Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Too slow paced

Some time ago I suggested that the game needs to be more fast paced, I was surprised that it got 0 or little comments. What I mean by slow paced is the combat, 100% of things to do in CH involves combat and just imo its too slow and quite dull to watch and honestly makes me not interested in playing. Like warriors, their auto attack is too slow it hits the target then seconds later it hits the target again, all skills baring one have a cool up or whatever u call it, skill animations aren't flashy enough to be interesting. Cool ups on the hardest hitting skills I get but everything else should be instant cast. Not just hating on the warrior class though, all of them are the same. Look at other games in this genre, combat is fast paced, every skill and auto animation looks so cool. There's not a dull moment in combat and it's very much interesting to watch.

So, this isn't a suggestion yet. I'd like to know if I'm the only one that thinks this?
Last edited by Romeo on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Too slow paced

Imagine 20 toons doing flashy moves on autos every second during a raid.

Now imagine your server constantly crashing and lag being 100x more of an issue than it is now.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Some time ago I suggested that the game needs to be more fast paced, I was surprised that it got 0 or little comments. What I mean by slow paced is the combat, 100% of things to do in CH involves combat and just imo its too slow and quite dull to watch and honestly makes me not interested in playing. Like warriors, their auto attack is too slow it hits the target then seconds later it hits the target again, all skills baring one have a cool up or whatever u call it, there's no lighting effects and skill animations aren't flashy enough to be interesting. Cool ups on the hardest hitting skills I get but everything else should be instant cast. Not just hating on the warrior class though, all of them are the same. Look at other games in this genre, combat is fast paced, every skill and even auto attacks have amazing lighting effect and the skill animations look so cool. There's not a dull moment in combat and it's very much interesting to watch.

So, this isn't a suggestion yet. I'd like to know if I'm the only one that thinks this?
I actually think the opposite is true lol, OTM has added too many particles and effects, I suppose it is "flashy" and attracts players but it makes many older devices obsolete or forced to turn graphics maxed all the way down.
220 DPS Warrior
195 Fire Mage
Clansman of Elementals- Resident of Belenus

Some time ago I suggested that the game needs to be more fast paced, I was surprised that it got 0 or little comments. What I mean by slow paced is the combat, 100% of things to do in CH involves combat and just imo its too slow and quite dull to watch and honestly makes me not interested in playing. Like warriors, their auto attack is too slow it hits the target then seconds later it hits the target again, all skills baring one have a cool up or whatever u call it, there's no lighting effects and skill animations aren't flashy enough to be interesting. Cool ups on the hardest hitting skills I get but everything else should be instant cast. Not just hating on the warrior class though, all of them are the same. Look at other games in this genre, combat is fast paced, every skill and even auto attacks have amazing lighting effect and the skill animations look so cool. There's not a dull moment in combat and it's very much interesting to watch.

I actually think the opposite is true lol, OTM has added too many particles and effects, I suppose it is "flashy" and attracts players but it makes many older devices obsolete or forced to turn graphics maxed all the way down.
Yeah that’s true, even on my iphone 6 i have to turn graphics all the way down at prot necro and gele to stop lagging so bad.
Sulis
Cookiemonsta (Warrior) Lvl 220
Siin (Rogue) Lvl 222
Acres (Mage) Lvl 170+

Some time ago I suggested that the game needs to be more fast paced, I was surprised that it got 0 or little comments. What I mean by slow paced is the combat, 100% of things to do in CH involves combat and just imo its too slow and quite dull to watch and honestly makes me not interested in playing. Like warriors, their auto attack is too slow it hits the target then seconds later it hits the target again, all skills baring one have a cool up or whatever u call it, skill animations aren't flashy enough to be interesting. Cool ups on the hardest hitting skills I get but everything else should be instant cast. Not just hating on the warrior class though, all of them are the same. Look at other games in this genre, combat is fast paced, every skill and auto animation looks so cool. There's not a dull moment in combat and it's very much interesting to watch.

Personally I don't like combat that has large numbers popping up everywhere and explosions and lights and colors everywhere. With a raid, it would get really annoying and distracting and everyone would end up turning it off.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I actually much prefer the current combat system opposed to other games with lots of options and attack styles and flashy buttons. Kind of like osrs vs rs3.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

You are far from the only one. The financial book has spoken. Or try looking for this game in Top 500 Grossing in your app store. Or see how people are mocking the pvp in Youtube comments. People do want Kamehameha! in their games, though forum replies may suggest otherwise. But expect no changes since the problem is deeply embedded in this game's ideology and codes.

Honestly I enjoy a peaceful RPG fight. Druid has enough Particles I like maxed graphics I want to keep it that way

You are far from the only one. The financial book has spoken. Or try looking for this game in Top 500 Grossing in your app store. Or see how people are mocking the pvp in Youtube comments. People do want Kamehameha! in their games, though forum replies may suggest otherwise. But expect no changes since the problem is deeply embedded in this game's ideology and codes.
Does it matter if CH is top 500! Our community is already here. And this isn’t PVP it’s PVE there’s a difference. Sure pvp might need a change but player versus enemy does not. Go buy the iPad70937292047 and go play order of the league of Celtic runescape warcraft if you want flashy graphics that work at bosses with 50 people

Bloodthorn was designed for 30+ proper geared toons, I do not like the idea of 30 flashing lights for 15 minutes

Honestly I enjoy a peaceful RPG fight. Druid has enough Particles I like maxed graphics I want to keep it that way

Does it matter if CH is top 500! Our community is already here. And this isn’t PVP it’s PVE there’s a difference. Sure pvp might need a change but player versus enemy does not. Go buy the iPad70937292047 and go play order of the league of Celtic runescape warcraft if you want flashy graphics that work at bosses with 50 people

Bloodthorn was designed for 30+ proper geared toons, I do not like the idea of 30 flashing lights for 15 minutes
Bloodthorn takes 50-80 toons atm xD
Unless you have a TARDIS and are from the future :o if so take me with you :D
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at