Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why the Bloodthorn Change and Future Drop Changes are BAD

This is not accurate, the helm chance actually went slightly up.
It would be good to understand how was it increased, perhaps it'll save a lot of wasted feedbacks on helms and we could focus on things like ammies and rings.

We only killed one bt since the patch but it at least granted us godly pummel ring in the imperial+ slot. First godly we have so whether luck or not I do appreciate the change. I still believe helms should be dropped more before players spend countless amount of purenesses on dg helms that will be later completely wasted, considering how hard it is to complete a dg piece.
If they did something with gele/prot. That dg bottleneck would be fixed tremendously
Ive posted on how to change prot so many times now, especially regarding the loot. Ive also said that gele should be 4-5 equipable drops, 1 pureness, 1 confluxes and 1 random conflux (pureness or class conflux). Its a lot of drops but I dont think its too much considering most drops from gele suck.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

It would be good to understand how was it increased, perhaps it'll save a lot of wasted feedbacks on helms and we could focus on things like ammies and rings.

We only killed one bt since the patch but it at least granted us godly pummel ring in the imperial+ slot. First godly we have so whether luck or not I do appreciate the change. I still believe helms should be dropped more before players spend countless amount of purenesses on dg helms that will be later completely wasted, considering how hard it is to complete a dg piece.
If they did something with gele/prot. That dg bottleneck would be fixed tremendously
Ive posted on how to change prot so many times now, especially regarding the loot. Ive also said that gele should be 4-5 equipable drops, 1 pureness, 1 confluxes and 1 random conflux (pureness or class conflux). Its a lot of drops but I dont think its too much considering most drops from gele suck.
Yeah your ideas were really good. Wish VR would consider it.

The game is slowly dying. No doubt about that. People are leaving every other day because a lack of content/updates, or there being no transparency from the owner regarding OTM.

That is not to say that the game doesn't have a chance to go upwards instead of the downwards curve it is in currently. We will eventually see how consistent and faithful VR is to updates when their build finally goes through. With a little bit of advertising this MMO really does have the potential to explode like Clash of Clans, since this is truly one of the only two free to play MMOs that actually looks and plays decently on the mobile market.

Meanwhile changes like the Bloodthorn guaranteed one imperial per kill is not safe for the game, YET.

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update. Players would be far more excited to see helms dropping than an imperial dagger ring, it could motivate players for several months to kill Bloodthorn, and seeing this reduced change can be massively demotivating.

My main argument here is that buffing any drop rate does more harm to the game than it does good currently. If you haven't noticed already, we have had a new raid approximately every 3 years, which is unfortunate but understandable given the small team size OTM had. Endgame players stick so long do this game because 1: to socialize with friends they've made during their years on this game, 2: waiting for their desired end game loot to drop.

The players that stick around for end game loot will have less drive to play a game IF they're already fully kitted because there is NOTHING to do on here with rarely any content updates. They would have to wait years to see another set of raids for fresh gear.

Right now we need to all assume that the next raid will be out in 2 years because VR has a similar size team to what OTM did and we all know how the latter performed with their updates. Do you really want stuff to drop imperials and godlies and shadows and voids and helms more often and ultimately get bored of this game?

Whenever old raid gear gets outdated because of new ones (these have already been buffed for the older raids) AND if the VR team proves to us that they can dish out content updates much quicker, a new set of raids every 1-2 years instead of 3+, new levelling zones every 2 years, content update every 2-3 months, ONLY then should current drop rates ever be increased.

Do share your views.
Or they improve their game design so the player Base is happy? They can clearly create new bosses with unique mechanics every few months have you forgotten about seasonal events? This game truly started dying when they stopped releasing seasonal content, they are very capable of releasing a full raid every year.

The game is slowly dying. No doubt about that. People are leaving every other day because a lack of content/updates, or there being no transparency from the owner regarding OTM.

That is not to say that the game doesn't have a chance to go upwards instead of the downwards curve it is in currently. We will eventually see how consistent and faithful VR is to updates when their build finally goes through. With a little bit of advertising this MMO really does have the potential to explode like Clash of Clans, since this is truly one of the only two free to play MMOs that actually looks and plays decently on the mobile market.

Meanwhile changes like the Bloodthorn guaranteed one imperial per kill is not safe for the game, YET.

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update. Players would be far more excited to see helms dropping than an imperial dagger ring, it could motivate players for several months to kill Bloodthorn, and seeing this reduced change can be massively demotivating.

My main argument here is that buffing any drop rate does more harm to the game than it does good currently. If you haven't noticed already, we have had a new raid approximately every 3 years, which is unfortunate but understandable given the small team size OTM had. Endgame players stick so long do this game because 1: to socialize with friends they've made during their years on this game, 2: waiting for their desired end game loot to drop.

The players that stick around for end game loot will have less drive to play a game IF they're already fully kitted because there is NOTHING to do on here with rarely any content updates. They would have to wait years to see another set of raids for fresh gear.

Right now we need to all assume that the next raid will be out in 2 years because VR has a similar size team to what OTM did and we all know how the latter performed with their updates. Do you really want stuff to drop imperials and godlies and shadows and voids and helms more often and ultimately get bored of this game?

Whenever old raid gear gets outdated because of new ones (these have already been buffed for the older raids) AND if the VR team proves to us that they can dish out content updates much quicker, a new set of raids every 1-2 years instead of 3+, new levelling zones every 2 years, content update every 2-3 months, ONLY then should current drop rates ever be increased.

Do share your views.
Or they improve their game design so the player Base is happy? They can clearly create new bosses with unique mechanics every few months have you forgotten about seasonal events? This game truly started dying when they stopped releasing seasonal content, they are very capable of releasing a full raid every year.
From what I remember they stopped with those events to focus on auction house and cooking.

Seasonal events and yearly raids sounds so mouth watering right about now.
Wattzon of Sulis

From what I remember they stopped with those events to focus on auction house and cooking.

Yeah. Seasonal events had to go, so that permanent content could come in, such as cooking, fishing, auction house, corrupted gardens, etc. I'm not entirely sure of the timeline anymore...but I think mounts came after events stopped as well? All of that would very likely not be here if the team was still focusing most of their effort on redesigning and rebalancing prior events.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Yeah. Seasonal events had to go, so that permanent content could come in, such as cooking, fishing, auction house, corrupted gardens, etc. I'm not entirely sure of the timeline anymore...but I think mounts came after events stopped as well? All of that would very likely not be here if the team was still focusing most of their effort on redesigning and rebalancing prior events.
Yeah they would. Otm just got lazy. Hence their firing.

You don't know that for sure. There are several possible reasons why that change happened.

It takes time to plan out new things, even longer to design and build them. if you are trying to focus your effort on multiple things, it all takes way longer than if you were doing one at a time. Yeah, its possible that some of the releases would have happened even if the events continued on...but it probably would have taken twice as long to release, and either the event or the release quality would have dropped.

You don't know that for sure. There are several possible reasons why that change happened.

It takes time to plan out new things, even longer to design and build them. if you are trying to focus your effort on multiple things, it all takes way longer than if you were doing one at a time. Yeah, its possible that some of the releases would have happened even if the events continued on...but it probably would have taken twice as long to release, and either the event or the release quality would have dropped.
The speed in which 'permanent ' content did not speed up in the stopping of seasonal events that they claimed would happen when they stopped seasonal events.

The speed in which 'permanent ' content did not speed up in the stopping of seasonal events that they claimed would happen when they stopped seasonal events.
Well, different types of content have different speeds. Maybe the time it took to release the new systems was sped up. Where it took, say, 1 year to design/build/test/release Auction House, maybe it would have taken 1.5-2 years with seasonals on the side.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure, since time travel hasn't been invented yet, to view multiple different futures.

Apologies for bringing this thread off topic.

Do share your views.
That’s from the point of view of a server that kills BT day of spawn.. less than 20% of the playerbass. For many servers not as active, the terrible drop rates discourage people from logging for bosses like prot, gele and bt when half the drops go unused
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid