Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What is the purpose of group exp penalty?

I don’t understand the purpose of this. Kinda odd that a game that heavily promotes player to player cooperation would penalize players for group leveling. I understand the gold penalty but I truly think the exp penalty is completely pointless and annoying... leveling from 1-221 with a group of 6-8 players would be sooooooo much more enjoyable than leveling solo or with another partner, because most can agree that leveling is the most slow and boring aspect of this game (especially when going for endgame the first time)

Remove it plz. It would make leveling a Druid actually fun (and maybe more people won’t reject leveling with them lol... I may or may not be guilty of this .-.)
Last edited by Zkills on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: What is the purpose of group exp penalty?

With two people you get 130% xp split to two people, so 65% xp.

Assuming you’re more efficient with your kills, you’re still definitely better off.
Would be way better if you simply got the same amount of exp when group leveling as when you level solo... you’re still getting less exp per kill and once you go over 3 people you really start to lose out on exp (unless if everyone is bad lol). You’re still getting penalized nonetheless and it shouldn’t be like that... I see no reason why it’s even a thing

Even with the “bonus” large group leveling sucks

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

With two people you get 130% xp split to two people, so 65% xp.

Assuming you’re more efficient with your kills, you’re still definitely better off.
Would be way better if you simply got the same amount of exp when group leveling as when you level solo... you’re still getting less exp per kill and once you go over 3 people you really start to lose out on exp (unless if everyone is bad lol). You’re still getting penalized nonetheless and it shouldn’t be like that... I see no reason why it’s even a thing

Even with the “bonus” large group leveling sucks
The only disadvantage I see with large lixing groups is that you can run out of mobs to kill (assuming no one's slacking off). Your idea means that you're essentially giving players an option to have an x8 lix bonus - no doubt players will abuse this - and to me that's not a good idea.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

See it this way. You kill 1 mob a minute and your lix partner does too. Together you kill 2 mobs a minute. Normally you get say 5000 xp for that. With the group bonus you get 5000/2 × 1.3= 3250 xp. But you kill 2 mobs in the same time you would've killed 1 mob, so you get 3250 × 2= 6500 xp. That's 1500 more than you would've done alone. Of course it won't be as perfect as this always, if you get worse xp, then your lix partner is simply leeching on you. But imo lixing together is very beneficial, you won't burn through as many restos/idols as you would alone while you get more xp and in large groups you can often drop the hp/haste lix and still get pretty good xp.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Question still hasn’t been answered... what’s the point of it?

I already understand how it works and it’s not what the thread is about. I will always see it as penalizing because I would always get more exp solo than leveling with a partner unless if I’m lixing purely on 4* mobs. Druids suffer from this the most

I already understand how it works and it’s not what the thread is about. I will always see it as penalizing because I would always get more exp solo than leveling with a partner unless if I’m lixing purely on 4* mobs. Druids suffer from this the most
I like the idea a lot. Levelling should be both cheaper and easier however idk if VR would be down to reduce the number of plat items needed to get eg even though it may encourage more people to get eg and therefore more plat on raids in the future. +1 regardless
Hi

It keeps the game balanced. Back in the day many had the same complaints so otm implemented group bonus. Remove xp/gold being shared you could get 120k from one gold boss if you fill grp with alts. As for xp players would be forced to group lvl then which is not what everybody wants. Atm lvling in group is still better unless you’re stacked in lux and hero combos.