Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#1
Heroic Elixer of Haste. Works well with any melee class(even casters in some cases) but which class gets severely screwed with hastes? Rogues.

Why you might ask? Our EDL dagger has the speed of 1840, but with haste it should bring it down to 736. It doesn’t. Brings it down to 1100. Brings that’s only approximately 45%. That’s a lot of DPS we are missing out of because of a cap. Rogues are SUPPOSED to be fast.

Let’s take the EDL bow for instance. It’s speed is 2800. Use a haste and it brings it down to 1120.

Let’s do the easiest Dps formula known to mmos. Dmg/Speed.

Rogue edl without lix: 130/1840=.07
Ranger edl without lix: 180/2800=.064

Rogue edl with lix: 130/1100=.118
Ranger edl with lix: 180/1120=.16

It’s pretty even when it’s without lix, but once you use a heroic haste there’s a huge disadvantage. That’s an insane amount of damage gone.

I just want to know why the rogue class got screwed in this area. Got a huge nerf since that cap came out. Was it because rogues were(and still are) overpowered in carrowmore? Or was the speed cap because the current engine couldn’t keep up with the animations? This has been a problem before. Especially with Gelebron Weps and the animations for the skill. It slows down the players dps because the animation takes too long.

Let me know what you guys think! I know most rangers are gonna bash it. That’s fine. If my math is a little off, let me know! ;) I tried to keep it within a hundredth instead of tenths to make it a little more accurate.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#3
i get your point, but does your point gets you...

the problem with rogues is, that we are to overpowered in attack speed and skills speed and...generaly Rogue aint the class to complain about, id rather fixing some other classes to get on the same powerlvl rogues are on.

for example rangers attack speed or warriors.
CouchPotato 223 Rogue, Belenus

If you can't devide us, you can't conquer us.

Re: Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#6
How lucky are rogues!? They can save gold and use super haste lix and still get to 1100...As a rogue either complain about spite or shut up. Rogue is the class with the least issues dps wise in the game.
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#7
Ventius wrote:How lucky are rogues!? They can save gold and use super haste lix and still get to 1100...As a rogue either complain about spite or shut up. Rogue is the class with the least issues dps wise in the game.

Except we lose 15% speed compared to other classes. We take all AOE attacks.

I also made a post about DoTs. Spite falls into that. Spite shouldn’t be overridden.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#8
Warsong wrote:
Ventius wrote:How lucky are rogues!? They can save gold and use super haste lix and still get to 1100...As a rogue either complain about spite or shut up. Rogue is the class with the least issues dps wise in the game.

Except we lose 15% speed compared to other classes. We take all AOE attacks.

I also made a post about DoTs. Spite falls into that. Spite shouldn’t be overridden.


From your perspective, you are getting the short end of the stick, because you cant use a premium item (heroic haste) to get more DPS over a super haste. You should look at the bigger picture: Rogues dish out excellent damage. Your claim that it's not fair is mute because as a whole rogues do excellent damage. Let's look at Mages. There could be a spell haste lix, and I know I would love for there to be one, even if it were druid/mage only, but there isn't... Know why? Because mages and druids are balanced and giving them such an advantage would make them overpowered. As it stands if you were to do this, rogues would be overpowered. Everyone wants their favorite class to be the strongest and buffed.

I have an end game of each class. Some druids like to DPS, and some warriors like to DPS; just because they can tank/heal does not mean they should not be able to keep up with other DPS classes. I have an excellent set of DPS and Heal gear on my druid, and I feel its slightly out of balance with mages. A small DPS boost would go a long way on druids. I think rangers should be more consistent and better at the low-to-medium end gear. I think Rogues are pretty well balanced tbh and would not be supportive of making them faster.

Attack speed is a massive balancing modifier. 15% dps boost to an already high DPS class is the opposite of balance.
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

Re: Heroic Haste isn’t Equal to all Classes

#9
Ventius wrote:How lucky are rogues!? They can save gold and use super haste lix and still get to 1100...As a rogue either complain about spite or shut up. Rogue is the class with the least issues dps wise in the game.


Sure we save gold however we don’t save plat since no one in any server will truly sell super hastes those are bought by plat buyers who use them themselves, I do this occasionally, lets not take into the fact ss missed almost all the time on gele and does no dmg, however you are right every other class has more downfalls than a rogue
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests