Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Necro posting

What's the harm in necro posting?

In my opinion It revives a certain topics and not make duplicate of the same topic every year or so.
And that's a positive and doesn't make any harm.
Try to enjoy and don't forget it's a game so smile and let go
Epona toons:
DoctorHeals (druid)(lvl 222)
DoctorFlames(mage)(lvl 221+)
DoctorPoison(rogue)(lvl 210+)
DoctorShield(warrior)(lvl 210+)
Crom toons:
Madcombo (rogue)(lvl 205+)

Re: Necro posting

Relevance. Chances are many things sad on the post may not be relevant; situation, people, status of the game or servers, etc.

If there’s been a full fledged conversation about something that came to a natural end, and you are truly interested in revisiting it years later, start a new post and reference it at the beginning.

Personally, I don’t want to read through 3 pages of comments made in 2016, for what your one post is trying to highlight.

Consistency. For the very few times a Necro post is reasonable, there are quite a few that don’t make sense. Consistency in moderation just makes it easier for there to be a set expectation. Old idea and discussion? Start a fresh one.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

They often depend upon outdated information, which can be very confusing if you don't know what happened in the mean time (updates, bug fixes, major server power changes, etc. just situational). This is easier to do than address every topic subjectively, and if you really need the info from the old topic, you can link to the old topic and address new info.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Relevance. Chances are many things sad on the post may not be relevant; situation, people, status of the game or servers, etc.

If there’s been a full fledged conversation about something that came to a natural end, and you are truly interested in revisiting it years later, start a new post and reference it at the beginning.

Personally, I don’t want to read through 3 pages of comments made in 2016, for what your one post is trying to highlight.

Consistency. For the very few times a Necro post is reasonable, there are quite a few that don’t make sense. Consistency in moderation just makes it easier for there to be a set expectation. Old idea and discussion? Start a fresh one.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

The game has changed a lot over the years, and while some topics and discussions are still relevant today, most aren't. As such, to make things easier and less confusing for everyone, just make a new topic. Feel free to refer back to older posts for context if necessary, just don't make them the main point of the post.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

[moved to off topic]

How is this off topic?
And how exactly do you choose which topic goes where...?
Epona toons:
Crom toons:

Yea what I am talking about is those "few times" I see lots of good topics gets locked because it's an old one, doesn't always mean old is bad or misinformed, some could still be relevant.

And for the consistency part its not all good, change isn't bad...
Epona toons:
Crom toons: