Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Radical Change needed for Celtic Heroes

I am angry at you Celtic Heroes!

I’m very disappointed that no Halloween event has been planned. No information has been given although stuff is possible. Why not increase Garanak, Osan or Urchaid spawns? Why not give us a few potions for free? Or give us a special colour of the spidersilk fashion. Yet we hear nothing? Or will you give us a ridiculous last minute notice again?

Game:
This game had so many players sitting on the edge of their chairs trying to lock bosses and experience the content and richness the Celtic Heroes brings with it but this has ended. You’ve reached your peak in 2014/2015 and ending the Seasonal Events ended many Heroes careers (aka Quit).

Cooking and Fishing have been nice additions however, you soon realize that this hobby costs a lot more gold then you initially wanted to spend. We have given you feedback and came up with other gold sinks but none have made it into the game. Why not?
Regarding there not being a Samhain event, I believe VR has been pretty open about their desire to put all hands on deck for the unity upgrade. They’ve said a few times as I recall that this change is critical and, while behind the curtain, needs to precede any game development that we get. The beta sign up went up for that so hopefully game development will come soon thereafter. But to me that seemed to be the reason for the lack of an event.

As far as seasonal events as they were before, I miss them too. They often involved new and fun content and made you figure out a new boss. But those events require a considerable amount of development and, for reasons know to VR, they made a change that led to a considerable development team being let go. It seems to me that if seasonal development was a challenge before Glasgow closed, it would be even less likely until The Thai office was fully staffed. And considering the amount of development required, the goal may be to create more permanent, rather than temporary, content.

Are fishing and cooking gold sinks? Yes. But it seems to me that is by design. Over the past six years, there’s been a huge amount of inflation in gold in most server economies. The Carrow/sewers/fingals expansion was a big bump in gold drops. The tower was an even bigger gold bump. Yet, the costs of items? Eh... pets were likely originally conceived to be an ongoing gold expense. But they really aren’t that much. Dragons are a bit more but still, 1200 an hour? Pretty sure I can get that back easily. So how does one get a functioning economy? By finding alternative ways for people to spend that gold, rather than trading back and forth the same old fashion. Fishing and cooking fill that void. They get endgame players to by xp and ability lixes (who knew??) and give people who like to level a new goal. Plus they can actually be helpful in the game itself by creating useful consumables. So, yes, they’re gold sinks, but maybe that’s a good thing.

Just an devil’s advocate argument...fwiw.
I dont mind gold sinks. I just wish saffron would be lowered to atleast 500 per. Not 800
If it helps, I usually sell min at cost to clannies and add that saffron and the extract into the price. They get the fish largely for free. I tell them I’m not making any money on the deal and they’re usually good about it.

Of course for less xp, you can just do the non-fish recipes and extend the process a bit but build your mastery.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Regarding there not being a Samhain event, I believe VR has been pretty open about their desire to put all hands on deck for the unity upgrade. They’ve said a few times as I recall that this change is critical and, while behind the curtain, needs to precede any game development that we get. The beta sign up went up for that so hopefully game development will come soon thereafter. But to me that seemed to be the reason for the lack of an event.

As far as seasonal events as they were before, I miss them too. They often involved new and fun content and made you figure out a new boss. But those events require a considerable amount of development and, for reasons know to VR, they made a change that led to a considerable development team being let go. It seems to me that if seasonal development was a challenge before Glasgow closed, it would be even less likely until The Thai office was fully staffed. And considering the amount of development required, the goal may be to create more permanent, rather than temporary, content.

Are fishing and cooking gold sinks? Yes. But it seems to me that is by design. Over the past six years, there’s been a huge amount of inflation in gold in most server economies. The Carrow/sewers/fingals expansion was a big bump in gold drops. The tower was an even bigger gold bump. Yet, the costs of items? Eh... pets were likely originally conceived to be an ongoing gold expense. But they really aren’t that much. Dragons are a bit more but still, 1200 an hour? Pretty sure I can get that back easily. So how does one get a functioning economy? By finding alternative ways for people to spend that gold, rather than trading back and forth the same old fashion. Fishing and cooking fill that void. They get endgame players to by xp and ability lixes (who knew??) and give people who like to level a new goal. Plus they can actually be helpful in the game itself by creating useful consumables. So, yes, they’re gold sinks, but maybe that’s a good thing.

Just an devil’s advocate argument...fwiw.
I dont mind gold sinks. I just wish saffron would be lowered to atleast 500 per. Not 800
If it helps, I usually sell min at cost to clannies and add that saffron and the extract into the price. They get the fish largely for free. I tell them I’m not making any money on the deal and they’re usually good about it.

Of course for less xp, you can just do the non-fish recipes and extend the process a bit but build your mastery.
Already did that with baras. I get like 1k each from them now at 187.

The downside of the mini events is that it both causes multiple server resets (which interrupts the flow of the game and a lot of people have been getting sick of), and also most people don't want to spend their weekends camping for bosses.
All of those problems you just said can be changed by VR so we can have fun mini events, instead of the same bland bosses 2-3 times a week. You seem to forget these problems in the game can be fixed VR and we aren’t just stuck with them.
They can change drop rates...but just because players want something changed doesn't mean that VR will do it. They have their own ideas for the game and how it is meant to be done, and that doesn't always gel with what players think. I know that players occasionally tend to have a better idea of game metas than developers do, and I'm pretty sure the developers realize that, but there's one other issue....players are biased. They want what is best (in their opinion), whereas VR needs to think about the game as a whole. Even more then that, they need to think to the future. As far as I could tell, OTM was not planning on increasing the level cap anymore, and I sure hope VR feels the same way.
Because of that, there are limits in what endgame content can be added. I doubt they are going to focus all their permanent content on the 200+ range.... It's very likely that Bloodthorn was planned to be the last completely endgame boss for at least a couple years, while VR focuses on other universal content for all player ranges or on more content for mid levels.

Yes the 90% of the playerbase that have complained for years and so many have quit over are wrong, drop rates are fine and it’s totally okay many 5 year old now, irrelevant items EG haven’t even dropped yet on many servers.

Players are biased, yes. We are biased towards raids that don’t take 40+ toons and drop rates that mean we don’t have to wait months for a single high tier meta-relevant item to drop from a boss killed twice a week with over 25 players required. We are biased towards enjoying the game. As it is now many don’t enjoy these bosses anymore, and it’s because of the far too high player count required paired with awful droprates. Whilst VR are biased towards money, not the players.
The quest...eh. The debate about whether it was actually a bug or not could go on for years...the only ones who know the true answer are the developers, and they gave us their story already.
It was a bug, that effected the playerbase positively and didn’t hurt the game at all. Just VRs wallet, so it’s quite clear why they chose to change it.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

I really wanna hit 200 cooking and got tons of gold to spare so. 13 lvls to go o.O not to mention the fish are costing me 500g ea from players atm cuz i havent leveled my fishing yet lol.
I feel your pain. I'm about 160-165 but halfway on mastery and less than that on proficiency and sucks because my fishing ability is only 108 so the good stuff I can't really cook unless I buy.
Ya and from what i gather the fishing is a huge gold sink too. My mastery is at 1800 atm which helps in lvlinf process a bit
It seems to be getting that way. I fail to see how others are really profiting off fishing. Unless they are scamming others by over pricing fish and other drops that are acquired through fishing. I have no idea. I know the crumbling, aged, etc items go for quite a bit but I've literally only gotten 1 crumbling tablet and 1 aged crown and I'm 110 now. The fish aren't worth any more than the potions I use to keep fishing. The logic makes no sense to me unless I'm not high enough lvl to profit. I know shalemont has the 1200 gold each fish but 25-35k an hour that I get doesn't seem to really be worth it.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

The downside of the mini events is that it both causes multiple server resets (which interrupts the flow of the game and a lot of people have been getting sick of), and also most people don't want to spend their weekends camping for bosses.
All of those problems you just said can be changed by VR so we can have fun mini events, instead of the same bland bosses 2-3 times a week. You seem to forget these problems in the game can be fixed VR and we aren’t just stuck with them.
They can change drop rates...but just because players want something changed doesn't mean that VR will do it. They have their own ideas for the game and how it is meant to be done, and that doesn't always gel with what players think. I know that players occasionally tend to have a better idea of game metas than developers do, and I'm pretty sure the developers realize that, but there's one other issue....players are biased. They want what is best (in their opinion), whereas VR needs to think about the game as a whole. Even more then that, they need to think to the future. As far as I could tell, OTM was not planning on increasing the level cap anymore, and I sure hope VR feels the same way.
Because of that, there are limits in what endgame content can be added. I doubt they are going to focus all their permanent content on the 200+ range.... It's very likely that Bloodthorn was planned to be the last completely endgame boss for at least a couple years, while VR focuses on other universal content for all player ranges or on more content for mid levels.

Yes the 90% of the playerbase that have complained for years and so many have quit over are wrong, drop rates are fine and it’s totally okay many 5 year old now, irrelevant items EG haven’t even dropped yet on many servers.

Players are biased, yes. We are biased towards raids that don’t take 40+ toons and drop rates that mean we don’t have to wait months for a single high tier meta-relevant item to drop from a boss killed twice a week with over 25 players required. We are biased towards enjoying the game. As it is now many don’t enjoy these bosses anymore, and it’s because of the far too high player count required paired with awful droprates. Whilst VR are biased towards money, not the players.
The quest...eh. The debate about whether it was actually a bug or not could go on for years...the only ones who know the true answer are the developers, and they gave us their story already.
It was a bug, that effected the playerbase positively and didn’t hurt the game at all. Just VRs wallet, so it’s quite clear why they chose to change it.
I've been upset about the amount of people it takes for over a year now. I've searched everywhere for bosses and the only ones I ever hardly see or lvl 110 and below every day
Those are the legacy ones. I also see mono 6 stars just sitting for 2 weeks because the top clan too bothered to even kill it and nobody else can. The bosses that we can kill aren't even spawning. And of course when there's a boss we can kill then the top clan is there immediately. They need to work on making bosses for just 1 or 2 groups not 5 groups all at one boss.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.