say you wouldn't count it as griefing then say exactly what I was saying is griefing? I am confused lol.
Oh I thought they said they killed it and were just holding until more people logged? Which I would kind of say is a little annoying but part of the game. If they were just there to mess with you then that would be bad.

Edit: totally combined this and the other thread in my head hence the confusion lmao so ya to be clear if people hold then kill a boss I think that's not necessarily a nice move but kind of ok, if people get in the way with no intention to kill or interrupt a kill by another clan to try and make them wipe that's taking it too far.

Tbh I wouldnt ever support griefing as it's not how I play the game so I would find it extremely difficult to justify. I also have been completely put off comp servers in the last year though and would never intentionally play one again as it seems to be impossible for people to have amicable competition.
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

If you dont have enough toons to kill dont go for lock. Thats what i would say.

However most important wish VR reviewed their lock group gets all drops mechanism....
I think they should change it too. Make it like, lock DPS group gets 2 drops, second highest DPS group gets 1 drop even if no lock. It would make lock groups + DPS group viable AND it would improve competition at bosses, would have both clans there for the entire kill.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

If you dont have enough toons to kill dont go for lock. Thats what i would say.

However most important wish VR reviewed their lock group gets all drops mechanism....
I think they should change it too. Make it like, lock DPS group gets 2 drops, second highest DPS group gets 1 drop even if no lock. It would make lock groups + DPS group viable AND it would improve competition at bosses, would have both clans there for the entire kill.
+1

And both clans would help to kill.

There are other options, just dont know how easily they can develop these