Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Let's be realistic

I think the game is fine, but imo vr shud focus on big expansions ( like whole armr sets etc) and make dg easier wud be much better than just add single bosses, maybe entire maps full of bosses, or a big expansion like the towers etc etc, i dont think its the servers fault, there are like what? 10-12 servers that run clans and dkp? And only 1 server that ik of that does rolls..... so yeah it makes sense why epona is the most populated if there was few more dice servers it wouldnt be that poppin, only reason its poppin is cuz people who hate clans, have one choice and its epona
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

Boss-centric maps and new equipments have my vote as well, VR is an expensive project that will appeal only to a small part of the auditory of the game, while everyone can enjoy interesting farming maps and fresh kit. Just don't bring it out too fast, I have to sift through all of this real estate for sale in Cyprus for a corporate client these days, and that's something I'm doing in my """""""free""""""" time, and it's already hard enough not to procrastinate!

There is no “right” way tbh, its all subjective. You find dkp boring, others find it enjoyable and like the grind while also despising a roll based system because they simply hateto depend on luck.

Additionally, some people just seek competition and cannot play a server that doesn’t involve any sort of competition.

Reasons to play completely differ from someone to another. Everyone enjoys something, and there needs to be balance in all, so heading one way and calling it “right/correct” way will result in even more people with preferences I described above to quit, and the game will end up with 3-2 servers instead of 20~ that we currently have.
Well trying to restrict a 100% open world game to me is the wrong way to go about things, simply because it’s 100% open world. Think about all the problems created for dom/comp servers all because a clan or clans tried to restrict the game for players. An open world MMORPG requires more freedom than that to thrive, and Epona is a great example of that. Also I’m not saying Epona doesn’t have problems, but 90% of the problems that arise come from a boss fight and are usually resolved after a small discussion... then people move on like nothing ever happened.

Many servers will say they’re losing more players than gaining while Epona is gaining so many players at such a fast rate that even the game itself can’t keep up (too little boss drops to roll for, too high of a population). It’s very difficult to even get the most basic items, especially for specific classes/builds (I’ve been looking for basic firemage gear for about a month now). It’s common to see 3 pages of players for Mordy and higher, most of which are single loggers.

Also not to mention the way the game’s economy works. It leans towards a free market because with a restricted market there’s really not that much to buy and sell (especially with event lux being a thing in the past)... people love to buy and sell, and where’s the fun when your gold has little buying power resulting in heavily inflated prices on everyday items? People don’t wanna buy chests because there’s no point. With a free market gold is everything as you can buy gear with it, and that encourages people to buy chests and sell its contents so they can get more gold which makes everyday items extremely cheap when compared to other servers.
Maybe. But the descriptions of the game on the app store specifically describes it as competitive and clan VS clan. So OTM had intended competitions between players from the start.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

There is no “right” way tbh, its all subjective. You find dkp boring, others find it enjoyable and like the grind while also despising a roll based system because they simply hateto depend on luck.

Additionally, some people just seek competition and cannot play a server that doesn’t involve any sort of competition.

Reasons to play completely differ from someone to another. Everyone enjoys something, and there needs to be balance in all, so heading one way and calling it “right/correct” way will result in even more people with preferences I described above to quit, and the game will end up with 3-2 servers instead of 20~ that we currently have.
Well trying to restrict a 100% open world game to me is the wrong way to go about things, simply because it’s 100% open world. Think about all the problems created for dom/comp servers all because a clan or clans tried to restrict the game for players. An open world MMORPG requires more freedom than that to thrive, and Epona is a great example of that. Also I’m not saying Epona doesn’t have problems, but 90% of the problems that arise come from a boss fight and are usually resolved after a small discussion... then people move on like nothing ever happened.

Many servers will say they’re losing more players than gaining while Epona is gaining so many players at such a fast rate that even the game itself can’t keep up (too little boss drops to roll for, too high of a population). It’s very difficult to even get the most basic items, especially for specific classes/builds (I’ve been looking for basic firemage gear for about a month now). It’s common to see 3 pages of players for Mordy and higher, most of which are single loggers.

Also not to mention the way the game’s economy works. It leans towards a free market because with a restricted market there’s really not that much to buy and sell (especially with event lux being a thing in the past)... people love to buy and sell, and where’s the fun when your gold has little buying power resulting in heavily inflated prices on everyday items? People don’t wanna buy chests because there’s no point. With a free market gold is everything as you can buy gear with it, and that encourages people to buy chests and sell its contents so they can get more gold which makes everyday items extremely cheap when compared to other servers.
Maybe. But the descriptions of the game on the app store specifically describes it as competitive and clan VS clan. So OTM had intended competitions between players from the start.
It’s because players started being competitive with each other due to a split of some sort. Otm tried their best to cater to the competitive servers but the way this game was built simply doesn’t support something like that. Back in the day the only reason why competition/dom clans worked well was because of event/shop lux... you could buy and sell it, and you didn’t have to raid to obtain some of the best gear.

OTM/VR slowly started to make raid items better than event lux and shop lux and servers started to see inflation because lux was no longer relevant at endgame. Trading is a huge part of this game, it’s a big part in the social interaction which this game is well known for... without lux being relevant and strict restrictions being placed on boss gear, trading becomes extremely dull and gold starts to become meaningless. On belenus I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve been turned down in deals because the seller of the item I wanted didn’t find any value in gold, “I don’t really need gold” became a popular phrase.

OTM/VR are doing right by making raid gear better than lux... being able to simply buy the best gear from a shop over obtaining loot from raiding was never the right way to go. But in doing so it opened the curtains on what this game is really like, and is why Epona shot up in popularity so quickly.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Since around 2015-2016 Celtic Heroes turned into just a social place for me. All the repeated same old mob killing genuinely gets boring if you actively played this game since 2011-2012.. All the events and special things that OTM was making and just the way the ran the game was simple and yet more enjoyable. The game went from multiple events and seasons a year to one big boss where only end game benefits. Remember Garanak Event? Whenever there was 60, 90, 140, 190 bosses so that way it got all the populations and levels involved? Remember sleds? carpets? clouds.. all the creative and simple stuff that was well made and fun. Remember.. coven hats, crowns, Lugh masks and snowman hats and pumpkins hats.. all that stuff was fun and unique and worth the grind. The last time I genuinely invested my time into a hat quest was hunstaman and now it’s all just not appealing to the eye. The game went from 1 amazing design of fashion to multiple designs of bad fashion simply to make the player buy chests more than they used too. I don’t mean to offend anyone with this it’s just my opinion. You can get banned for smallest things which effects the player amounts and makes game scary to play. I played this game on and off since 2011 and if someone said “here is 10m..” I’d gladly take it without thinking that it was from an exploit. It’s stressful sometimes to play this game which shouldn’t be because it’s a game.. it’s supposed to be fun and interesting so that way people invest their time. Another thing is that VR is mainly focusing on end game and probably isn’t thinking that in order to get there you have to go through 1-220 levels to be able and fight those bosses that design to be killed by experienced people that well strategized but there has never been a bosses at 150 level that made a players think so sometimes it comes down to 60 well geared players mass murder a boss. If the raid is designed to be killed by 25-30 people than limit the amount of players can inter the area and make the players sit down and test and work hard to created a strategy. Because any boss can be mass killed and that’s way easier than creating a strategy because outcome is the same and goal is to kill the boss and get the loot. Also just the fact that there has been many things that player base asked since the game came out.. name change, server change, class change, gender change.. which could have been done 3-5 meetings and lots of brain storming on how to make it so that way economy doesn’t get ruined.. like here is an Idea.. make the gear bonded to a server which means whenever a player goes to another server they not able to trade the gear away.. this is just my opinions and views on game.. none of you have to agree on this bevausae it’s my pure opinion

Boss-centric maps and new equipments have my vote as well, VR is an expensive project that will appeal only to a small part of the auditory of the game, while everyone can enjoy interesting farming maps and fresh kit. Just don't bring it out too fast, I have to sift through all of this real estate for sale in Cyprus for a corporate client these days, and that's something I'm doing in my """""""free""""""" time, and it's already hard enough not to procrastinate!
PvP expansion and new zone is the only way! :D
:POP:
Rosmerta
Level 222 Warrior and Druid
Cooking level191
Clan Oasis
YT: SaltyRuneProductions
YT: Seasalt Celtic Heroes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA0_s ... nVGiO53qyQ
:POP:

I use to play alot a couple years ago. I have gave all my stuff away but today or tomorrow I plan to restart my journey. Is it actually worth even trying? Will this game close down, or shut down, basically go. I'm not a plat buyer and I want to go end game. Is it realistic. When do you guys think the game will close down. Is it actually worth trying too even start up completely fresh. I'm thinking of starting on rosmerta. I'm not paying real money. Let me know and dont beat around the bush just be honest
If you like the game, just play and have fun. I love CELTIC HEROES so im playing and enjoying without worrying if the G.O.A.T game will shut down today or tommorrow.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

I use to play alot a couple years ago. I have gave all my stuff away but today or tomorrow I plan to restart my journey. Is it actually worth even trying? Will this game close down, or shut down, basically go. I'm not a plat buyer and I want to go end game. Is it realistic. When do you guys think the game will close down. Is it actually worth trying too even start up completely fresh. I'm thinking of starting on rosmerta. I'm not paying real money. Let me know and dont beat around the bush just be honest
If you like the game, just play and have fun. I love CELTIC HEROES so im playing and enjoying without worrying if the G.O.A.T game will shut down today or tommorrow.
Buddy, I am starting to think that you are a burner account for VR trying to keep up morale on the forums...

It's obvious why Epona has a high population, for the last 4-5 years since Lugh went dom it was the only option for people who wanted a luck/gold based system rather than an effort based one. If you want an effort based one you get diluted between 17 different servers rather than just having the one option.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here