Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New mage

Wow, I’m actually impressed. The name came from the Magyk series 6 years ago when I first came to CH. nobody has ever figured that out. Round of applause.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

Ok, thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I can myself along now. Also, those attunements are coming in real handy, special thanks to you Son. Good detective skills. Have you ever happened to read the spooks series? That's the original title, I think now some call it the last apprentice. Anyway your name just gives me that vibe. It also makes me think of the Magyk series, but that's less likely you'd have read it I think.

Still, if anyone wants to continue to add stuff go ahead, I'm always looking for new gear on epona so feel free to hit me up.
:shock: I’ve read both those series :shock:
Don’t think I got to the last few books of last apprentice but I finished magyk if I remember correctly.

As for the cloak of fire question, exactly what eragon said, also it’s not in my guide because I forgot it :oops:
I’ll have to add it in later.
A level 50 cloak of fire works great for power leveling up till around level 100, but to cast it on yourself it just doesn’t do enough damage.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Wow, I’m actually impressed. The name came from the Magyk series 6 years ago when I first came to CH. nobody has ever figured that out. Round of applause.
Is the Magyk series related to Septimus Heap? I'm pretty sure I brought that up with you at some point over the years lol.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Is the Magyk series related to Septimus Heap? I'm pretty sure I brought that up with you at some point over the years lol.
Yes
Question wasn’t directed at me but .-. :geek:
Bob The God

Okay, maybe you mentioned it Era, I really don’t remember a ton from my time in Sulis. Also, pierce lure is quite a fantastic skill for lixing with a rogue or ranger, you might find that useful in the long run, though it may cost you a bit on most servers.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

It's funny, I almost didn't mention magyk because I thought it was too obscure and the spooks series is better known (I think). I actually read both series as they were being written so I had to wait as they came out, and only finished the last books a few years later when they were all out and I knew the series would be over so I wouldn't have to go back to read it again.

It seems like Bob, you also have to go back to finish Spooks. Did you finish the first series, (books 1-13) or do you only have to read the second one (books 14-16)? I have to say it's a hectic ending, though they do resolve most of the plot points it's hard to keep track as it's less clear than the first books where there were only a few points to keep track of but they were usually very tense, and well done and could take many books. They do resolve the biggest one, Tom and Alice, which I think was one of the best parts of the whole series, as their story was so tense and uncertain, but it is not done justice in the end unfortunately.

Sorry for derailing the topic.

So back on topic, I'm wondering how pets compare to mounts. Is it usually better to get one first or does it matter? Also how useful is it to get the four token one vs the first (1 token) as the one isn't even twice as good as the other, but cost four times as much?

Since you can trade them for half the tokens does anyone know if you get 1 token for a 1 token mount/pet or do they round down to zero?

Finally, is there any reason to get an eagle over a bunny or no?

Thanks

So back on topic, I'm wondering how pets compare to mounts. Is it usually better to get one first or does it matter? Also how useful is it to get the four token one vs the first (1 token) as the one isn't even twice as good as the other, but cost four times as much?

Since you can trade them for half the tokens does anyone know if you get 1 token for a 1 token mount/pet or do they round down to zero?

Thanks
I’d usually recommend mounts over pets because of the speed boost....but the downside with mounts is that if you die while having it equipped, you have to return to the stables in Farcrag and pay 100g to return the mount (or wait for 60 minutes for it to come back). If you do get a mount, I’d recommend being careful to unequip it before starting combat and leveling, so that you don’t lose it if you happen to die.

Pets are beneficial too though. The bunny is very good because the skill heals you and regens some energy...plus the stats on the bunny are pretty helpful.

I recommend getting the lowest tier mount or pet. The difference between tiers isn’t that big, and it’s way more cost effective to get the lowest tier.

You aren’t able to return in a level 1 mount/pet for 1 token.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Thanks
I’d usually recommend mounts over pets because of the speed boost....but the downside with mounts is that if you die while having it equipped, you have to return to the stables in Farcrag and pay 100g to return the mount (or wait for 60 minutes for it to come back). If you do get a mount, I’d recommend being careful to unequip it before starting combat and leveling, so that you don’t lose it if you happen to die.

Pets are beneficial too though. The bunny is very good because the skill heals you and regens some energy...plus the stats on the bunny are pretty helpful.

I recommend getting the lowest tier mount or pet. The difference between tiers isn’t that big, and it’s way more cost effective to get the lowest tier.

Ok, so eagles aren't really as good as bunny's?

Thanks

Ok, so eagles aren't really as good as bunny's?
Ya, I would also recommend bunny over eagle.
Eagle isn’t awful, but the damage it provides isn’t anything significant unfortunatly, and it doesn’t come near the utility of the bunny.
Bob The God