Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apple now requires loot box drop rates to be disclosed

Tbh I want to see what the loot drop rate for a void moon helm is
As the proud owner of a shadow moon helm I don’t wanna know
No matter the number they give, prepare for incoming rage
Bosses are not paid loot boxes, therefore OTM will not be required to disclose any data on them.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

All this bs is because of the most greedy gaming company EA. Otm isn’t a multi billion dollar company however and it upsets me that smaller companies have to feel the shockwaves of the earthquake that larger companies created.

Big companies are greedy and the gaming community is full of assholes. Small companies just want to survive
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

All this bs is because of the most greedy gaming company EA. Otm isn’t a multi billion dollar company however and it upsets me that smaller companies have to feel the shockwaves of the earthquake that larger companies created.

Big companies are greedy and the gaming community is full of assholes. Small companies just want to survive
Doesn't matter how big nor how small, if there are negative social consequences to loot boxes, it doesn't matter if its EA, Blizzard, or OTM selling them. Loot boxes are without any debate, gambling, but as many countries and territories require, gambling must display the odds. Think of scratch-off tickets, a pretty similar in form to your typical loot box.
Displaying the odds won't change how many of the boxes are bought, same way scratch offs are still being sold, but rather it gives the community a sense of "okay, that's what I'm paying for" instead of 100% blind luck.
Personally, I think loot boxes should be prohibited as a paid for item. Make it a way to give a randomized reward, sure, but gambling in games sucks. And this is coming from someone who buys chests, and opens them, pretty often. Bought 1600 chests the weekend of double plat for example.

Who cares how big or small the company is. If what they are doing is wrong, its wrong. If company X is a billion-dollar firm and Z is a small business, and both sponsor terrorism, it doesn't matter who makes more money, the act itself is wrong. (was gunna use drug cartels, but i get that "illegal" drugs is a whole different debate, hopefully we can all agree that terrorism is bad).
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at