Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Locked sooooo quick

Any 5 year plan VR gives us would be extremely vague. Not necessarily because they want to keep it secret, but because they don’t know what may happen in the mean time. Also, they don’t want to get players hopes up. For example, things may come up out of nowhere, like this Unity upgrade.

One other thing that people seem to be forgetting is that VR hasn’t really had a chance to develop any new content for the game. They took over from OTM after the gardens were released, then all of a sudden they were thrown into the unity upgrade. Please don’t worry about “VR is so slow with content”, since they haven’t had a chance to do any yet.

Wardon hit the nail square on the head.
Unity upgrade wasn’t out of nowhere, afaik current unity build is years outdated, and people had been complaining about iPhone X compatibility for well over a year before we heard any news of unity update process even starting. That’s out of nowhere?

They can host mini events, they can change droprates, they can change boss windows. If we aren’t getting new content, fixing old content in the meantime would at least be nice. They can talk to us more than once a month on forums, we aren’t asking for a massive new update. Just regular communication and not to be left in the dark.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Starting a new thread as my previous one was locked (remember the good old days). Okay so my sarcasm didn’t go down well with the hardcore members of the Celtic heroes community. I to was once like you, played the game for hours everyday, bought plat, defended the game when it was under attack. But that was back in the day when the game felt fresh, new content every year,seasonal events ,great player base etc etc........ and now??? And now we have a game that a lot of us have invested a fair few pounds, dollars , yen ( take your pick ) into and what are we getting back? Uncertainty.... the hardcore among you can come jump up n down on this thread if you like but it won’t change the fact that in game there are a lot of peeps that are not buying plat anymore due to uncertainty of the future of ch...may I suggest that v.r post it’s 5 year plan for the future of the game. Get people excited about what’s coming next. Get people talking in game about positives instead of negatives........I do apologise if this has all been brought up on the forums before but I really don’t bother reading them that much anymore ( I find if I’m going to do anything Celtic heroes related it’s best spent in game and not on the forums trolling other peeps posts). ...........that is all.

I remember when rock was young
Me and Suzie had so much fun

But the years went by and the rock just died
Suzie went and left us for some foreign guy
Long nights crying by the record machine
Dreaming of my Chevy and my old blue jeans
But they'll never kill the thrills we've got
Burning up to the Crocodile Rock
Learning fast as the weeks went past
We really thought the Crocodile Rock would last

Sir Elton John, please excuse the downsizing.
https://youtu.be/KY_AqsdLMJc

oh and by the way, Cyprus, many others and I are those players that "started to play since the beginning of the game, something [we] are really proud of".

Not bashing anyone, pointing out outsourcing (I dont care) or urging for impossible updates, but some sketches or long-term goals of the future of the game would be welcome.
Ranger since Winter Event 2011
222 in Danu

#InB4Lock, this was a thread made to be locked as it was started wrong, more or less a complaint in a longer version.

The only thing i got from this i agree with is what will VR do? Yes i gotchya, VR updating our client to Unity 2018, Bravo i couldnt agree more to go through with that. And with this update you are bringing us some changes to the game. But my Q. Is has VR thought of a new area that they want to do want to consider, or maybe new questline for throughout whole game? Like a carrowmore sized update or a Warden thing idk. Thats just my question, how big is VR planning after Unity?

But seriously you guys need to shutup about this complain stuff, no one needs to listen to the same 40 people Bit***** about the same thing, “Dedicated playerbase, uncertainty, waste of plat the engine gunna fail rip CH, VR is trash dont kno what they doin”, no one needs to hear it from anyone. I will probably get alot of hate for this comment but seriously, the 3-5 threads a day about he same unfathomable is exhausting to think about the fact that you have 0 common sense. Rule: Dont make repeat threads, its said daily now thanks to you lot.

Edit: sorry this post is a bit agressive bitey, i still luv u #WatchHisStreams
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

I just wanted to throw this out there for consideration: do you know of any game that has ever published a 5 year plan publicly for its users to see?
Award for the best post goes too Bitey!’

But seriously you guys need to shutup about this complain stuff, no one needs to listen to the same 40 people Bit***** about the same thing, “Dedicated playerbase, uncertainty, waste of plat the engine gunna fail rip CH, VR is trash dont kno what they doin”, no one needs to hear it from anyone. I will probably get alot of hate for this comment but seriously, the 3-5 threads a day about he same unfathomable is exhausting to think about the fact that you have 0 common sense. Rule: Dont make repeat threads, its said daily now thanks to you lot.

+1 I find the lack of common sense on these forums to be quite... disturbing
Lol, but seriously tho.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

+1 I find the lack of common sense on these forums to be quite... disturbing
Lol, but seriously tho.

Any 5 year plan VR gives us would be extremely vague. Not necessarily because they want to keep it secret, but because they don’t know what may happen in the mean time. Also, they don’t want to get players hopes up. For example, things may come up out of nowhere, like this Unity upgrade.

One other thing that people seem to be forgetting is that VR hasn’t really had a chance to develop any new content for the game. They took over from OTM after the gardens were released, then all of a sudden they were thrown into the unity upgrade. Please don’t worry about “VR is so slow with content”, since they haven’t had a chance to do any yet.

Wardon hit the nail square on the head.
Unity upgrade wasn’t out of nowhere, afaik current unity build is years outdated, and people had been complaining about iPhone X compatibility for well over a year before we heard any news of unity update process even starting. That’s out of nowhere?

They can host mini events, they can change droprates, they can change boss windows. If we aren’t getting new content, fixing old content in the meantime would at least be nice. They can talk to us more than once a month on forums, we aren’t asking for a massive new update. Just regular communication and not to be left in the dark.
Maybe not for the prior team but for the current team it was basically out of nowhere. The team we have now took over and had to update unity immediately. Once again, blaming VR for something they had no control over. Things have been stated time and time again about when VR took over. They are also full hands on deck with unity, they aren't taking breaks to change drop rates or make events, something that has also been stated. They are rolling out unity as fast as they can so they can focus full time on updating the game. I want change as much as you do but I would rather have unity rolled out as fast as possible before focusing on changing the game.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

1... what part of I don’t read the forums didn’t you guys understand??? 2. A’s a customer that wants to stay with the game I don’t think I’m being unreasonable asking about the future. 3. You guys go ahead and stick your head in the sand and pretend the loyal player base isn’t getting smaller and smaller.

I just wanted to throw this out there for consideration: do you know of any game that has ever published a 5 year plan publicly for its users to see?
Ummm 99% of the games I play don’t need to as they keep updating,new events, weekly events, great communication what’s coming next etc etc