Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Update on current performance issues

Greetings Heroes,

I'd like to apologize to those of you who are currently having performance issues or experiencing crashes. Here's a quick update to let you know what the situation is, and the steps we're taking to resolve it.

As you know the Unity update was essential to being able to create future content, it pretty much required the rebuilding of the entire game, in many ways a more challenging job than creating a new game due to the many years of patches and inter dependencies that needed to be navigated. Would some more time to work on it have been beneficial? Probably. However we felt it was important that you saw progress as soon as possible.

The problem and the solution

The good news is that we've identified the issue, it's related to memory usage being inflated by an interaction between the User Interface and Unity 2018, this means that some players will experience crashes or low frame rate, and others on some newer devices will find the game runs hot.
We are now working on a solution to optimize the UI and to enable all players to get back in the game. In the very short term we have submitted an update to allow players on older devices to access the game. Over the next few weeks we'll be working to rewrite the UI code in order to improve frame rate and reduce battery load and heat. The current plan is to see 2-3 updates over the next few weeks, possibly one today if the build is approved in time.

How you can help

Please report any issues in the bug section of the forum, be sure to include your device and operating system, the more reports we have the more it helps us to fix the problems.

Double Plat and XP event

We will work to ensure that no one who is affected by these issues misses out on double plat, and will also be running an XP event in future to help players catch up who have missed out on playtime.We'll release more details about this next week.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Re: Update on current performance issues

Now that you’re rewriting the UI can you please redesign the skills section. We should be able to customize how many skills we want to display on our hot bar. 8 skills per page is too few and there is definitely room for more.
Last edited by Jake on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

This is super frustrating. I play in Gwydon and I can’t join my clan to play on the new update as my device(iPhone 6s) just crashes. Therefore not only am I missing out on killing bosses at reset, I’m now missing out on double plat and unable to enjoy the new content.
Maybe I should be spending my money elsewhere?

Rushing the update was a mistake, in my opinion.

I understand that you guys have to eat, but this wasn't the way to go.

Thanks for the update on what's going on, though. I look forward to being able to raid and cook again. :)
Last edited by voltagebinary on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

Appreciate the update Schwing, being Thanksgiving and all Im Thankful for the work put in by developers.

Now to the situation, I play on a 5s. Cannot play period. Use my Laptop (Bluestacks to remotely run.)

Hell, I’m not whining about it though. This update was not rushed as in Beta it actually ran seamlessly, on this very device.

People should learn to control their addictions, and instead of threatening to spend money elsewhere or dwelling on how terrible of a job VR is doing, take a step back and take it all in.

In just a few short months they have pushed out an Engine Update. No, not a content Update, which would probably be a lot easier. But an ENGINE Update. Actually, they included content in here too.

How many of you are enjoying the Global Arena?

These problems, again, were not present in Beta but are now present in Live, and at mass scale. Consider the fact that VR is doing a great job on communicating with us whilst simultaneously working on the Update.

Also keep in mind, these advancements are are at a much faster rate than previously before.

If you want to slander the company, couple things;

1) Put your money where your mouth is. If you can’t do better or remotely give any suggestions, posting hate propaganda is pointless.

It simply stresses the company out, makes you look like a fool, and achieves no end goal.

2) Threats to boycott, spend money elsewhere, or leave CH are pointless.

Being as probably the most advanced MMO on phones today, and rapidly growing, the loss of one player that continuously spews garbage actually reduces the stress of VR having to deal with it.

Do you think Schwing or other VR members wake up excited to read hate mail or give board warnings? Probably not.

How do they take it? I’m sure as hell it doesn’t make them work any faster.

Go shout at your Vehicle Engine and tell it to go faster. See how far that goes.

Despite all this, we do have a wonderful community as well as company here.

Happy Thanksgiving All :D
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis

Thanks for the update! As frustrated as I was I really appreciate you guys working hard to fix all this. Sorry if I didn't recognize this earlier. Should be just thankful that we have Celtic Heroes to begin with (especially since its my personal favorite mobile game). Keep up the hard work and thanks for all you do!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Appreciate the update Schwing, being Thanksgiving and all Im Thankful for the work put in by developers.

Now to the situation, I play on a 5s. Cannot play period. Use my Laptop (Bluestacks to remotely run.)

Hell, I’m not whining about it though. This update was not rushed as in Beta it actually ran seamlessly, on this very device.

People should learn to control their addictions, and instead of threatening to spend money elsewhere or dwelling on how terrible of a job VR is doing, take a step back and take it all in.

In just a few short months they have pushed out an Engine Update. No, not a content Update, which would probably be a lot easier. But an ENGINE Update. Actually, they included content in here too.

These problems, again, were not present in Beta but are now present in Live, and at mass scale. Consider the fact that VR is doing a great job on communicating with us whilst simultaneously working on the Update.

Also keep in mind, these advancements are are at a much faster rate than previously before.

1) Put your money where your mouth is. If you can’t do better or remotely give any suggestions, posting hate propaganda is pointless.

It simply stresses the company out, makes you look like a fool, and achieves no end goal.

Being as probably the most advanced MMO on phones today, and rapidly growing, the loss of one player that continuously spews garbage actually reduces the stress of VR having to deal with it.

Do you think Schwing or other VR members wake up excited to read hate mail or give board warnings? Probably not.

Go shout at your Vehicle Engine and tell it to go faster. See how far that goes.

You're being overly defensive. No one is slandering VR or sending them hate in this thread. I, personally, am just letting my feelings on this be heard, which I think I'm entitled to do since I've spent several hundred dollars on this game. The forums are meant to be a place where we can be heard, not be all roses and back patting all the time.
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

You're being overly defensive. No one is slandering VR or sending them hate in this thread. I, personally, am just letting my feelings on this be heard, which I think I'm entitled to do since I've spent several hundred dollars on this game. The forums are meant to be a place where we can be heard, not be all roses and back patting all the time.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, albeit I’m not saying it’s all roses and back patting, simply that we should respect what the company is doing and be patient because ultimately they are real people, and naturally we can only take so much or work so hard. Point being, they’re on the situation and yelling at them helps nobody.

Agree to disagree ;)
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis

This is super frustrating. I play in Gwydon and I can’t join my clan to play on the new update as my device(iPhone 6s) just crashes. Therefore not only am I missing out on killing bosses at reset, I’m now missing out on double plat and unable to enjoy the new content.
Maybe I should be spending my money elsewhere?
I would suggest re-reading the bottom part of Schwings post. They will be working to make sure people don't miss out on double plat and the double xp coming out.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger