Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Contest Prizing!

Hey Heroes!

We want your feedback and ideas. Specifics!

We CANNOT add new items to the game, as you know. So we're playing around with ideas for prizing right now. Below: We'll give you some examples (not set in stone) of things we've been tossing around. We'd like to know your thoughts.

Example A:
Instead of doing prizes per world, having rare fashion for winners to choose from in order.
Top 1-5 prizing picks from the following:
White Lanrik Set
White Hunters Set
White Spidersilk
Black Lanrik
Black Hunters

Example B:
Top 1 per world get a dragon egg and 20 chests
Top 2-3 20+ chest...

Example C:
Keep previous Mauve and Teal fashion sets as prizing

Re: Contest Prizing!

Examples A and B are going to draw the most attention. Both examples are worth millions unless these were NO TRADE items. Plus, my heart goes out to the Lanrik set as my favorite fashion design in the game. <3

However, having unique color sets is also really nice. Buuuuuuut, I think Teal needs to be retired, because most people won't notice the difference between that and the turquoise set unless they looked hard enough. Mauve is still favorable though because it's distinguishable from the purple sets.

Since the general color range has already been done, why not add special affects to these items to really spice them up? I'd go back to the animations in the birthday cakes from 2012, and tone them down to size obviously, but with proper animating, they could look really nice on gear. Smokey Lanrik, Glowing Demonhunter, Blazing sets, etc. I think those can be great ideas. Plus I'm still waiting for my sparkly purple party hat to actually be sparkly again. ;)

Just my thoughts :)

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

Examples A and B are going to draw the most attention. Both examples are worth millions unless these were NO TRADE items. Plus, my heart goes out to the Lanrik set as my favorite fashion design in the game. <3

However, having unique color sets is also really nice. Buuuuuuut, I think Teal needs to be retired, because most people won't notice the difference between that and the turquoise set unless they looked hard enough. Mauve is still favorable though because it's distinguishable from the purple sets.

Since the general color range has already been done, why not add special affects to these items to really spice them up? I'd go back to the animations in the birthday cakes from 2012, and tone them down to size obviously, but with proper animating, they could look really nice on gear. Smokey Lanrik, Glowing Demonhunter, Blazing sets, etc. I think those can be great ideas. Plus I'm still waiting for my sparkly purple party hat to actually be sparkly again. ;)

Currently, we can't add special effects. We can't add anything that requires a client update. For example A, that's why it's only one per contest. We don't want to take away from the rarity of the items or devalue them.

EDITED: Sorry, I meant client not server. CLIENT UPDATE.

I like these ideas and i cant stand teal. I have a teal faewynd set and it looks exactly like turq making it not as unique. Literally sits in my bank now. They need to release other fashion already in came thst they dont have colors for Ex: turq smug and pirate

Currently, we can't add special effects. We can't add anything that requires a server update. For example A, that's why it's only one per contest. We don't want to take away from the rarity of the items or devalue them.
Would server update be required to make these items no trade? As much as i hate the no trade concept. Itll help keep the other sets in value.

Would client update be required to make these items no trade? As much as i hate the no trade concept. Itll help keep the other sets in value.
Not sure, I think so. BUT, I will double check. I think it does, bc it wouldn't be just making it Non-Trade. (That change would make all of those sets non-trade) It would be adding a duplicate item in the system that is a copy of the code that is non-trade.

Currently, we can't add special effects. We can't add anything that requires a server update. For example A, that's why it's only one per contest. We don't want to take away from the rarity of the items or devalue them.
Well, that's sad to hear, but once Unity is up and running maybe we can come back to these ideas :)

But another thought just occurred to me. Instead of items, could boss spawn rates be increased with a server restart and not an update? Potentially for just one server or would it have to be for all servers? This would be a really great reward for server vs. server competitions. Rewards could be legacy bosses, quest-armor bosses, or raid bosses.

Just another idea, haha.
Last edited by Rikitt on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

A big NO for me on example A. This will bring down prices for the left over rares that are left in the game. And many collectors would be very upset. Example B is very reasonable though :)
-Guardian Of Thereal (Rosmerta) :)
-Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Celtic Heroes Gameplay

My thought on example C
Is maybe prizing Teal/Muave versions of Lanrik,Hunter etc etc
Effected for top winners and
Non effected for runner ups
And participants

Example A is everything though dawg
It's Just Another Graceless Night