Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Updates Information

Is it possible please to get each month (say beginning of the month) a post from VR in the forum that describes whats in plan for that specific month?

-2 resets for support reason
- update
- bug fix
- event

This way we dont have to ask all the time in the forum for the next update event etc.

Also any new players that visit the forum will see that the game is live and updating often (and not a dead game running as is)

Re: Updates Information

Is it possible please to get each month (say beginning of the month) a post from VR in the forum that describes whats in plan for that specific month?

-2 resets for support reason
- update
- bug fix
- event

This way we dont have to ask all the time in the forum for the next update event etc.

Also any new players that visit the forum will see that the game is live and updating often (and not a dead game running as is)
I like the idea behind it, but I doubt they know guaranteed information that far in advance. Bugs are not usually planned, in my experience lol. For example, let’s take support reasons/bug fixes. Let’s say that a super massive bug appears where there’s an issue with bosses not dropping anything. Do you want them to wait until the next month so that they can give players advance notice of a reset to fix it? Or how about a more minor example, maybe there’s a bug that prevents trading in certain scenarios, or a bug that allows for item duplication under certain scenarios...would you want those issues to stay in the game after they have already created a fix for them, simply for player convenience?

Regardless of your answer to that question, the actual answer is no....if there is a big issue, such as a security issue or game breaking bug, VR ain’t gonna let players sit with it if they have a fix ready to go. This has come up several times in the past, where VR announces a reset only a few hours before it happens. Sometimes, they don’t have a choice....they need to get it out asap, and don’t know in advance when the fix will be ready. Now, for small issues, it’s possible they will hold off on those and release them with a larger update.

Bug fixes aside, for actual content updates and events, they do tend to give advance notice. For example, it’s been known for a few months now that the next content update is planned for April-Mayish. They aren’t usually very specific about dates and information ahead of time (which is why there hasn’t been an announcement yet), simply because plans change, even at the last minute. Let’s say they make an announcement now that the next update will be released on April 25th, what happens if they find a large bug with some of the new content on the 22nd, and it takes a couple days to fix itand retest?

It’s better to only name dates when you are confident it will be ready to go at that date, which is why announcing updates a month or so in advance isn’t really a good idea.

As for asking constantly for information...that’s not necessary in the first place lol. If VR has solid information to give us, they will give it to us.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I would love to see some dev dairies.
Yeah, like milk, cheese, all that good stuff. Good for your digestive system too. Make it happen, VR!
Mmm I’m lack toes and tolerant so I’m gonna say -1

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Of course things are always subject to change but a mild dairy would be great to be honest.
I know it is hard to tie people down and if you say one thing and it’s late everyone jumps so hard.

However trickles of information keep people sane :)
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Of course things are always subject to change but a mild dairy would be great to be honest.
I know it is hard to tie people down and if you say one thing and it’s late everyone jumps so hard.

4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

Lolololol

Is that even a meme ;)
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +