Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

Re: Global Tavern

I wouldn’t mind a cross server auction house in the tavern
That would be a pretty dumb idea
Please explain
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I hope eventually they add a functioning bar so I can actually get drunk in game._.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I hope eventually they add a functioning bar so I can actually get drunk in game._.
Yes plz

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

I wouldn’t mind a cross server auction house in the tavern
Please explain
Although it might be good for lixes and other plat items, my main issue would be with EG drops. As some servers such as epona can buy and sell drops freely (As far as I'm aware) where others much like my own are quite strict on drops. Then it becomes someone can buy BT drops or other bosses without ever killing the boss. So people get rewarded and helped on one server by the work of another server. Although I am from a dom clan so comp clans might like that but it seems unfair to me.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Everyone talking about cross server trading is missing a big consideration when talking about economy shocks and recoveries. This consideration is 1) who gets the negatives from the shocks, and 2) who gets the benefits from the recovery.
In this case, like with almost everything, the two groups are not the same. Servers like Epona will crumble rather quickly as almost all of their loot gets sold off world, as its value is higher overall than what it goes for on Epona, meanwhile servers like Arawn and Rosmerta that are super closed off will benefit heavily since gear will flow in at cheap prices.
In this, epona suffers, arawn and Rosmerta flourish. This is the issue; while yes benefits are seen in the long run, and yes they may be “net benefits,” which I would say all economic evidence would suggest otherwise, but suppose they are, the benefits will be going to servers/players that don’t need them and wiping out other servers/players from access to game gear.
That's purely speculative. I know from experience from the Dom server I play on that Dom players never buy gear with gold. Why would they when they can do so using their attendance? On servers where the majority of people are in a Dom clan, most would not buy gear from the market. It just doesn't make sense.

If Epona prices go up as u say (which are not cheap by any means for low tier eg and super expensive for top eg) then why would other servers see all that gear flow into there?

Your claim that Epona will crumble is completely unfounded.

Please explain
Although it might be good for lixes and other plat items, my main issue would be with EG drops. As some servers such as epona can buy and sell drops freely (As far as I'm aware) where others much like my own are quite strict on drops. Then it becomes someone can buy BT drops or other bosses without ever killing the boss. So people get rewarded and helped on one server by the work of another server. Although I am from a dom clan so comp clans might like that but it seems unfair to me.
It requires gold to even buy such items, so effort is being put in. It is not your call as to whether or not someone is deserving of an items. That's like Tim cook telling someone, 'hey, I know u payed 1500$ for that new iPhone but u didn't take part in it's creation so u don't deserve it'

Please explain
It requires gold to even buy such items, so effort is being put in. It is not your call as to whether or not someone is deserving of an items. That's like Tim cook telling someone, 'hey, I know u payed 1500$ for that new iPhone but u didn't take part in it's creation so u don't deserve it'
That wasn't my point at all nor did I ever say its my call if they are deserving of a drop. If VR wants to take this game in a direction where people can just buy plat and have everything handed to them then so be it. That would completely take away the effort put in by many clans in the first place.

That analogy is way off but helps your point so you used it. I said what I wanted to say and this is already off topic as is.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

The biggest issue with the cross server auction house is that it will never really work for gear if other servers continue to refuse to sell drops. Epona will be sucked dry and the flow of gold will slow down for the server. I personally think it would be best if other servers allowed the selling of drops (if global auction was made) because it would benefit the game economy as a whole. As of right now gold has hardly any buying power like it should have on many servers because there’s simply not enough things to buy, which causes inflation. It’s why you see things on Epona being sold for dirt cheap when compared with other servers. When gold has more buying power people are tempted to buy more and more chests, which makes plat items cheaper which makes everyone better off.

That wasn't my point at all nor did I ever say its my call if they are deserving of a drop. If VR wants to take this game in a direction where people can just buy plat and have everything handed to them then so be it. That would completely take away the effort put in by many clans in the first place.

That analogy is way off but helps your point so you used it. I said what I wanted to say and this is already off topic as is.
You said people get drops based off work from other servers and that you are against that. That could only mean you think they don't deserve those drops. If that chain of thought could lead to any other conclusion, please let me know because I don't see it.

Not everyone who has gold earned it by just buying a whole lot of plat so that's an unfair assumption.

The effort put in by clans would not be wasted. Whether the end result is a bank of gear or gold from sold gear, it's still productive use of a clan's abilities.