Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Harassment at bosses

Is there a policy on intentional disruptions at bosses other than verbal? Like if a multiple of people were involved from another clan doing things within the game mechanics to stop other clans from killing bosses. Also I was curious how VR would handle these situations if recordings of the disruptions were submitted as evidence.

Re: Harassment at bosses

Griefing using game mechanics is technically fine but extremely rude, using glitches to reset boss and stuff isn't
I tend to agree with you. Was just hoping to see their official stand on it.
That pretty much is their official stance on it, from what I remember them saying in the past. They won’t try and micromanage every little aspect of the game...and that is very much a good thing. As long as players are following the terms of service, and not abusing any glitches or bugs, it’s not really their business whether other players want to compete dirty for bosses.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Griefing using game mechanics is technically fine but extremely rude, using glitches to reset boss and stuff isn't
If the intention is to create a hostile gaming environment or disrupt the gaming experience of others, it is against the ToS regardless if players used game mechanics or not. A prime example is players that drag spirits at necro and intentionally stand in the life steal range with the intention of trying to prevent the other clan from downing necro. And, no, the example wasn't aimed at anyone specific, but just an example of being able to use game mechanics that can possibly get one warned or banned.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

If the intention is to create a hostile gaming environment or disrupt the gaming experience of others, it is against the ToS regardless if players used game mechanics or not. A prime example is players that drag spirits at necro and intentionally stand in the life steal range with the intention of trying to prevent the other clan from downing necro. And, no, the example wasn't aimed at anyone specific, but just an example of being able to use game mechanics that can possibly get one warned or banned.
I feel like a lot of scenarios like this are on a case by case basis though.

Is the other clan able to compete for the boss, and are interfering so that it can reset and they can have another go at it?
Or are there just a few people in the losing clan sticking around just to make life hard for the clan that won the lock - where if the boss is reset, the losing clan won't even try to compete, the interference is only out of spite.

The first one is quite rude, and a lot of it would make the server very frustrating for a lot of people (but also interesting at the same time, if it's done well). However, I wouldn't necessarily say that the intention would be to create a hostile gaming environment - it's multiple clans using game mechanics to compete in a more complex manner than simply throwing as much damage at the boss as possibly in the first couple minutes. Of course, I wouldn't really want to be on that kind of server - I'm not a super competitive person, which is why it's nice that most servers don't have that mindset. However, that doesn't in and of itself mean that it is wrong.
The second is definitely only done with the intention of making the game frustrating for the players, so I would agree that would fit under creating a hostile gaming environment.

I think another situation with possibly similar methods is "ksing" on elixir. If two people are leveling in the same area together, they are not "ksing" each other, they are just competing for the same mobs. Is it a bad idea and usually leads to hurt feelings? Yup. Is it something that deserves the other person being reported? Not at all. However if it's just a person following you around with the sole intent of preventing you from lixing, that's a different situation.

I personally think of griefing as being done with the sole intent of ruining the game experience (causing grief) for a certain player or group of players. As such, I don't think that necessarily makes all types of interference at a boss "griefing".
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

What is VR's stance on a player constantly throwing f-bombs at someone and calling them the "c" word repeatedly?
This is pretty spelled out in the harrassment policy, verbal language, cursing, racist, sexist, religious comments. I was looking for more of how they deal with stuff like zyz said. To be specific it's been happening at gele. But I wont go into detail cuz I dont want this thread to devolve into insults

At 210 yesterday, someone from one of our comp clans(you know which clan I'm referring to since there's only us and 2 others) started pulling adds on us to wipe us because we had a small group with no tank, he continued to do it the entire boss and there is nothing we can do since it's impossible to decide what someone's intentions are on your own

What is VR's stance on a player constantly throwing f-bombs at someone and calling them the "c" word repeatedly?
Lol targeting me because I cursed out the person who started pulling adds on us? And how is one use of each word considered constant? Shut up

Edit: my exact response to the add pulling was "stop pulling f****** adds on us, we don't do it to you guys, you're acting like a real c***" and I apologized to everyone else in the area for my use of language due to my having been annoyed so badly