Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Celtic Heroes Future

Dear OTM,

I’d like to know what steps you are taking on keeping the current player base. Yes, you will release Corrupted Gardens soon but why should we as a community still play your game? In the last months, more and more games have been published and many have been free and accessible. Why should we still waste time camping when we can play other games that offer faster windows and less time to progress?

This in no way should sound to you as if I talk negatively about your game but instead I am worried as a player but also customer that this game will not attract new players due to the system we currently have. Indeed, we as customer/players expect a lot and OTM is a small company developing this game but I worry about its future. Camping bosses should not be a thing anymore especially in this time of age. Yes, I honestly believe that it was a good system but this system has made many of us quit and to prevent this as well as attracting new customers/players, I ask you to change the system.

One of the ways you could achieve this is by expanding drop tables for gear bosses, giving a 4* boss a definite chance of dropping a drop. Another would be by increasing the pay 2-win aspect, maybe many people will not like this but who else will be paying otm’s bills? Watching ads for plat wont secure a future for the game therefore I am willing to sacrifice the game experience for more pay two win.

But this won’t fix the addressed issue, which is camping. OTM, why don’t you set up boss raids yourself? Why don’t you say that at x game time all divine bosses will spawn? I understand that smaller clans will get smashed by clans that have more people in it but something has to change. You (OTM), changed windows before so why not change them again? How about an 8hour window with a 2-day reset time.

This has been addressed a few times before but something needs to happen OTM and bringing new bosses won’t help clans that are smaller. We are all customers/players of your game and only want the best for you but why should we spend money on your game if progression takes so much time away from us? Why wait 2 hours for a boss to spawn? Why would we need to dedicate hours and hours of camping Bosses whilst we can play other games that give us more freedom to when we do something and are ensured its always up? The horizontal content brought to us is/was great but I believe that we need to see faster responses to what the community likes instead of what development plans on doing.

Why not fix the existing bugs/class rebalances before you push out the new HUGE update? I am sure all of us can wait but please let’s fix the games flaws together instead of releasing new updates, in which plenty more bugs will occur and I am 100% sure that there are people out there like me that are willing to help you. Why don’t you keep a Test Server up and running for selected few to test out things, give you bugs, push out updates to test around?

What is happening/what has happened with marketing? Nothing in the world is free but if you could give me/us transparency about things that would be very appreciated. If there is a way we can contribute, please let us know. If money is something that is needed to get progress started why not create a fund instead of apple taking parts of the money.

Again, I’m only worried about the game and think that there is huge potential.
Nightmaaarree
Unit & Colours

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

Dear OTM,

I’d like to know what steps you are taking on keeping the current player base. Yes, you will release Corrupted Gardens soon but why should we as a community still play your game? In the last months, more and more games have been published and many have been free and accessible. Why should we still waste time camping when we can play other games that offer faster windows and less time to progress?

This in no way should sound to you as if I talk negatively about your game but instead I am worried as a player but also customer that this game will not attract new players due to the system we currently have. Indeed, we as customer/players expect a lot and OTM is a small company developing this game but I worry about its future. Camping bosses should not be a thing anymore especially in this time of age. Yes, I honestly believe that it was a good system but this system has made many of us quit and to prevent this as well as attracting new customers/players, I ask you to change the system.

One of the ways you could achieve this is by expanding drop tables for gear bosses, giving a 4* boss a definite chance of dropping a drop. Another would be by increasing the pay 2-win aspect, maybe many people will not like this but who else will be paying otm’s bills? Watching ads for plat wont secure a future for the game therefore I am willing to sacrifice the game experience for more pay two win.

But this won’t fix the addressed issue, which is camping. OTM, why don’t you set up boss raids yourself? Why don’t you say that at x game time all divine bosses will spawn? I understand that smaller clans will get smashed by clans that have more people in it but something has to change. You (OTM), changed windows before so why not change them again? How about an 8hour window with a 2-day reset time.

This has been addressed a few times before but something needs to happen OTM and bringing new bosses won’t help clans that are smaller. We are all customers/players of your game and only want the best for you but why should we spend money on your game if progression takes so much time away from us? Why wait 2 hours for a boss to spawn? Why would we need to dedicate hours and hours of camping Bosses whilst we can play other games that give us more freedom to when we do something and are ensured its always up? The horizontal content brought to us is/was great but I believe that we need to see faster responses to what the community likes instead of what development plans on doing.

Why not fix the existing bugs/class rebalances before you push out the new HUGE update? I am sure all of us can wait but please let’s fix the games flaws together instead of releasing new updates, in which plenty more bugs will occur and I am 100% sure that there are people out there like me that are willing to help you. Why don’t you keep a Test Server up and running for selected few to test out things, give you bugs, push out updates to test around?

What is happening/what has happened with marketing? Nothing in the world is free but if you could give me/us transparency about things that would be very appreciated. If there is a way we can contribute, please let us know. If money is something that is needed to get progress started why not create a fund instead of apple taking parts of the money.

Again, I’m only worried about the game and think that there is huge potential.
I've got to agree, it's definitely going to be a problem with the new (and much loved releases) that have come/are coming out. We already have AdventureQuest on iOS and they will soon be releasing both versions of Runescape. This is a massive problem for OTM, particularly as these are well loved brands that have huge fanbases already.

I've also always found it strange that Celtic Heroes has never been well advertised, I myself only found the game by typing "MMO" into the app store one day, which isn't really a good way to get an influx of players/customers (just stumbling upon it).

The server I play on seems to have drastically decreased in population from when I first started playing in early 2014, players still trickle in but the majority eventually quit. I fear that this will steadily get worse as more players become hooked on other MMO's and Celtic Heroes continues to suffer from a lack of advertisement and exposure.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

This is false, and this opinion is why OTM refuses to fix this from what I've gathered.

OTM has stated that windows are so long because they want smaller clans to "stumble" upon these raids, which NEVER happens. They are clearly underestimating how clans compete with each other and this has showed us a lack of experience on their part in end game camping and clanning. Large clans camp hours at these raids as they have the numbers. Smaller clans have little to no chance unless they choose to punch above their weight.

For example, Gwydion had competition at one point between a smaller and bigger clan. The smaller clan would equally camp raids as the bigger clan, and sometimes both clans had full DPS groups at raids like Mord, standing there waiting for the window to max out to engage in the lock battle. Possibly in other servers the smaller clans cower in the face of tough competition and don't bother spending too much camping time.

A nice shorter window of maybe 6-7, or 7-8 hrs, would alternate the raids respawn times through different timezones, and ALL clans would benefit from this. Spending less time camping gives time to do other in game activities like fishing, cooking, and reduces burnout which has lead many players to quit.

And to make matters worse, all these hours of camping leads to mediocre loot because the better gear take ages to drop because OTM cannot keep up with the content and has to keep us occupied in some way.

Celtic Heroes future hangs in the balance. More and more PC MMOs are coming to mobile with seamless playability between the platforms. A recent example is Villagers and Heroes which has loads of content, Runescape is coming soon. Surely companies are looking at the mobile market in interest now, just take a look at how PUBG and Fortnite have expanded into the mobile arena.

Celtic Heroes does not have the exclusivity it one did. There will be more MMOs, and other type of multiplayer games that will be entering the mobile market. This isn't 2012 or 2013 where this game is the standout PC/console-like game on your phone. Issues need to be addressed, wide polls need to be made, and action needs to be taken if this game wants a future.
Wattzon of Sulis

Celtic Heroes future hangs in the balance. More and more PC MMOs are coming to mobile with seamless playability between the platforms. A recent example is Villagers and Heroes which has loads of content, Runescape is coming soon. Surely companies are looking at the mobile market in interest now, just take a look at how PUBG and Fortnite have expanded into the mobile arena.

Celtic Heroes does not have the exclusivity it one did. There will be more MMOs, and other type of multiplayer games that will be entering the mobile market. This isn't 2012 or 2013 where this game is the standout PC/console-like game on your phone. Issues need to be addressed, wide polls need to be made, and action needs to be taken if this game wants a future.
This.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Well said, in my opinion OTM is losing more people instead of gaining. Could we get numbers on how many new accounts have been created?

Mulder has repeatedly said that we should not worry about CH’s future but I do. Why would we spend hours on a game that makes you camp hours if you can play games that reward you continuously? How can we prevent problems like login issues, which occurred recently? Yes, giving us some Hero combos was nice but we as bad as it says, we expect a lot more.

Customers/players expect updates more frequently and I think most of us would like to see detailed patch notes. If OTM cannot adapt towards those goals that the community sets, which is us playing YOUR GAME, there will be no future.

Therefore, I’d like to see timers revamped so that we at least are able to grind but also aren’t rewarded too fast. Have you tested 5minute timers with a window of 5min max on Frozen Bosses as an example? Less competition, finally everyone can finish their orbs or how about dropping those orbs? Even better and set 5minute timers on DL. Finally, no lockers are needed and everyone can have a piece of the cake. Instead, focus on RAIDS and increase competition on those.

Additionally, servers are getting lower on numbers and anyone trying to battle this must live on mars. I think it’s time to think about merging servers and who cares about the economy or devaluation about items. If this doesn’t happen the game will shut down and you can look at your items only through screenshots. This should at least become an option for some server. Instead of spending money on new servers it might be time to cut down on servers.

The game has changed a lot, I’ve been around for 7+ years but the game hasn’t changed with the community. Of course, it will always be your game but we are your players and would like to have some say too, in order to guide it to a direction we’d like to see it go. By all means, yes this will take time but please if nothing gets done why would we still play? Players are returning NOW for the update coming soon and you should hire more developers if needed. I’d be happy to help out wherever I can as well as donate a small amount and I’m sure many others would also make a donation.

In the end, its your game and you can shut it down next week but don’t forget who has helped you create your game to your business. WE are the people that have helped you make a living off your game as well as your employees and many of us are in to help you guide this game into a direction that we call the future.
Nightmaaarree
Unit & Colours

I think we should not try and force otm to do anything that will unbalance their obviously carefully designed game; anyone who says otherwise has no idea how much work goes into creating anything like this.

Also i’ll resist the temptation to write an essay like everybody else :P
Sulis
Cookiemonsta (Warrior) Lvl 220
Siin (Rogue) Lvl 222
Acres (Mage) Lvl 170+

I think we should not try and force otm to do anything that will unbalance their obviously carefully designed game; anyone who says otherwise has no idea how much work goes into creating anything like this.

Agree, minor tweeks are needed but the whole game doesn't need to be turned into something it's not.. celtic heroes is unique let's keep it what it is without turning it into another game entirely.. can boss windows be shortened sure as in the comment above that said 9-12 hours (not every 5min that's insanity and overkill).. and to stop all new content because a few vocal members want changes implemented now is also not conductive.. plenty of people are perfectly happy with the game without a major overhaul of how it works.. I for one would like to thank otm for the hard work put out in the new gardens update, as a beta tester it looks fantastic and when the feedback gets implemented (otm listened and responded to us more then any other gaming company would have I might add) it will even be that much better.. hats off to otm this game has lasted for 7+ years because of its uniqueness and will be around for a long long time.. Great job otm keep up the good work and keep busting out that new content! :D

I can see what you mean, i'm mostly just worried about the number of players this game will have when RS hits. Might not be immediately noticeable, but who's to say what state this game will be in within a few years if something isn't done. Hell, my world has already decreased in size.

like I said before, this game is heavily under advertised and unrepresented compared to most other MMO's on the App Store. Every player I've ever asked has said the same thing, that they simply stumbled onto CH. I know advertising costs money and all, but surely a fresh influx of possible plat buyers is better than relying on the players who are still clinging on.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

In the end this is a free to play MOBILE game. It's not a matter of "why should we play your game if", it's really a matter of. "why are you still playing if".
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I'm off today (plus it is 11PM) but I wanted to reassure everyone that Celtic Heroes is still one of the biggest MMOs on mobile and we've only grown year after year. Muldar guarantee.
I agree the market has changed and mobile mmos are growing. Maybe we will have to change our view points on some stances or develop in different ways with new competition but that is just what we plan to do, while still retaining what makes us, us.
OTM has always been the underdogs, a small Scottish company, but the game we have made always amazes me. Celtic Heroes is a vibrant world filled to the brim with celtic lore, constantly being upgraded and developed with a dedicated, active and vocal community I am proud to represent.

We've got a lot planned. Design have been bursting with ideas and of course I've been twisting their arms on a few things ;)

Lot of stuff under review and proposals for changes made!