Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

225+ mobs?

Just making a post here the “what-if” scenario that the developers have mobs going up to lvl 225+ in the new area and the new boss would be 225+. (Along with 225+ bounties)

It would definitely have a rejuvenation of members as everyone would rush to the new area to start lixing to get to 225, buying plat for chests and lixes, and also encouraging others to get 225 to do maximum damage on the new boss.

Based on the company standpoint, this would sound like a great idea. Although I’ll be interested to see what the rest of the community would think of it IF they added now or sometime in the future.

Re: 225+ mobs?

Just making a post here the “what-if” scenario that the developers have mobs going up to lvl 225+ in the new area and the new boss would be 225+. (Along with 225+ bounties)

It would definitely have a rejuvenation of members as everyone would rush to the new area to start lixing to get to 225, buying plat for chests and lixes, and also encouraging others to get 225 to do maximum damage on the new boss.

Based on the company standpoint, this would sound like a great idea. Although I’ll be interested to see what the rest of the community would think of it IF they added now or sometime in the future.
I believe the highest boss level will always remain the same as the highest mob level, as to make it so people can reach the same level and have no damage reduction or else it would be a rllllly hard boss
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Every time a new area is suggested with higher level mobs and bosses, very few are for this as the community overall feels that there is already too much leveling involved and this was before all the cooking and fishing. When OTM raised the level cap a couple years back, there were a lot of angry players. There are a lot of things the developers can do to give this game more things to do while staying away from mindlessly consuming xp lix and attacking the same old, tired reskinned mobs.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I’m personally not against this, as I’m one of the weirdos that actually finds levelling quite fun / therapeutic despite having levelled a few toons, but from a community standpoint there would almost definitely be outrage. I know I said something similar in our clan chat recently and the vast majority of our clannies became instantly riled up and behaved like I’d smacked their child, and that’s one clan on one server.

Definitely a few other expansion avenues that would be more popular in the community than this imo.
General, LazyDrunks of Herne

SoloArtist - 220 Ranger, Full DG, T10 CG OH
Dracarys Istari - 222 Ice Mage
Elarya - 220 Druid
That Tickles - 215 Warrior
True Hubris - 200 Rogue

Higher level mobs or bosses doesn't mean better content. Those 5 more levels really aren't going to make any difference, since most of the community is against it anyway I don't really see the benefit. Instead they should do something like a faction level requirement to go to a certain area, if you reach say faction lvl4 of either faction you get a new quest for access to a new area.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

I agree with Zyz - the only way I would appreciate an increased level cap (soft or hard) is if the xp curve was significantly rebalanced as well. It's already crazy to expect players to grind for 2+ hours for a single level as they get close to endgame, increasing the cap even more will just be a lot more effort for very little gain...IMO CH has already shot itself in the foot by releasing the gardens as the latest large update. Focusing on vertical content rather than horizontal content is a recipe for disaster...once you hit the top, then what?

Yes, increasing the cap to 225 will make players excited for a couple weeks...then they hit the new cap, and it goes back to how it was before the update. Even a new endgame boss would only lead to months of players complaining about how the "drop rates are broken", "the boss is too hard", "the drops suck" etc...just think back to what has happened with BT since the Gardens were released last year.

I would much rather see VR's focus be on implementing horizontal content (like crafting, more side quests, more gear options) and rebalancing existing content (energy/hp regen and skills). Honestly, I'm not really excited about the new area at the moment...at the moment, I'm just waiting for any information at all to see what it may include. The most common assumption seems to be that it's an extension to endgame...I surely hope that isn't the case. There's no point in it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Tbh, as someone who really hates how leveling is in this game.. I wouldn’t mind 225+ mobs. Honestly I wouldn’t mind mobs going up to the hard cap. There’s already level 230+ Players so why not just make mobs going up to the hard cap (240 I think?). Once at that point just stop exp gain all together. Since level lock was changed for 221+ there really is no down side to it.

However, bosses/gear should remain at 220 maximum. 220 should remain as the official endgame, while everything else 221+ is simply post endgame content which is something players would appreciate.

And yes, as mentioned previously, the xp curve needs some reworking
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The original intention for Bloodthorn Helms were 225 (which of course is a bad idea because there were no mobs at lvl 225)

Nonetheless, if the developers actually “added” mobs at 225 to lix on and then have gear requirements at 225...

Considering one can get to 225 in a month of bounties and dailies I don’t rly see a point. I’d rather see the new boss be 225 and it’s adds 225 but leave 220 top level for non 5 or 6 star mobs.
If 225 mobs added people can lix easily to 230, making it that much quicker to reach the hard cap.

I’m indifferent overall, but don’t see any real reason for this past extra convenience to players who are too lazy to do 15 minutes of bounties once a day and would rather lix it.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at