Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Changing Names

Okay so theres an easy way to fool proof this.

Name history that lasts for a year
Old name cannot be taken
Shows a numbered ID next to your name, unique to every toon.
Like some said ( ) of old name until a year later it goes away and should be enough to have people get used to you

So much more things im not taking notice of that could help prevent scammers. People already fall for similar names this wouldnt make it any worse if these exact actions were taken. Heck the numbered ID would make it even harder to trick people almost like a discord tag. Proteus Prime#72837. Cant change it nope.
Would this show in game or would it be just an ID that only VR would see? I’d think that most players would prefer just their toon name and clan showing in game. Otherwise I think this would be a great addition!
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Old name cannot be taken
Like some said ( ) of old name until a year later it goes away and should be enough to have people get used to you

So much more things im not taking notice of that could help prevent scammers. People already fall for similar names this wouldnt make it any worse if these exact actions were taken. Heck the numbered ID would make it even harder to trick people almost like a discord tag. Proteus Prime#72837. Cant change it nope.
Would this show in game or would it be just an ID that only VR would see? I’d think that most players would prefer just their toon name and clan showing in game. Otherwise I think this would be a great addition!

It would be maybe attached to their gear page and in trades otherwise not above their head but everything negotiable since its just a simple concept that can be filled in detail later.

Old name cannot be taken

It would be maybe attached to their gear page and in trades otherwise not above their head but everything negotiable since its just a simple concept that can be filled in detail later.
+1
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

+1
I'd love like a tag that was specific. That'd be nice. I'd love to change my Rogues name to Songz to Warsong like my original toons name.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

I'd like this. I have an embarrassing name on my druid and don't want the attention it draws anymore. But, only if there was a visible thing next to your name or character that tells all others you've changed your name, only if your previous name was kept in the database so no one could take it and pretend to be you, and only if when someone clicks on you to check your gear it would have all your previous names on your profile so people could see who you've been in the past.

People have had their names changed by otm before, some were inappropriate which is understandable, though I’ve seen named changed to remove numbers, and others to completely change the name of the character. I have no idea why they were allowed to do so though my request, though possible and would’ve caused no issue to my identity, was denied. Scamming and changing names is a clear issue yea, though creating a new toon isn’t hard and from cases on epona, they give themselves away with small stupid mistakes. Scammers, if they want to keep playing the game, will always make new toons so it isn’t much more different than getting a name change, if anything changing the name will give their old identity away more than starting from scratch
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger