Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Celtic Heroes Iron Man Challenge

It's "possible", but it's going to take you LONG.
You can't sigil, you can't travel fast, you'll always respawn at ley, you won't progress further than dl, perhaps not even frozen cause you can't solo the bosses with bad gear, which you'll ultimately end up with as you won't do trades and can't solo bosses that give decent gear without getting decent gear in the first place. You're dps will be bad because you don't have any premium items so you'll have to invest points in things you would usually not have as many points in.

Long story short, you're trying to solo play a game that almost completely relies on the social aspect.
I wish you good luck but there are so many factors add up and will work against you that it becomes almost impossible. I hope to see you reach 220 in 2030 though.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

You can't sigil, you can't travel fast, you'll always respawn at ley, you won't progress further than dl, perhaps not even frozen cause you can't solo the bosses with bad gear, which you'll ultimately end up with as you won't do trades and can't solo bosses that give decent gear without getting decent gear in the first place. You're dps will be bad because you don't have any premium items so you'll have to invest points in things you would usually not have as many points in.

Long story short, you're trying to solo play a game that almost completely relies on the social aspect.
I wish you good luck but there are so many factors add up and will work against you that it becomes almost impossible. I hope to see you reach 220 in 2030 though.
Did he say he wouldn’t ever buy BP expands? For me the impossible part is he can’t ever get hot bar slots.
They are small but boy are they needed at EG.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Did he say he wouldn’t ever buy BP expands? For me the impossible part is he can’t ever get hot bar slots.
Oh no he can get leystone fragments and he never said anything about not doing plat offers.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Oh no he can get leystone fragments and he never said anything about not doing plat offers.
Can always just buy Bp expands and sigils from players as well, this is what the majority do.
Bob The God

The purpose of playing a game (any game) is to have fun. I don't see any fun in what you're contemplating doing. The game will hinder you and test your resolve anyway, either you want it or not , so it's a pretty pointless challenge. Besides, you won't get any rewards out of doing that. You, my friend, are either obsessed with Marquis De Sade's philosophy of life or you're the most masochistic player in this community. In either case pick a Druid. This class is an embodiment of everything you want from this game.

Welcome, by the way!
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

It partially depends on the class that is chosen. Druid/Ranger/Warrior would probably be best for this challenge (especially thinking ahead to trying to kill bosses solo). Rangers also tend to need the least in terms of lux in my experience. I think Mages and Rogues are both a little too squishy to play in this format.

The whole fuss over hot bar slots doesn't make much sense for me. It's possible to play without hotbar expansions, even up to endgame. In my experience, the only time it gets difficult is if you start to use more than 5 skills, which doesn't happen very often. (5 skills, mount skill, pet skill, restos/food). I can't really think of anything else that is desperately needed enough to make it "impossible". Yes it's handy to be able to hotswap gear like OG mounts and normal weapons, but it saves what, 5 seconds? Maybe 10 max? (if you have a slow device and/or a massive amount of items).

I agree that at endgame, hastes and dmg foods, as well as any gear skills or alternate gear is all good to have immediately at hand. However, I wouldn't say that it would be impossible to play without hotbar slots. Plus, I think that for this challenge...worrying about hotbar slots is probably the least of their concerns for the immediate future. Once they get to midgame they can worry about it :) .
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

There’s no beneficial quests except bounty and gladiator between 150-180.

That means without lix you are spending all your time killing tiny xp mobs

Say at 170, you get 4-5 bars per 4x lix and around 2-3 bars from a set of dailies
That’s a minimum of 6 bars daily
. Though if we take lix away every HOUR you gain 4 bar. That would take you 2 (+2 dailies) hours minimum per level.

Man, this is just midgame. It gets worse. I don’t know if this is even possible. Firbolgs crush most people without good gear alone. Snorri pit is impossible with poor gear and alone. Tower requires quests that need bosses so that’s out the window

At most you could progress to ~190 but that would take years
Last edited by Thefreeze on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It partially depends on the class that is chosen. Druid/Ranger/Warrior would probably be best for this challenge (especially thinking ahead to trying to kill bosses solo). Rangers also tend to need the least in terms of lux in my experience. I think Mages and Rogues are both a little too squishy to play in this format.

The whole fuss over hot bar slots doesn't make much sense for me. It's possible to play without hotbar expansions, even up to endgame. In my experience, the only time it gets difficult is if you start to use more than 5 skills, which doesn't happen very often. (5 skills, mount skill, pet skill, restos/food). I can't really think of anything else that is desperately needed enough to make it "impossible". Yes it's handy to be able to hotswap gear like OG mounts and normal weapons, but it saves what, 5 seconds? Maybe 10 max? (if you have a slow device and/or a massive amount of items).

I agree that at endgame, hastes and dmg foods, as well as any gear skills or alternate gear is all good to have immediately at hand. However, I wouldn't say that it would be impossible to play without hotbar slots. Plus, I think that for this challenge...worrying about hotbar slots is probably the least of their concerns for the immediate future. Once they get to midgame they can worry about it :) .
My arawn mage for example was using 8 skills, hotswapping for each, plus pet, mount, weapon, and offhand skill. I had 4 pages just for skills I used regularly and their corresponding swaps.
Of course this isn’t necessary to play, however at end game I can’t see people just using 1 page successfully and using the full extent of their toon.
Bob The God

This actually is a decent question. What if somebody wanted to progress to near-endgame without any platinum?

They're stuck with 10 inventory slots, 20 bank spaces and 8 hotbar slots with no available way to purchase them through the bounty shop or even by earning them from a specific level up reward or quest.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown